You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

We won this

40 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
20,705 posts
14,133 battles

nlU0Ymt.jpg

Seems that between reaching 1000 points and the match actually stopping there is a fraction of a second where play continues. And it was in this fraction of a second that our intrepid leader, the last remaining ship on our team, @Doomlock, got killed. The victory still counted though, much to our confusion, yet pleasant surprise.

Doesn't get much closer than this.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
20,512 posts
20,327 battles

The enemy team must have been spitting nails!  Good job, Lert!  :cap_like:

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,860 posts
8,915 battles
38 minutes ago, Lert said:

nlU0Ymt.jpg

Seems that between reaching 1000 points and the match actually stopping there is a fraction of a second where play continues. And it was in this fraction of a second that our intrepid leader, the last remaining ship on our team, @Doomlock, got killed. The victory still counted though, much to our confusion, yet pleasant surprise.

Doesn't get much closer than this.

this near about gave me a heart attack it was so close. and im only 22

[5D]
Members
2,713 posts
16,231 battles

We had this happen last season to us as well and we were playing one of our other sub-clans...lol

Man they were pretty pissed thinking they had won and got screwed over by WG until we showed them the replay.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,005 posts
7,636 battles

At least it doesnt hurt like hell when you lose 999 to 1000 in CB... lol its pretty damn frustrating

Edited by KAGA_kaini

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,299 posts
14,422 battles

If it was any other CAT I would demand a victory screenshot for proof, but I have learned not to doubt those eyes....

[RKLES]
Members
8,959 posts
10,828 battles

My Clan just had close call as well were we hit 1000 points and enemy was at 998. That was crazy match in which enemy clan was supposed to be a good no, and yet if was easy fro my Yamato to really stack up Damage, until I hit 111,827 and then git detonated!?

Near end after bases had been wildly exchanging hands, we had a half dead cruiser and a Gearing with one of his Torp launchers destroyed making a stealthy dash for enemy base to get a cap / slow enemy point counter. Enemy has 4 ships left that were also beaten up. Let me tell you though that trip up to other base was just about giving us heart attacking watching since we knew it would be extremely close and if anyone died it would be over as well.

[POP]
Members
1,539 posts
17,364 battles
23 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

My Clan just had close call as well were we hit 1000 points and enemy was at 998. That was crazy match in which enemy clan was supposed to be a good no, and yet if was easy fro my Yamato to really stack up Damage, until I hit 111,827 and then git detonated!?

Near end after bases had been wildly exchanging hands, we had a half dead cruiser and a Gearing with one of his Torp launchers destroyed making a stealthy dash for enemy base to get a cap / slow enemy point counter. Enemy has 4 ships left that were also beaten up. Let me tell you though that trip up to other base was just about giving us heart attacking watching since we knew it would be extremely close and if anyone died it would be over as well.

I was in that game it went down to the wire your last 2 ships stayed undetected until the end and had you started capping say 3 seconds later it might well have been a draw.

I only recognized your name and @dEsTurbed1 after the game was underway and a couple of our guys also recognized your clan the first thing that came to my mind after reading the names and clan we were up against I thought this is going to be a real tough battle I was not expecting our team to get that close to you guys, don't get me wrong we have some really good players and we do quite well but I was certainly not confident, to be honest it thought we might have gotten steam rolled but both our teams really did well.

Congrats on winning, nobody likes losing but I really wish we had random battles like that instead of the 1 sided wipe outs that occur on regular basis.

regards

P.S. where do I send the salvage bill for the sinking of my Hindenburg, who is the quartermaster at your clan :Smile_honoring:

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 2

[RKLES]
Members
8,959 posts
10,828 battles
2 minutes ago, tm63au said:

I was in that game it went down to the wire your last 2 ships stayed undetected until the end and had you started capping say 3 seconds later it might well have been a draw.

I only recognized your name and @dEsTurbed1 after the game was underway and a couple of our guys also recognized your clan the first thing that came to my mind after reading the names and clan we were up against I thought this is going to be a real tough battle I was not expecting our team to get that close to you guys, don't get me wrong we have some really good players and we do quite well but I was certainly not confident, to be honest it thought we might have gotten steam rolled but both our teams really did well.

Congrats on winning, nobody likes losing but I really wish we had random battles like that instead of the 1 sided wipe outs that occur on regular basis.

regards

Yes that was unbelievablely close match and a wild one. Any chance any of your guys got a replay they could post on Forum or YouTube? Because that match was just insane enough to be writhing seeing again.

I still can’t believe my Yamato got detonated p, if I had slipped away successfully for a moment or so and healed up I might have made it far less close because of your cruisers getting caught in a cross fire and taking heavy hits from my 18.1’ Guns. But then again it would not have been so exciting if I had not detonated lol.

• Cool 2

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
4,299 posts
14,422 battles
11 hours ago, tm63au said:

regards

P.S. where do I send the salvage bill for the sinking of my Hindenburg, who is the quartermaster at your clan :Smile_honoring:

Out of 10k battles, this was by far the best and most exciting battle I have  ever had.

I saw the POP clan tag and told the guys this is going to be a rough one...

My God it could have gone either way.

If your Shinny had lived it would be game over...

Congrats to a well fight match.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,722 posts
7,023 battles
14 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

We had this happen last season to us as well and we were playing one of our other sub-clans...lol

Was this the one that earned itself a lengthy post arguing the mechanics of ship death vs counter topping out and game ending, because it was 999 when the ship blew up and then the uptick came, or something like that?

Seems that ticking over the thousand protects you from losing points for ship destruction.

[5D]
Members
2,713 posts
16,231 battles
6 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Was this the one that earned itself a lengthy post arguing the mechanics of ship death vs counter topping out and game ending, because it was 999 when the ship blew up and then the uptick came, or something like that?

Seems that ticking over the thousand protects you from losing points for ship destruction.

That was another clan that posted that thread but I recall commenting with the same response above in that one too.

And yes once the points hit 1000 it doesn't matter what happens in that 1-2 seconds the game runs after a win condition is met. The game is over immediately once a win condition occurs even if the in game points counter moves. If WG changed it so the score was fixed immediately once it hits 1000 then it would be less of an issue IMO.

[PLPT]
Members
939 posts
8,364 battles
20 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

until I hit 111,827 and then git detonated!?

Juliet Charlie is the FIRST signal you should fly on every ship in Clan Battles.  No sympathy here. 

[RKLES]
Members
8,959 posts
10,828 battles
1 minute ago, n00bot said:

Juliet Charlie is the FIRST signal you should fly on every ship in Clan Battles.  No sympathy here. 

I run that Signal Flag every Clan Battle and every Ranked battle and get Signal flags out of daily crates pretty to try to keep supplies up. Even with that Juliet Charlie Flag I got taken out, but it was on par for how wild that battle was lol. And I had gotten many solid hits in before that happened so it was ok.

[RKLES]
Members
8,959 posts
10,828 battles
8 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Out of 10k battles, this was by far the best and most exciting battle I have  ever had.

I saw the POP clan tag and told the guys this is going to be a rough one...

My God it could have gone either way.

If your Shinny had lived it would be game over...

Congrats to a well fight match.

Yeah the end dash if we made a YouTube vid of the battle we would have to have Chariots of Fire song for the finale lol.

• Boring 1

[HINON]
Members
10,772 posts
36 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I run that Signal Flag every Clan Battle and every Ranked battle and get Signal flags out of daily crates pretty to try to keep supplies up. Even with that Juliet Charlie Flag I got taken out, but it was on par for how wild that battle was lol. And I had gotten many solid hits in before that happened so it was ok.

If you were running the flag you did not detonate.

[RKLES]
Members
8,959 posts
10,828 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

I had witnesses that said I detonated in Clan Battle and I did have my full spread of combat Signal flags mounted.

[HINON]
Members
10,772 posts
40 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I had witnesses that said I detonated in Clan Battle and I did have my full spread of combat Signal flags mounted.

Please provide a replay and get it to @LittleWhiteMouse as this has never been documented in all the years it has been claimed. If true, we have a bug on our hands. The flag multiplies the chance to detonate by 0 which means no matter what you should not be able to detonate regardless of what other modifiers are applied.

Edited by RipNuN2

[RKLES]
Members
8,959 posts
10,828 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

Please provide a replay and get it to @LittleWhiteMouse as this has never been documented in all the years it has been claimed. 

I did not get a replay, but heard a guy on enemy team nearby likely was recording and working on trying to get it from him. Game has been buggy enough in Randoms that I would not dare try recording. Although interstingly enough game is very stable in Clan Battles. Also checking with my clan to see if they got replay, trouble with clan battles is they do not have the awards like Randoms or Ranked so if you get double strike or detonation it never says anything. Only reason witnesses say I detonated was the damaged taken out of me from a hit.

[HINON]
Members
10,772 posts
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I did not get a replay, but heard a guy on enemy team nearby likely was recording and working on trying to get it from him. Game has been buggy enough in Randoms that I would not dare try recording. Although interstingly enough game is very stable in Clan Battles. Also checking with my clan to see if they got replay, trouble with clan battles is they do not have the awards like Randoms or Ranked so if you get double strike or detonation it never says anything. Only reason witnesses say I detonated was the damaged taken out of me from a hit.

Well you were in the Yammy which isnt that hard to citadel if you get the right angle on her.

[RKLES]
Members
8,959 posts
10,828 battles
7 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Well you were in the Yammy which isnt that hard to citadel if you get the right angle on her.

Yeah and I am very well aware of how to do so and how to prevent it. And last I checked cruiser HE does not pen Yammy citadel especially when angled properly. Far more suspicious about the Torp to the stern I took, because lone Torp hits are often the culprit for the rare BB detonations I sometimes receive. ( Anti Det flags are reserved for Ranked or Clan Battles)

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
4,299 posts
14,422 battles
2 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

I saw the kill feed above mini map, he was detonated... and after eating 7 or 8 shimmy torps.

I can only assume the hp pool of that magazine was near zero and the shell fire did indeed detonate him.