You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Zath

[-K-] Kraken is selectively recruiting skilled, mature players Round 2

60 comments in this topic

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,272 posts
16,869 battles

image.png.7e3b056ba2f60129b9dd3d452ccd982f.png

Do you enjoy sailing pixel ships, and shooting at other pixel ships?  Are you pretty good at it?  Do you like playing with other players who know how to sink pixel ships?  Are you pretty happy with your current name, and don't want to have to change it to fit some theme just to join a clan?  Do you enjoy playing random battles, may be interested in future clan battles or tournaments?  Then join Kraken!  We are a group of skilled, mature players who simply want to enjoy their evenings and weekends by sinking ships with similar players.

We provide a pool of good, easy-going players to play boats with.  Mature professionals, parents, college students, etc are welcome.  Nobody is going to babysit you, stroke your ego, or "manage your personality".  We believe that while winning is fun, winning together is better.  We use our knowledge of game mechanics and awareness of our own abilities to find ways we can improve each other at the game.

We use Discord for voice communications and chat/messaging.  A link will be provided upon request.We do not have a website or forum that we require you to be active on; Discord chat channels currently suffice for keeping up with the clan.

Kraken is run by a dedicated group of officers and lieutenants, however the clan cannot exist without equally dedicated members.  The requirements to join this clan are below.  Should you meet these requirements and like to join the happy tentacle, please contact our recruiting officer @wadavid.  If you'd just like to hang out in our Discord, please contact any -K- member for the invite code.

Spoiler
  • Must be 18+, in attitude as well as age. Mature, low-drama members required. Represent yourself and your clan well.

• Members must display a good command of the game. Must be willing to accept constructive criticism and strive to improve. We want to be at the top of our game and play with like-minded players.

• Players who wish to join should have a performance history that comfortably fits in with our current average (compare your stats to our clan's average) in order to better the group as a whole.  We look at a wide variety of stats, from win rate to PR to performance in Ranked and Clan Battles.  Some exceptions may be made for select players that show promise and improvement and/or a low overall battle count.

• We also tend to look at a player's average tier.  A player with a high win rate/WTR whose average Tier is IV may not fit in.  With Clan Battles being Tier X, we want players who are comfortable with high-tier play.

• Great players deal effective damage to priority targets and eliminate ships at tiers that matter, rather than just spamming low tier games to pad their stats.  They position themselves appropriately to impact the game in a positive way, rather than skirting the fringes and removing themselves from the game.  This is something we look for during the application process.

• Care about winning, but stay calm.  Occasional trash talk is to be expected, but constant raging against RNG or teammates is frowned upon.

Applicants will need to be on Discord and play with members for about a week while we get to know each other.  If accepted, you'll be given an invitation to either [-K-] Kraken or [_K_] Kraken!, depending on clan size.  Both are parts of the same clan and are treated functionally identical.  We do not believe in "sub-clans."

Thank you for your time and interest in this amazing game.  Let's go blow things up!

Edited by Lord_Zath
  • Cool 4

[-K-]
5,272 posts
16,869 battles

I joined this clan because of @Killjoy1941.  I was looking for a group of good players to hang out with, and when Clan stuff entered the game, it was time to find a home.  What made me enjoy hanging out with this group so much was how often and easy it was to find a division.  I'd just hang out in their "looking for division" room and in a few minutes, there was someone popping in to say hi and division up.  After months of playing games with so many -K- members, it just felt natural to want to formally join the clan. 

[-K-]
5,272 posts
16,869 battles

Thanks guys!

[-K-]
Members
663 posts
7,242 battles

I've been a part of Kraken for a long time and I'm still very happy with what we've become. I look forward to seeing the clan grow with good players that can have a good time in both divisions and clan battles.

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Members
1,133 posts
7,851 battles

Kraken was my first and only WOWS clan.  I've been a member for about a year and a half now and it's been a great group of people to chat with, play with, learn from and grow with.  I've learned so much, especially about competitive play having been a part of all 3 Clan Battles seasons with the clan.  The excitement and sense of pride when achieving success in battle with a group of 6 other like minded, passionate, players has been very rewarding.  But also great have been the fun lighthearted times playing operations or just a little random battle divving. 

• Cool 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
23 posts
4,600 battles

I also joined -K- a year and a half ago and I have never needed to look elsewhere! The laid back and chill environment is great, and knowing that you're division has some of the best players in the game makes for a splendid experience. I'll totally admit I played with @Kombat_W0MBAT before clans were around and saw that he joined the clan, so decided to apply, though my stats were a little low for the clan. Definitely worth it to play with the likes of @Zampy, @Pope_Shizzle, @Lord_Zath and they have made my game immeasurably better as well as fun. Every single member is a strong player and I can't imagine playing with anyone else. 

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Beta Testers
189 posts
4,241 battles

Great group of guys, been with them for just over a year now, even though i haven't been very active within the clan for the last 5-6 months its been a joy to watch them continue to grow, looking  forward to jumping back into the thick of it with them when life settles down a bit.

• Cool 2

Clan Supertest Coordinator
1,817 posts
8,149 battles
6 hours ago, Pineapple_Pizza_Is_Trash said:

Full disclosure.

I joined Kraken so I can keep tabs on @Treediagram.
I think he is up to something... :fish_glass:

I'm just keeping track on pineapple pizza eaters....

and changing my name almost on daily basis for memes

[-K-]
5,272 posts
16,869 battles
22 hours ago, Lego_Party_Australia said:

Sending you a replay @Lord_Zath but I'm only a 60.2% not worthy of the K

If you really want to join -K-, then reach out to wadavid.  The statistics mentioned in the requirements are a general guide, much like the Pirates' Code.

8 hours ago, IgorSV94 said:

Can anyone join your discord? If so, I wouldn't mind an invite :P

invite code sent via PM!

• Cool 1

[WNSTN]
Members
2,709 posts
16,399 battles

Quality clan right here.

If you are looking for class and skill wrapped up in a single clan, this is it!

• Cool 1

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers
16 posts
9,156 battles

Could you describe in less than 500 words the absolute state of -K-'s weebness? Asking for a friend.

[-K-]
Beta Testers
1,803 posts
9,160 battles

It's like the KGB.  We know they're around, but we can't really get rid of them.

[_FOG_]
[_FOG_]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
431 posts
2,671 battles

Are you still recruiting?

I am looking for a clan with people I can division with.

Some background.

I have been playing game since mid closed beta.

I am active on Forums even when I take a break from the game. 

I usually play evenings during the week  ( EST )

DEPENDING on work , especially in the summer / early fall as it's our busiest time of year.

So I can not be on every day.

I have Ts and discord and can use them but I have a hearing impairment that makes this difficult at times . ( this disqualifies me from almost all clans it seems )

So I play mainly solo random , and PTS .

I love this game but have left it for long periods  because i just burn out  and get bored playing alone .

So I am looking for a Mature crowd that is not obsessed with daily attendance and who will accept a person with a handicap .

Thanks for your consideration. 

[-K-]
5,272 posts
16,869 battles

Yup feel free to reach out to @wadavid who can walk you through the app process :).  Though looking at your stats, you probably don't qualify for the clan just yet.  Work on improving and "getting gud" :).  You're welcome to hang w/us in our Discord however.  We had some fun games last night with a couple other players who are hoping to join at some point.  Taught them some good stuff!

[-K-]
5,272 posts
16,869 battles

Stalingrad parade FTW!  I felt soo bad for poor @BelgaraththeSorcerer who was forced to sit there and get pelted by our secondaries.  And then we opened up with primaries aimed at the conning tower.  Glorious overpens, comrade!

Members
1,808 posts
11,423 battles

Seems that there are no mature clans for players who fall in the 55% ish WR. We either get non stop invites from clans with below 48% or rejected by those over 60%  

Also, WR can be very deceiving. Any player who's played a while will have a hard time changing his/her WR. For example, if you have a 50% WR @ 300 battles it isn't difficult to get to 60% by 1000 battles but if you have 6,000 + battles at 50%, moving up just one percentage point is a task.

There are many players who for this reason create new alt accounts and start again. This time they have years of experience and able to easily push their stats up. 

[-K-]
5,272 posts
16,869 battles
5 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Seems that there are no mature clans for players who fall in the 55% ish WR. We either get non stop invites from clans with below 48% or rejected by those over 60%  

Also, WR can be very deceiving. Any player who's played a while will have a hard time changing his/her WR. For example, if you have a 50% WR @ 300 battles it isn't difficult to get to 60% by 1000 battles but if you have 6,000 + battles at 50%, moving up just one percentage point is a task.

There are many players who for this reason create new alt accounts and start again. This time they have years of experience and able to easily push their stats up. 

Very true, which is why we look at more recent stats to decide on applicants.  I agree it's not fair to punish someone for their losses/low WTR while learning the game.  

There are a few clans that come to mind for those who don't quite make the cut but want to find other mature players like themselves.  APOC, STW, and RUST are clans that I've enjoyed playing with and generally have older players.

Edited by Lord_Zath

Members
201 posts
2,790 battles
6 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Most clans, especially good ones, will take recent stats and WR into account more than overall stats and WR.