You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Don't form an opinion on that low-tier CV...

18 comments in this topic

Members
5,354 posts
3,205 battles

Well yeah, high tier CVs are so broken they do fine against ships two tiers higher than them so long as they aren't complete AA powerhourses, even then you just lose a few planes. That's why everyone hates tier IX and X CVs, they're pure cancer.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4

[NG-NL]
Members
5,791 posts
9,443 battles

I remember being that patient in Shokaku while grinding her. It was very satisfying to do well when uptiered back then.

Besides, the players then and now whining about "op CV" are often the ones that yolo off, die to well-placed manual strikes, then start whining instead of asking "what did I do wrong?"

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,777 posts
10,986 battles

This says more about that players ability with CV's than about the low tier ship being able to do well because of how poorly they scale.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
1,711 posts
17,330 battles

I'm thinking the other side may have had grounds to complain about their low tier CV. :cap_cool: Nice match though

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,777 posts
10,986 battles
49 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

I'm thinking the other side may have had grounds to complain about their low tier CV. :cap_cool: Nice match though

Snarf is naming & faming but if you look at the CV players stats he isn't playing like someone with only 91 random & 6 co-op matches.

[PSP]
Members
8,209 posts

What caught my eye more than anything was the fact that, but for the CVs, every other ship in the match was tier X. I'm not sure I've ever seen a Random match with all tier Xs before. One would think that, facing a bunch of tier Xs, a tier X CV, especially a Lexington, would not fare so well. However this guy sure was good, re-roll or not.

Edited by Snargfargle

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,777 posts
10,986 battles
12 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

What caught my eye more than anything was the fact that, but for the CVs, every other ship in the match was tier X. I'm not sure I've ever seen a Random match with all tier Xs before. One would think that, facing a bunch of tier Xs, a tier X CV, especially a Lexington, would not fare so well. However this guy sure was good, re-roll or not.

Que dump.

[YORHA]
Members
4,149 posts
7,159 battles
10 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

before you first see what he can do.

shot-18_08.05_21_28.00-0337.jpg.4197e447b6125ac67994211ee2128aa0.jpg

Re-roll. 

Lowest life form in gaming.

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,777 posts
10,986 battles
1 hour ago, JCC45 said:

Re-roll. 

Lowest life form in gaming.

The real question is why. This isn't a reroll to seal club the low tiers as he is already to tier 8 so that leaves EU or even an RU player testing the NA waters or someone that got themselves banned for something, inquiring minds.

[YORHA]
Members
4,149 posts
7,159 battles
7 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The real question is why. This isn't a reroll to seal club the low tiers as he is already to tier 8 so that leaves EU or even an RU player testing the NA waters or someone that got themselves banned for something, inquiring minds.

It is also a way to wipe out all the the scrub games you had while learning the mechanics so you can look like a superstar from the git go.

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,777 posts
10,986 battles
2 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

It is also a way to wipe out all the the scrub games you had while learning the mechanics so you can look like a superstar from the git go.

Damn, I forgot about that, not enough coffee yet. :Smile_facepalm: I don't understand that myself and if I had a sudden strike of brilliance and started playing even as well as I did a year or so ago, I was over 53% for a good 3 months, I would rather keep the bad stats to fly under the radar so to speak.

[AK-47]
Members
210 posts
4,293 battles

I don't play CV at all but I do feel bad when I going against a CV. Could because I play mostly BBs and sometimes having fun with my low tier DDs, CVs are really hard to go against. The only thing I can do usually is stick with my team and hoping the CV won't drop me while I am angling my ship against incoming shells.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,914 posts
7,074 battles
5 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

TBH I first read this as low-tier CV, and it would've been more properly named under-tiered.

Or "bottom-tiered". Yeah, agree - I thought we were going to see Kraken-plus performance in a Bogue vs. T6 opposition, or something like that.