You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LadyJess

Game Balance

22 comments in this topic

[SIM]
Members
1,503 posts

So WG where is the game balance . Ship tiers mean little. One side is stacked with top players. FIX THIS crap.

shot-18.08.05_19.17.51-0784.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,734 posts
15,946 battles

Jess you have played long enough to know that MM takes no notice what-so-ever of any skills into account when it makes up teams. You got hosed by MM on ONE match by 2 divisions of kick-[edited]players; it sux but it's only one game.

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
3,589 posts
6,518 battles

That happens about as often as you detonates in your BB...

Better luck next time!

Members
102 posts
8,818 battles
7 hours ago, LadyJess said:

So WG where is the game balance . Ship tiers mean little. One side is stacked with top players. FIX THIS crap.

That's not even that stacked of a team, honestly.  If Wg is going to "fix" that they also have to look at not putting all the potatoes on the same team as well.  Having one team with all the bad DD players throws a match out of balance much faster than having a few more good players on one team, for example.

Members
46 posts
8,970 battles
16 hours ago, LadyJess said:

Most of these stat padding divs live at tier 10. Play tier 4-7 and you will see this far less often. The matches tend to be

much higher quality as well. Trust me, buy a few mid tier tier premiums if you need to and start enjoying the game again.

[O7]
Members
599 posts
14,499 battles
4 minutes ago, Briyno said:

Most of these stat padding divs live at tier 10. Play tier 4-7 and you will see this far less often. The matches tend to be

much higher quality as well. Trust me, buy a few mid tier tier premiums if you need to and start enjoying the game again.

"Stat padding divs" aka three clan members that enjoy playing together.

Members
46 posts
8,970 battles
44 minutes ago, bfk_ferlyfe said:

"Stat padding divs" aka three clan members that enjoy playing together.

You do you. I’ve done it as well. All I was sayin is if you solo and want to get away from what the OP is upset about, mid tier is the place to be. 

No need to get upset about the term, it is what it is dont be ashamed of it. You work hard for those stats be proud of them.

I think stat padding div is an accurate term, that’s exactly what is going on and that’s completely fine. For some people thats what keeps the game interesting. No need to deny it since you aren’t doing anything wrong.

Edited by Briyno

[WOLFG]
Members
4,741 posts
2,655 battles

Yeah, that's a div.

So's a three pink destroyer div in tier II coop.

When you spend most of your game avoiding them, its hard to work on skills.

[O7]
Members
599 posts
14,499 battles
38 minutes ago, Briyno said:

You do you. I’ve done it as well. All I was sayin is if you solo and want to get away from what the OP is upset about, mid tier is the place to be. 

No need to get upset about the term, it is what it is dont be ashamed of it. You work hard for those stats be proud of them.

I think stat padding div is an accurate term, that’s exactly what is going on and that’s completely fine. For some people thats what keeps the game interesting. No need to deny it since you aren’t doing anything wrong.

I'm not upset with your post.  Just curious as to why three clan mates can't just play together and not be considered "Stat padders"  

[HATE]
[HATE]
Members
138 posts
11,631 battles

I remember saying that it was unfair that our team's top players were rank 1... I'm sorry. Its not that its me and my friends did it on purpose.

[HATE]
Members
178 posts
11,319 battles

what about the teir X cv matches with 32k ave dmg......and the other cv 2300wtr. if mm needs fixing it needs to have a requirement for cv's to be in randoms. youcant just suck and cause your team to lose .

Members
448 posts
7,474 battles

I see these threads all the time, so let me repeat:

There is no skill-based MM in WOWS. Stop expecting one and you will have a much better experience here.

Sometimes you get the good teams, sometimes you get the bad teams.

Not to mention instituting a skill-based MM would COMPLETELY change the game and player experience on multiple levels, i.e. say hello to everyone in the game having a 50% winrate.

[CVA16]
Members
3,220 posts
11,236 battles

I have noticed that MOST of the time when there is a steam-roll stomp, the out come of the battle was never in doubt based on the ranks of the players on each team shown only in the POST battle team screen. WG should at least try to have MM use some sort of player rating as an additional factor in balancing the teams. Divs can screw this a bit but in this case, MM could have moved one of the divisions to the other team. CV player quality has the biggest influence and there is no way to account for AFK ships but it couldn't be that hard to add an additional step to MM after it has collected the ships it wants to put into a given battle.

[-BRS-]
Members
516 posts
22,209 battles

I always target the Divs first. I look at them as the biggest threat, especially if they are the same clan since they will probably be on comms with Discord or Teamspeak. Generally, they are like Cockroaches, once you kill one the other two tend to scatter. Always kill the biggest Coach Roach first. 

Beta Testers
1 post
4,939 battles

Just put your try hard pants on and do your best in games regardless of who your facing (I actually rather face stronger opponents tbh because when I get outplayed I can look for where I did wrong and where I can improve)  and get better at the game and eventually you'll have better winrates. Remember, your skill level and knowledge of the game is proportional to the amount of games and the amount of effort you put into it. Instead of expecting something technical to help you get better games and winrates, how about getting better at the game yourself in your own efforts? Lets all face reality here, MM problem has been a thing in WOT and WOWS  ever since they came out and you expect WG to fix it quick-like? I don't think so, if you can't deal with it, don't play, otherwise just suck it up cuz your not the only one suffering.

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
3,117 posts
4,527 battles

Instead of hoping you get good players on your team to carry you why not get gud and then you're certain to have a good player on your team.

[1IF]
Members
101 posts
3,410 battles
35 minutes ago, LadyJess said:

Still not balanced

shot-18.08.11_14.32.33-0809.jpg

Could've been worse.  Could've been a 3 Belfast division.

Beta Testers
1,221 posts
7,556 battles
On 8/6/2018 at 1:23 AM, LadyJess said:

Random MM, you're just as likely to get top clans on your team as against you. I just look at it as a challenge. It gets boring clubbing on bads constantly, so I enjoy duking it out with someone who knows what they're doing.

[OBS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
178 posts
8,649 battles

If you got better you wouldn't need to deal with this issue.