You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Movies teach us how to brawl

5 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
8,965 posts
10,828 battles

Got thinking about how people have so much trouble with getting close and brawling with all weapons blazing at close range, so went to Youtube and found some clips there that show how it can be a lot of fun lol. ( and yes my WOWs battles often end up in duels like these.) Actually some Star Wars scenes and many of the Pirates of the Carribean battles are great examples of how to brawl.

So now that you have the general idea of how to brawl with secondary guns, have fun.  ( be sure to hoist a Pirate Flag as well, adds to the experience of giving broadsides quite nicely) You don’t get this kind of fun if you just do long range camping.

• Cool 3

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,171 posts
4,934 battles

See, that last clip is exactly why I hesitate to take manual secondaries. I don't want to be caught between two ships and only able to shoot at one.

[SOUP]
Privateers, Modder
8,325 posts

That first clip only really teaches me not to try using an elevator when I'm carrying an unconscious Chancellor on my back.  (Ya hear that, Merkel? I ain't haulin' you around! You've got your own legs to carry you!)

The other day I went toe to toe with a Montana in my Republique. He came out on top due to a nice broadside he pumped into my flank but for a good 30-45 seconds we were under 500m from each other, parallel course and turning each other's decks into a desolate nuclear wasteland

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,171 posts
4,934 battles

I'm still very proud that the other day I nearly outbrawled a Missouri in a half-health Roma. It was a tight, close-range turning battle where I had juuuuust the right angle to keep my bow armor pointed at him while still keeping his angle shallow enough to land citadels. There's a moral to this story kids: Don't try to outturn a Roma in a tier 9 BB.

• Cool 1

[STW-M]
Members
3,079 posts
7,288 battles

Ugh, apparently I'm terrible at brawling, or at least on getting citadels at close range.

Yes, I turn my guns in advance and aim at the waterline, but I wonder if I'm aiming at the wrong section of the ship (usually, I aim at the direct middle of the ship; should I aim beneath the 2nd turret instead?)

3 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

That first clip only really teaches me not to try using an elevator when I'm carrying an unconscious Chancellor on my back

Apparently, there was a communication error amongst the Republic ships during the battle that led them to mistakenly believe that the chancellor was already rescued and off the ship. So they basically managed to nearly kill not only Anakin and Obi-Wan, but also their own leader.

3 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

The other day I went toe to toe with a Montana in my Republique. He came out on top due to a nice broadside he pumped into my flank but for a good 30-45 seconds we were under 500m from each other, parallel course and turning each other's decks into a desolate nuclear wasteland

I tried doing that with a Missouri once, unfortunately I only managed to land a large number of AP penetrations for about 20k (after having already done 40k damage to him before). He, on the other hand, deleted me from 31k health to 0 at 0.5 km range, so he probably managed to get at least one citadel..