Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Dear god I'm getting the Conqueror!

17 comments in this topic

Members
339 posts
7,073 battles

Finally got the free xp to get it but my question is I didn't really like playing the Lion mainly because its seemed like the AP on it was still very underwhelming compared to other nations does the Conq finally have good AP for a RN BB? I"ve heard that it is on par with other tier 10's is that correct or even close? Also, I'm assuming choosing the 457's is very uncommon because even though you get an insane 63% fire chance with them you lose 4 guns. So in the end you still can't overmatch 32 mm armor and 4 less guns is not worth having a 15% increase in fire chance. just would like to hear others opinions. TIA

[SYN]
Members
15,331 posts
12,175 battles

Lion's 419mm are the same guns as conkek, they hit quite well, in fact, they have quite a lot of hitting power, but have a shorter fuse, which underwhelming against spaced armor schemes.

Yes, the 457mm still can't overmatch 32mm and if you can't overmatch you fire HE

Conkek has bad accuracy, so having 4 less guns doesn't help with flinging shells.

https://mustanghx.github.io/ship_ap_calculator/

Edited by MrDeaf
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,286 posts
5,846 battles

The Lion in every respect is just an inferior version of the Conqueror even more so than the comparison of the Musashi and the Yamato in what you get out of it.

The 457s only overmatch a select armor thickness (30mm) on certain ships just like how the Republique can overmatch select armor thickness on certain ships. I personally like the 457s because the AP rounds on those hit harder and seem to be more reliable than the 419mm AP rounds.

[LHG]
Members
1,522 posts
6,086 battles

Conqueror is Lion with an extra turret. There's no change in gameplay from what you know now in the Lion.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,765 posts
18,135 battles

Same guns as Lion-419.  Pretend the awful 457s don't exist.  They don't shoot faster and they definitely don't feel accurate enough for going down to 8 rifles.  The only thing they got over the 419s are thicker turret faces.

You need ASM1 as it's mandatory.  Without it your dispersion is awful.  With ASM1 you can get those occasional, big multi-hit salvos that p*ss people off.  When you land 6 HE shell hits +2 fires at range, you can tell someone mashed their keyboard as a result.  Without ASM1, your shots will scatter all over the place.  Of all the BBs I've played, up to Tier X in every one of them, Conqueror is the biggest night and day difference with or without ASM1.

Be very careful how far up you push.  You want enough distance so that if things get real stupid, you can simply disappear.  Especially if fires are raging on you, which worsens your detection range.  Conqueror can tank a bunch of damage but only for so long, and if your Repair Party is on CD, that capability is greatly diminished.

[YORHA]
Members
4,145 posts
7,150 battles

She is a great area denial ship.  Properly angled she can hold an entire flank by herself.

You will run into people suffering from CDS (Conqueror Derangement Syndrome).  Ignore them.  They are usually the same people that think that Shimas spamming endless walls of skill is perfectly fine, but a ship that can accomplish the same thing using it's guns is OP.

She is the perfect solution to BBs that  snug up to an island, angle bow on and spam AP at everything that moves.  A few volleys of HE and they learn the error of their ways. 

Don't bother with the 457s  and enjoy the ship.

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
5,784 posts
9,443 battles

I'm using my dragon and biggest XP flags on Monarch to get to Lion, but yeah, Monarch is underwhelming even w/ ASM1 per others' replies here. Doesn't the accuracy get any better at Lion and Conqueror? It's rather frustrating in any BB to get a juicy broadside, fire, and the AP goes everywhere but the citadel!

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles

I’ve heard from good players that the 457 have arguably some of the best AP in the game (penetration & damage wise) despite lacking the ability to overmatch 32mm bows. However, losing 4 guns does hurt her DPM and hit percentage per salvo. That’s why the 419s are superior. 

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
560 posts
12,463 battles

Congrats Conq is a ton of fun to play! Enjoy!

[WOLF3]
Members
19,765 posts
18,135 battles
5 hours ago, SavageTactical said:

I’ve heard from good players that the 457 have arguably some of the best AP in the game (penetration & damage wise) despite lacking the ability to overmatch 32mm bows. However, losing 4 guns does hurt her DPM and hit percentage per salvo. That’s why the 419s are superior. 

The 457 shells themselves are okay, even without the 460mm LOLPEN / Overmatch superiority.  The problem is the means of delivering them are sh*t.  Too unreliable.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Sign in to follow this