You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Shiboushaa

Torpedo traveling through island

7 comments in this topic

[BRAIN]
Members
2 posts

I was playing on Tears of the Desert and my captain announced a torpedo. Looking around I saw none, but I knew a DD was on the other side of the island, so I figured that some torpedos must have been over there. Seconds later, about .5km ahead of me pops out a single red torpedo that just comes out of the island and just keeps going on by. I attached a picture of the island in question. The torpedo was headed NE at maybe 300 degrees. 

download.jpg

[ZR]
Members
984 posts
12,146 battles

Its a bug that happens every so often.  The torp cant hit anything and will just keep going right off the map.  

Pretty funny to watch people dodge it.

[FAE]
Members
2,338 posts
2,886 battles

ABOUT TIME. 

I mean, radar goes through. Why not? =) 

Community Department
2,590 posts
771 battles
1 hour ago, Shiboushaa said:

I was playing on Tears of the Desert and my captain announced a torpedo. Looking around I saw none, but I knew a DD was on the other side of the island, so I figured that some torpedos must have been over there. Seconds later, about .5km ahead of me pops out a single red torpedo that just comes out of the island and just keeps going on by. I attached a picture of the island in question. The torpedo was headed NE at maybe 300 degrees. 

download.jpg

Do you have any mods installed? Do you have replay? 
The last requests that were on this issue - were not confirmed - because torpedoes usually launched invisible (for example, the air group) and the player thought that they were thrown from behind the island. But there were some issues with icebergs. 

[PAT]
Members
1,643 posts
3,695 battles

It's the mythical ghost torpedo. Its the spirit of the Shimakaze's old 20km torpedoes. Now, when a ship fires torpedoes, the ghost torpedo will possess one, and it continues indefinitely.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,734 posts
15,946 battles

This is not the first time this issue has been brought to the Forum, but it is the first time someone has included visual aids, LOL!