You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Go4U

Captain Elite? Specials skills!

16 comments in this topic

[PIOJO]
Members
88 posts
9,943 battles

Hi! I wonder how I got this special Captain...
I don't remember...
Switching time -75%...
and the other skill with the green square with plus sign, also "more" than the regular skills.

Screenshot_18.thumb.png.c7be55d1e736b865019fcaf2e27828c8.png

• But more important than this is how can I get another one?

Does anybody knows the answer?
Thank you!

[WOLF6]
Members
767 posts
4,879 battles

You missed the sale on his brother George Doe several weeks ago.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,168 battles

Steven Segal was the first special Captain he was acquired by completing a certain mission, so long ago don’t remember what it was about 

Steven had a falling out with Wows so they axed him turning the Captain into John Doe .. same special skills

• Cool 1

[PIOJO]
Members
88 posts
9,943 battles
15 hours ago, HeathenForay said:

What's with the skill choices? :O

I didn't understand your question...

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles

Steven Segal got fired.

Doe is the new guy.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,273 posts
10,767 battles
11 hours ago, Go4U said:

I didn't understand your question...

Why on earth did you pick the skills you did?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
899 posts
7,016 battles
5 hours ago, HazardDrake said:

Why on earth did you pick the skills you did?

Yeah I'm genuinely curious....I've seen more useless captain builds done just for a joke, but that's about it lol

• Funny 1

[PIOJO]
Members
88 posts
9,943 battles
10 hours ago, HeathenForay said:

Yeah I'm genuinely curious....I've seen more useless captain builds done just for a joke, but that's about it lol

Why? I dont know! Seriously! Seemed useful that configuration. But I can change if you give me a better configuration. I can spent dobloons to fix it. Its not an irony. Im not so good. Thank you!

[PVE]
Members
14,981 posts
9,575 battles
8 minutes ago, Go4U said:

Why? I dont know! Seriously! Seemed useful that configuration. But I can change if you give me a better configuration. I can spent dobloons to fix it. Its not an irony. Im not so good. Thank you!

I would go with the following for Omaha for a 9 point captain build.

Offensive build

Priority Target (PT) so you know when someone is targetting you. Adrenaline Rush (AR) to get faster guns as you get damaged. Demolition Expert (DE) to set more fires. Save the last 3 points to add to the 10th point to get Concealment Expert (CE) which is the right most bottom skill in the pic.

JvQ7MIz.jpg

For  defensive build, swap out Last Stand (LS) for AR. That way you can steer and drive when your steering or engine are hit.

3jV2W22.jpg

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc

Members
760 posts
7,362 battles
1 hour ago, Go4U said:

I got Steven Seagall (now John Doe) when he was awarded for some mission or other - and ran him up the US cruiser line to Des Moines.

He has a couple of advantages - the shell switch and quicker turret traverse - and I found both to be more useful on the heavy cruiser line, than the light, as the light cruisers already have fairly quick turrets and reload.

Word to the wise, though - you have to select the skill to gain the advantage of it.

My Capt Doe is at 19 points, and this is where I took him.

John Doe at 19 points

He was for sale in the shop, for a bit - I'm sure he will pop up there again.

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
899 posts
7,016 battles
13 hours ago, Go4U said:

lol fair enough. It's a fair assumption that someone with your number of games could have a better understanding of captain skills. Follow the recommended build above.

Follow the natural progress up to 10 points, your ultimate goal being concealment expert. Once this is achieved you have more flexibility in choosing skills to suit your play style.

If this captain will continue from ship to ship all the way to tier 10 on the USN light cruiser line, look up recommended builds for that and that will help you decide what to take. There's a million threads/videos out there already so there's absolutely nothing useful I can add.

My recommendation is you level another captain for light cruisers while you're still at a low tier where not having key skills isn't as punishing and put John Doe on heavy cruisers. You will get the most use of his special abilities that way.

Cheers :)