You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BlailBlerg

What ships do you play for enjoyment and not-grinding?

88 comments in this topic

[FAE]
Members
2,342 posts
2,886 battles

I've only got the Harugumo left as a goal for grinding (and maybe getting enough credits to buy back my Chung Mu <3). Now I'm at the task of getting good at some ships. Which ships do you like to play because its fun and the game is comfortable? 

DD play really feels awful right now. Langley, Guilio, Orion are my current clubbers. They seem to have the most impact on any game. 

If you want to help me in a purposeful way, I don't have a Massachusetts or a Missouri or a Musashi or a Kronshadt or any of the more difficult to get premiums. Could you suggest something else? (Eventually I'll probably break down and get a Mass though). (I also do have ships on other accounts) 

[HYDRO]
Members
3,022 posts
4,612 battles

Okhotnik is my go to Blyatmobile. Only radar you meet is from premiums, you can chew DDs up with the silly alpha and the low detection can help suicide torping become not that suicidal. Plus its a riot just to look at him. If you end up toptier it's filthy.   It has quite a few cons (clumsy, low gun range, low torp range) but is quite fun. LWM has a good guide on him, you might wanna have a look if interested.

Last, any cruiser unfortunate enough to get close can get easily "balanced" :cap_book:.

5b681aab26d9c_Screenshot2018-05-2402_24_02.thumb.png.fe91237a190b038d2782a7775a6964f7.png5b681ac72be20_Screenshot2018-05-2402_24_44.thumb.png.eee8908f4c7474024d7111ff733f09bd.png

Members
2,165 posts
4,892 battles

I play ships somewhat selectively, so I guess I can say I play pretty much every ship for enjoyment. I like ships I can do decently in, and consequently, get above average numbers all-round. 

[TBOW]
Members
1,808 posts
12,239 battles

Hmm, the Boise has been a ton of fun.  Okhotknik is is a party boat, then the Guilio Cesare!!  Touchy Banana!!!  And last but not least Abruzzi and her sea mines.  

[13CLM]
Members
311 posts
1,986 battles

Graf Spree, this ship is very fun for me. When ever I need a break from grinding, she is my go to ship.

[4HIM]
Members
2,304 posts
6,924 battles
7 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Okhotnik is my go to Blyatmobile.

Love the Viking long boat.  Bait a BB into firing, then charge it and unload the schools of death fish.  

The Clubson can also be fun at times.  Still go play the Texas from time to time.  And the Touchy Banana is fun to play for a break.  The St. Louis and Varyag are also low tier fun boats.

Edited by ZARDOZ_II

[SPTR]
Members
20,147 posts
6,044 battles

Other than Premiums (credit grinding+Training) and T10s, none. Maybe Clemson, but she is more a port queen of former glory than anything else. 

I'd say "Please stop playing Orion" but she is nerfed, so I will reserve my opinion for now.

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
462 posts
4,645 battles

My one and only purchased prem. Sharnhorst,  lots of fun brawling with a full secondary build. 

[O_O]
Members
5,104 posts
11,451 battles

Akizuki.  Her guns are fun to abuse other DD's with, especially if IFHE equipped.

Arizona.  A real tank, and wicked accurate main guns for tier 6.

Scharnhorst.  One of the nastiest cruisers in the game.  Yeah, I said cruiser.

Belfast.  And I don't feel guilty about it.  The ultimate DD hunter.

Edited by desmo_2

[ARGSY]
Members
10,914 posts
7,074 battles

You ask this question at an interesting time for me. I'm currently concentrating on a 19 point captain grind, so my "grind boats" are the ships that can take her, and for obvious reasons all but one of them are premiums. The tech tree ship, Edinburgh, I have already ground out once and have 90K on the second time around. That makes everything else a fun boat, but right now I'd say:

Ishizuchi - I often don't do well in her, but for some reason she's just a lot of fun. Sort of like a baby Amagi with 12 inch guns and tier-appropriate AA.

Scharnhorst - shiny-new and not much used yet, because of the UK captain grind, but she's interesting and challenging. I expect her to get a lot more play once this grind is done.

Varyag - give her a captain with BFT and AFT, go into co-op, charge enemy destroyers and CLs and let the secondaries roar.

Mikasa - stupidly inaccurate but glorious co-op fun.

[-RNG-]
Members
260 posts
5,710 battles

Its been said & echoed so there must be something to it. Okhoknik & Boise are my favs to take out for some fun. They are both brutal when top tier but still enjoyable when bottom. 

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,500 posts
15,426 battles

I never found grinding an ordeal at all! I started long ago with WoT and WoWP and then WoWs when I had sufficient disposable income and naught to spend it on. I didn't find out until buying my first premium tank would label me a Wallet Warrior but no bother there since I thought that is what you are supposed to do! Right now I enjoy my CVs in co op and I feel like advancing from IJN BB tier 6 or IJN CV tier 6 for now.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,064 posts
5,836 battles

giulio,alabama,nueve de julio,okhotnik,okt rev,charles martel and if i had time to grind,i would play lyon.

i would play duca but i didn't buy her because speed and looks alone don't make a good ship in my opinion,the torps are slow and the guns suck.

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

I like my Gremmy when I just want to fly around and not think too hard about the game.

If you're top tier, golden. If youre seeing radar it doesn't matter, so bottom is fine too.

Clemson is always a nice ship to pull you out of a bad run.

• Cool 1

[SF-A]
Members
3,020 posts
6,414 battles

Nelson is the undisputed queen of my port, although she doesn't stay there often. I just broke half a million XP in her, and the gameplay is fun regardless of tier.

Other than that, T6-10 Russian and French cruisers seem to be my forte. I like anything T8 and German, and anything T6 for operations is a go-to.

Edited by pewpewpew42

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,760 posts
15,957 battles

Any of the Kami sisters.

[SPTR]
Members
3,590 posts
6,518 battles

Kutuzov, North Carolina, Amagi, Bismarck, Farragut, Bayern, Gneisenau, Kongo(s), Myoko(s) and my beloved Fuso are amongst the ships that I play to get my adrenaline going, while keeping my awareness sharp if I ended up on the bottom of the team list.

But when it comes to pure pure sadistic fun, Giulio Caesare, Belfast, Shinonome, Normandie and Clemson always deliver.

• Cool 1

Members
381 posts
3,998 battles

St Louis, Nurnberg, Graf Spee, and Scharnhorst.

Used to include the Pensacola (before it was down tiered), Cleveland (before it was up tiered) and Hermelin (before the Black Swan came along.)  Note:  I'm not saying these are not fun/good now, just that I don't play them as much as I did before the changes.

Edited by 1dennistt
Additional info

[CIAO]
[CIAO]
Members
532 posts
21,993 battles

Konigsberg. Love the guns. She's not quite as fun with the current MM, but can still can hold her own.  

• Cool 2