You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
khazz_1

dd'S IN CLAN BATTLE

30 comments in this topic

[1NJS]
Members
28 posts
1,898 battles

This is just my opinion but in clan battles we should not be able to run all DD's especially shimmies. I know it is perfectly legal but it is still crap. What are your thoughts on this ?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,770 posts
10,986 battles

It is an all or nothing gambit and it only works when you have seven really good Shimakaze players.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,726 posts
14,156 battles

You know, I'm a designated cruiser driver. I think BBs should be outlawed in clan wars. What are your thoughts on this, OP?

• Cool 2

[1NJS]
Members
28 posts
1,898 battles

I am  fine with  having only one BB in clan battle, mainly due to how well we do is RNG dependent and every good team needs at lest one bb . Now all Shimmies that is a different story :)

[AAA]
Members
502 posts
8,192 battles
8 minutes ago, Lert said:

You know, I'm a designated cruiser driver. I think BBs should be outlawed in clan wars. What are your thoughts on this, OP?

I am sure you didn't read it wrong but OP is salty about someone bringing 7 Shimas into clan battles and they got owned. We played against 7 Shimas last season and the game was over in 5-6 minutes. It was hilarious :D

Also we took a mix of 7 DDs into clan battles this season and no need to tell what happened. But it was fun as the reds were clueless at the beginning :D

[WOLFG]
Members
4,786 posts
2,718 battles
1 minute ago, sansfaille said:

I am sure you didn't read it wrong but OP is salty about someone bringing 7 Shimas into clan battles and they got owned. We played against 7 Shimas last season and the game was over in 5-6 minutes. It was hilarious :D

Also we took a mix of 7 DDs into clan battles this season and no need to tell what happened. But it was fun as the reds were clueless at the beginning :D

That is totally cruel.

(do you have the replay?)

[AAA]
Members
502 posts
8,192 battles
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

That is totally cruel.

(do you have the replay?)

Sorry but I have not enabled replays. Will ask if someone in my clan has it and PM you :)

[HINON]
Supertester
20,726 posts
14,156 battles
4 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

I am sure you didn't read it wrong but OP is salty about someone bringing 7 Shimas into clan battles and they got owned.

That's hilarious. Sounds fun, right up until you run in to a good clan that can counter it.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
11,620 posts

I have an idea! This would solve your issue OP....

Simply have WG change Clan battles to tier 1, and only allow Black swan's....no fuss, no muss, and no unexpected ships....:Smile_teethhappy:

• Angry 1

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
11,365 posts
8,084 battles

The one problem with the 7 shima lineup is that if the team cooperates on their torpedo salvoes it will freeze the game up for the enemy players when all those torps get spotted. It the wakes also mess up the rendering engine when they are all there at the same time. So there are some legitimate issues with 7 shimas, but its not unfair just something WG needs to fix. 

Advice for the OP, when you encounter shimas like that keep in mind that you need to play differently. The ships on your team need to alternate hydro and focus fire on lit shimas. They dont have much HP and die quickly if focused. I assume your bring radar cruisers so you can spot the shimas when they attempt to accomplish anything basically. They are going to attempt to torp out ships with massive torpedo salvoes so keep that in mind and try and keep your bows toward where the salvoes likely will come from.

For those of you making fun of the OP. Shame on you, this game can use all the players it can get. Making fun of people when they obviously need a little education or new ideas just drives people from this game. 

• Cool 2

[TDRB]
Members
2,673 posts
7,699 battles
2 hours ago, khazz_1 said:

This is just my opinion but in clan battles we should not be able to run all DD's especially shimmies. I know it is perfectly legal but it is still crap. What are your thoughts on this ?

The only thing I see as crap is the 7 dd team may roll a boxcar and craps out. Of course they may rall a 7 and take it all, it is a gamble.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,787 posts
9,443 battles

Only Z-52 is a true threat if facing 7 of them, simply because they can put out torps well before your hydro's off CD.

However, 7 Khabs are the most irritating given their hailstorm.

[WOLF2]
Members
3,188 posts
14,844 battles
3 hours ago, khazz_1 said:

Try vs 7 khabas - then you'll really be pissed :)

[SALVO]
Members
20,556 posts
20,417 battles
3 hours ago, khazz_1 said:

I am  fine with  having only one BB in clan battle, mainly due to how well we do is RNG dependent and every good team needs at lest one bb . Now all Shimmies that is a different story :)

If your team can't handle a team full of DDs, you don't deserve to advance.

[SALVO]
Members
20,556 posts
20,417 battles

Honestly, I don't think that "all DD" teams can work in clan battles when you can see that the enemy is bringing 7 DDs before the battle even starts.  if CBs was more like World of Tanks clan wars where there is a fog of war that doesn't let you see what the enemy team has brought, then the all DD team has more of a chance because the other team won't know what to expect and plan ahead.  

When you know that the enemy is running 7 DDs, you can do things differently and counter their expected tactics.

[BWC]
Members
242 posts
11,472 battles

Our clan did this just this last Sat

1 Z-52

3 Gearings to one cap

3 Groz to another cap

Game over in 10 min with the loss of 2 dd's (the Z and 1 Gearing)

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

I only saw a game like this once this season, we were in bravo derping around, so was another clan, they had 6 shimas, 1 yammy, we had a few dds, mino, some cas. It was good fun but the shimas couldn't do anything.

Beta Testers
1,221 posts
7,556 battles
15 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

It is an all or nothing gambit and it only works when you have seven really good Shimakaze players.

There are only 3 good shimakaze players on the NA server. There will be 4 when I get to shima.

[TASH]
Members
5,091 posts
9,545 battles

Everyone has the right to use whatever combination of ships they want to achieve victory.  Evidently you got mad because you weren't prepared for such a thing.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,706 posts
3,895 battles

Someone's team was bad enough to get stomped by a 7-shimakaze team.

I guess it hurts to lose to the worst (or second worst, depending on when you look) ship in tier 10.

Have you tried adapting and overcoming?

Edited by KiyoSenkan

[-SYN-]
Beta Testers
152 posts
5,625 battles
15 hours ago, khazz_1 said:

I play DD in Clan Wars and feel the same way about 6 Radar Ships on the other team.  Can we limit teams to 1 radar?

Extreme ship selections always creates some kind of unbalances but the balanced team can typically over come because there are also typically extreme weakness.  If 7 Shimma were the holy grail, everyone would be running them.  If you want balance put everyone in same ships with same captains and same skills.  Part of the challenge of CW is combining ship and captain abilities and then playing as a team.  It does not seem to me that 7 Shimmas are ruling CW.

Soryu