You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bill_Halsey

Anyone seen the legendary mods in use yet?

43 comments in this topic

[TOG]
Members
3,452 posts
18,241 battles

It's not easy to determine if a ship has a legendary mod yet or not, but has anyone seen:

1. Zaos that twirl on a dime and dodge shells easily?

2. Mino's that put out smoke like mad?

3. DM's that can warp around islands fast?

4. Hindy's that's you can't put on  fire for long?

Among other things.

Edited by Bill_Halsey

[O_O]
Members
5,087 posts
11,441 battles

I am a bit over halfway to Hindenburg's legendary mod.

I started on Des Moines, but it looks pretty bland so I am not going to aggressively pursue it.

Haven't started on Zao's or Yamato's, yet.

Don't have Minotaur, Republique, or Henri.  The rest don't seem too 'legendary'.

[-ARP-]
Members
304 posts
16,463 battles

The groz mod... I haven't really noticed its effect as I'm not a torp boat so the -% to it is meh. Its +6% rof I dont notice either but I use it still because now I shoot faster.

[INTEL]
Members
7,121 posts
29,311 battles

Seen one in use (Hindy) by a friend.

Don't have any yet, but I am at Stage 5 in Hindenburg and Henri, Stage 1 on the rest.

Slowly it comes, step by step...

Edited by alexf24

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,737 posts
15,946 battles
34 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

4. Hindy's that's you can't pit fire for long?

Chein Lu Andertman has a Hindenburg with the Legendary Mods that can't be flooded; it's like 115% off any chance of flooding, LOL! How could anyone, ever, think that something like that would be OP?

• Cool 1

Members
565 posts
168 battles

Have Moskva Legendary Mod.

Notice the dispersion difference, especially when shooting at CLs and DDs.
Don't really notice the loss of max range nor the traverse make much difference.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,776 posts
9,443 battles

Should continue working on mine for Zao and Shimakaze and Z-52, maybe Yamato too.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
7,121 posts
29,311 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Chein Lu Andertman has a Hindenburg with the Legendary Mods that can't be flooded; it's like 115% off any chance of flooding, LOL! How could anyone, ever, think that something like that would be OP?

Chien Lu is the one I mentioned earlier in the thread. LOL

[PSP]
Members
8,194 posts

I used the Gearing's mod for a bit but found it to actually detract from the ship's performance, at least the way I play it. If you have your Gearing spec'd-out, and play it, primarily as a torpedo boat then the module might work. However, I do most of the damage in my Gearing as a gunboat and that -15% DPM that the module gives you for a 300 km detectability range reduction is not a very good trade-off. Not to mention that the DD now essentially has a 10 km detectability range for half the game anyway due to the overabundance or radar ships.

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
560 posts
12,456 battles

I have the Yamato Legendary, it seems I have gotten better as a player, it can't be due to the mod, can it? :cap_haloween:

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,737 posts
15,946 battles
46 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Chien Lu is the one I mentioned earlier in the thread. LOL

The old guy does get around, doesn't he!

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,127 posts
11,191 battles
2 hours ago, Umikami said:

It does not stop you from getting floods you silly kanigit ! Lol . It reduces the time you are taking flooding damage .

:Smile_honoring:

• Funny 1

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,127 posts
11,191 battles
3 hours ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Hindy's that's you can't put on  fire for long?

I have had it since Friday . I never seem to be able to catch exactly how much time it is at now ( I have the signal flags and BoS skill to max the reduction ) but it seems to be less the 8 seconds of fire damage time . I have stopped putting out fires with the Dam. Con. consumable , even if I get 3 . :cap_haloween: Still trying to judge the flooding time but I usually get hit by more then one and can not keep myself from automatically hitting that 'R' key ; Dagnabit !  Will be going to the training room to test it all out asap . 

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[TASH]
Members
5,089 posts
9,533 battles

One of my clanmates stacked the legendary DM upgrade with Propulsion Modification 2.  Let's just say it accelerates fast.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers
386 posts
6,191 battles

Been using the Zao mod for a while now, the overall improvement in rudder shift and tighter dispersion just pushes the needle even further to the comfort zone for the ship. Also having shell groupings that obliterate DDs and make cruisers and BBs cry bloody murder is hilarious. The reduction in max range is at best 'unfortunate' but ultimately 17.5 km is still very serviceable and realistically just encourages better Zao play anyway since the ship does best riding that line of mid-range engagement where it performs at its peak.

[SUCIT]
Members
1,036 posts
4,395 battles
1 minute ago, Raigir said:

Been using the Zao mod for a while now, the overall improvement in rudder shift and tighter dispersion just pushes the needle even further to the comfort zone for the ship. Also having shell groupings that obliterate DDs and make cruisers and BBs cry bloody murder is hilarious. The reduction in max range is at best 'unfortunate' but ultimately 17.5 km is still very serviceable and realistically just encourages better Zao play anyway since the ship does best riding that line of mid-range engagement where it performs best.

I've found that there are very few times where I've needed that little bit of extra range, and my spotter plane was down.  The Zao mod seems like a straight buff imho, and is probably one of the most powerful new mods.  

[UEFN]
Members
849 posts
15,961 battles

The Legendary Upgrade along with Propulsion Modification 2 for my DM completely transformed it into a very agile and responsive DD hunter and kite machine to burn BB, it encourages me to play more aggressive as the WASD hack is significantly more effective now.  I'm starting to get used to the new found agility and a bit frustrating to play without it now.  

Edited by Xcalib3r
  • Cool 1

[-VT-]
Members
558 posts
7,914 battles

I have the Hindi mod. In a game I didn’t have Damage Con 2 on my ship but flags and BoS, flood was down to 17sec.  Was very happy to see that.

[TOG]
Members
3,452 posts
18,241 battles
43 minutes ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

One of my clanmates stacked the legendary DM upgrade with Propulsion Modification 2.  Let's just say it accelerates fast.

0-27 knots in 3 seconds. 27-33 knots takes another 3 seconds. It works for the island waifu meta, but I'm not convinced for open water use.

[FACT]
Members
402 posts
3,957 battles

Grinding the Republique Legendary Mod. I'm in Stage 4 with 13 out of 15 wins needed to reach Stage 5 (earn 40,000 base XP). In the end, I'll only get a 6% fire rate increase and lose 6km range on my guns (26km down to 19/20km or so). Not sure if it's a worth while trade off. But only one way to find out.

I might do the Yamato next, but not sure. The Republic is fun as heck to play.

[SHAFT]
Members
508 posts
12,911 battles
4 hours ago, Xcalib3r said:

The Legendary Upgrade along with Propulsion Modification 2 for my DM completely transformed it into a very agile and responsive DD hunter and kite machine to burn BB, it encourages me to play more aggressive as the WASD hack is significantly more effective now.  I'm starting to get used to the new found agility and a bit frustrating to play without it now.  

Nice, always favored that play style for my DM rather than island humping....probably why my stats suck..lol

Only 15K base xp away, thanks for the info, very encouraged to hear that this will suit my play style cause the grind has been horrible this last week.

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles
15 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

I’m sure this is a dumb question but I’ve looked and not seen the legendary mod missions.. were are they ?

They're under Personal Assignments. 

You need a T10 to start the "quest chain" and it can only be earn by playing that specific T10.