Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

7 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,776 posts
9,443 battles

I'll have to play my Taiho and Essex a lot more--doing the CV-specific missions in final stage of Halsey campaign, else no stars.

Productive weekend w/ a lot of wins.

1) GK's researched, credit woes again. Found I'd stockpiled so many flags I sold some of them, bought and outfitted Udaloi and Benson, neither's done maiden voyage yet. Missouri gets sickening to play repeatedly just for farming credits :/

ZAbBZrs.jpg

2) One player commented on the near-perfect lineup of T10 BBs (right side), though he claims republique hasn't been around long enough to be counted.

2YMcyAx.jpg

3) Grind to Buffalo is only 20k or so from done. Baltimore is designed for opportunistic harassment with her AP. Case in point:

d7tdJS6.jpg

Knocked off half this poor Hipper's HP. Frankly, the AP on US CRs is deadlier than HE if broadside CR or BB.

4) Caught a 1-HP snapshot:

tVLOQxM.jpg

5) A carry in Essex where I ended the match taking down their Taiho as well as putting my fighters to decent use providing air cover. Their Taiho was good, but should've been more aggressive about spreading out his bombers to make my fighter cover far more difficult. (Sorry for the pop-up window)

xHTUFxq.jpg

6) One of the CC staff--and unfortunately I played badly and fell to him -_-

pjf5hek.jpg

7) Did a bit of Clan Wars w/ my clan and quickly reminded of why not fond of it: so much waiting as well as much smaller teams.

Edited by Reymu
  • Boring 2

[BNKR]
Members
471 posts
2,983 battles

Got the Yorck. I'd like a second or so shaved off the reload...which, it turns out, happens when you get two-thirds of your HP removed by a Missouri and AR kicks in. :cap_like:

Honestly, though, seems like a bit of a sleeper at VII. Not as strong as the Nuremberg at VI (HOLY CRAP I LOVE THAT SHIP) but good.

[TDD]
Members
1,095 posts
8,787 battles

Finished the long long IJN DD grind and have a shiny Shimakaze in my port now.

Have collected almost enough coal and FXP to get the Musashi either way so that will be a decision i will need to make soon

Games were very toxic this weekend a lot of punks were out and about being A-holes

[TBW]
Members
7,527 posts
13,808 battles

Bought the Nueve De Julio earned 1/3 of the XP to get the Boise playing Narai. Bought the Abruzi with doubloons, played one battle in Narai with her and got deleted by a torp and didn't play her again. Played a few unsatisfying tier ten battles because my nephew was trying to work on his special upgrades. There was no joy in it, I can almost count on a loss when in a division in tier ten.

[O_O]
Members
803 posts
5,272 battles
1 hour ago, MajorEnglush said:

Honestly, though, seems like a bit of a sleeper at VII. Not as strong as the Nuremberg at VI (HOLY CRAP I LOVE THAT SHIP) but good.

Very good for long-range HE spam, and very punchy in close with AP.  Kind of an omen of things to come with the German CA line, and they only get tougher and more difficult to cit from here on out too.

I was about 4 of 14 this weekend, so nothing there to get excited about.  Just bringing the great results of two weeks ago back in line with my WR.  I really like that white skin for the Alsace, though.  Makes me sad there wasn't a Great White Fleet set for the anniversary last year.  Maybe they'll do a set for the return anniversary next year?

-R

[ARGSY]
Members
10,759 posts
7,031 battles

Never did I think I'd be able to grind out 100K captain XP in a night, with or without premium time, but the Gods smiled and the games were good (thank you to the other players on the winning teams), and the gambles of flags were worth it.

These things are probably best done in a ship I'm actually still grinding out, but I don't have the nervous energy for the extra grind it would take to move him and I won't spend doubloons on that (plus his tech-tree ship is Tier 8, so I can work on the XP part of the Yamamoto grind in the process; roll on Cossack).

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,636 posts
11,700 battles

The good:

WyPk853.png

Ramming an FdG to death in Nelson in a no-win 2-on-1 with him and a Nagato being the only ships remaining.

The bad:

F4BBSHb.jpg

C-cap spawn, T9 battle. In Atlanta.

Salt to the wound is the red team lemming training to A, and winning.

The ugly:

qXapsam.jpg

Three battleship caliber AP hits in Grozovoi. Three full penetrations, oh and the hit from Izumo did both a regular pen and an overpen's worth of damage by double-dipping. Fun and engaging. I think WG mentioned something about that...

This morning:

o9DrHrU.jpg

Lose by 4pts on a 287k game in Henri after dying to a citadel from a Lexington AP DB through my defensive AA. Good. Very good.

Sign in to follow this