You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lightninger

Cherry Blossom Week Special on my YouTube channel, and I do mean SPECIAL!!!!!

37 comments in this topic

[-BRS-]
Members
870 posts
15,132 battles

Normally I don't care about advertising my videos and this week was going to be a normal 3 upload week but something extraordinary happened. Over the weekend on Saturday night, my operation division encountered a few rather interesting, crazy, incredible games in Cherry Blossom. The replays for the last game are ready and I assure you, you will want to see them, but I will be starting with a couple more tame videos to start the week. As such, this week is changing to 7 videos with one upload a day and the first video I uploaded yesterday is a solid game in a Cleveland run by myself in a 6 ship division. The replays for the crazy game will be uploaded Tuesday through Saturday. Here is the Cleveland game for everyone interested.

Before anyone starts accusing me of getting Cherry Blossom nerfed, the replays for Tuesday to Saturday having nothing normal about them, and I myself have no interest in getting this operation nerfed either.

• Cool 3

[ARGSY]
Members
10,643 posts
7,006 battles
3 minutes ago, Lightninger said:

I myself have no interest in getting this operation nerfed either.

By "nerfed", do you mean "bots made easier, stupider and more killable", or do you mean having the enjoyment nerfed by making them super-competent and bringers of fire with every minor graze of HE secondary shells?

[-BRS-]
Members
870 posts
15,132 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

By "nerfed", do you mean "bots made easier, stupider and more killable", or do you mean having the enjoyment nerfed by making them super-competent and bringers of fire with every minor graze of HE secondary shells?

Nerfed as in enjoyment nerfed, i.e. what happened to what others are now calling the "Ultimate FU" or the rewards being decreased as in what has happened to Narai.

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,794 posts
5,074 battles

Dude!  It was so cool, we...

Wait, you probably don't want me throwing down any spoilers, huh?

:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 2

[-BRS-]
Members
870 posts
15,132 battles
3 minutes ago, Fishrokk said:

Dude!  It was so cool, we...

Wait, you probably don't want me throwing down any spoilers, huh?

:Smile_hiding:

Hehe, yes, no spoilers please Fishrokk.

[WOLF5]
Members
349 posts
6,589 battles

Don't mean to burst your bubble but I don't see anything outstanding about the game, aside from those idiots who held back at the last stage and that moron who kept telling you to get back, it is a pretty standard Cherry Blossom game.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,928 posts
4,184 battles

That wasn't one of the weird games.

Unless you count 10 kills in a Cleveland as weird, which it kinda is.

Edited by iDuckman

[-BRS-]
Members
870 posts
15,132 battles
2 minutes ago, bigbearbeear said:

Don't mean to burst your bubble but I don't see anything outstanding about the game, aside from those idiots who held back at the last stage and that moron who kept telling you to get back, it is a pretty standard Cherry Blossom game.

Did you read what I wrote in my first post? This game isn't one of the special ones. Those will be uploaded Tuesday to Saturday.

[INTEL]
Members
1,311 posts
11,179 battles
2 hours ago, bigbearbeear said:

Idiots? Moron? I know, being a co-op player, some of the nuances of team play may escape you so I'll help you out.

Those idiots hanging back? Yeah, those "idiots" were heavily damaged. One of the secondary objectives is to have 4 ships survive. Translated, that's worth a star, and more importantly for us, higher XP payout. Those idiots were making sure we secured that star. Yes I said "we", I was driving a Kutuzov in that match.

Coward, the player you call a moron for telling people to get back? Yeah, that's the guy that takes a Fubuki into Aegis solo and racks up 270k+. That "moron" has had 6 of us in awe watching him work on multiple occasion. BTW, he carries a 57% w/r in randoms, solo, as well. Yeah, moron he's not.

You're not impressed because you don't understand what our objectives are when we load into an Op.

1) Win

2) Secure every star

3) Farm every possible point of XP

4) Get bragging rights

5) Have a bunch of fun while doing the above 4. We pick on each other, distract each other, make fun of each other, and do our best to be the best player in the match.. every. single. time.

Light's match is more impressive than any solo match could be. He did it while competing against 5 players who are capable of dropping 200k matches at any time. Some of those 5 do it regularly, in multiple ship types, while competing against each other. There were no weak links needing carried on that team.

Oh, and if its a pretty standard Cherry Blossom game, feel free to post up your long list of +200k matches.. in any mode.

I want to add one more thing. Our Ops group isn't a bunch of elitists excluding anyone or looking to make ourselves look great. The offer is made regularly for anyone who wants to join for a session to let Light know. We've helped a lot of players get their stars in Ops. We honestly enjoy the teamwork and camaraderie of all of us being on comms. Ops is a great way to have fun and we're always happy to help.

Edited by Ares1967
  • Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
870 posts
15,132 battles
10 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

Idiots? Moron? I know, being a co-op player, some of the nuances of team play may escape you so I'll help you out.

Those idiots hanging back? Yeah, those "idiots" were heavily damaged. One of the secondary objectives is to have 4 ships survive. Translated, that's worth a star, and more importantly for us, higher XP payout. Those idiots were making sure we secured that star. Yes I said "we", I was driving a Kutuzov in that match.

Coward, the player you call a moron for telling people to get back? Yeah, that's the guy that takes a Fubuki into Aegis solo and racks up 270k+. That "moron" has had 6 of us in awe watching him work on multiple occasion. BTW, he carries a 57% w/r in randoms, solo, as well. Yeah, moron he's not.

You're not impressed because you don't understand what our objectives are when we load into an Op.

1) Win

2) Secure every star

3) Farm every possible point of XP

4) Get bragging rights

5) Have a bunch of fun while doing the above 4. We pick on each other, distract each other, make fun of each other, and do our best to be the best player in the match.. every. single. time.

Light's match is more impressive than any solo match could be. He did it while competing against 5 players who are capable of dropping 200k matches at any time. Some of those 5 do it regularly, in multiple ship types, while competing against each other. There were no weak links needing carried on that team.

Oh, and if its a pretty standard Cherry Blossom game, feel free to post up your long list of +200k matches.. in any mode.

Just a note to Ares1967 post, he is talking about operations games for the damage numbers, just for clarification. All this discussion has been about operations, but I don't want anyone making a mistake otherwise.

[INTEL]
Members
1,311 posts
11,179 battles
2 minutes ago, Lightninger said:

Just a note to Ares1967 post, he is talking about operations games for the damage numbers, just for clarification. All this discussion has been about operations, but I don't want anyone making a mistake otherwise.

Yeah, sorry. I was a bit annoyed when my friends are doing exactly what they should be and get called morons and idiots.

[-BRS-]
Members
870 posts
15,132 battles
1 minute ago, Ares1967 said:

Yeah, sorry. I was a bit annoyed when my friends are doing exactly what they should be and get called morons and idiots.

Not a big deal, just making sure there are no ambiguities in regards to what is being talked about.

Members
1,204 posts
3,156 battles

I was using Baltimore, averaging at least 135k (sometimes upwards of 150k and even 200k) with at least 5 kills. Cherry blossom is insane fun for me, especially with Balti, which I consider to be tied with Atago and Kutusov for best t8 cruiser. I love cherry blossom so much. 

[WOLF9]
Members
8,928 posts
4,184 battles
1 hour ago, Ares1967 said:

Our Ops group isn't a bunch of elitists excluding anyone or looking to make ourselves look great.

Hey, they let me play.  That should be sufficient testimony.

Really sad I missed Saturday, guys.

[WFR]
Members
433 posts
45 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

how to join operations team ?

[WOLF9]
Members
8,928 posts
4,184 battles
2 minutes ago, SinisterSe7en said:

PM @Lightninger (oops, almost mis-spelled that).

[-BRS-]
Members
870 posts
15,132 battles
2 minutes ago, SinisterSe7en said:

Send me a private message please. I am the unofficial leader of this informal operations division.

[INTEL]
Members
9,992 posts
28,112 battles
17 hours ago, CarbonButtprint said:

I was using Baltimore, averaging at least 135k (sometimes upwards of 150k and even 200k) with at least 5 kills. Cherry blossom is insane fun for me, especially with Balti, which I consider to be tied with Atago and Kutusov for best t8 cruiser. I love cherry blossom so much. 

This man is clearly wrong! Cherry Blossom is really boring and stupid! No fun at all! Everyone hates it! No need for changes!

[WOLF5]
Members
349 posts
6,589 battles
5 hours ago, Ares1967 said:

Yes, I called it and you guys were idiots.  The heal circle heals extremely fast in Cherry Blossom, and what on earth are you guys doing getting so heavily damaged anyway.  The video poster even tanked for you guys by running into the illumination bomb.  Normally, the team should do the 1st part, have a quick dip in the healing circle to heal up, then go in and kill everything.  

And who is the moron who kept calling the video poster to retreat anyway?  He's the only one doing it the right way.  If you guys have went it, the scenario will be over even quicker and you can start a new one.

[INTEL]
Members
1,311 posts
11,179 battles
17 minutes ago, bigbearbeear said:

Yes, I called it and you guys were idiots.  The heal circle heals extremely fast in Cherry Blossom, and what on earth are you guys doing getting so heavily damaged anyway.  The video poster even tanked for you guys by running into the illumination bomb.  Normally, the team should do the 1st part, have a quick dip in the healing circle to heal up, then go in and kill everything.  

And who is the moron who kept calling the video poster to retreat anyway?  He's the only one doing it the right way.  If you guys have went it, the scenario will be over even quicker and you can start a new one.

The expert speaks again.

We maximize XP and fun by killing every possible ship in a single run through. While you're picking up 1000ish XP our 6 man teams are averaging 2k each. Then we can move to the next op. We don't have to wait for the ops to rotate through, we do them all whenever we want.

Carry on.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,928 posts
4,184 battles

I"d suggest that he come prove it, but I'm not sure how much fun that would be...

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,261 posts
5,821 battles

Are you guys usually on around night time to do operation farming? (Pacific time more specifically)

[-BRS-]
Members
870 posts
15,132 battles
1 minute ago, Vader_Sama said:

Are you guys usually on around night time to do operation farming? (Pacific time more specifically)

Yes, we have 5 people in the discord right now. I will be joining later, and more will be getting on as well.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,261 posts
5,821 battles
Just now, Lightninger said:

Yes, we have 5 people in the discord right now. I will be joining later, and more will be getting on as well.

Is the discord for operation purposes?

[-BRS-]
Members
870 posts
15,132 battles
1 minute ago, Vader_Sama said:

Is the discord for operation purposes?

Originally it was a discord for a specific group and had maybe 10 people on it before I joined it. It sort of evolved into use for the operations division, and the owners have not had any objections so far, so short answer is yes.