Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Labedoyere

gearing modified hull ?

9 comments in this topic

[-V1-]
Members
170 posts
6,950 battles

Well..I have one modified hull available. Says a unique upgrade available. Not sure why.....But it is there to access if i want

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,484 posts
5,762 battles
3 minutes ago, Labedoyere said:

Well..I have one modified hull available. Says a unique upgrade available. Not sure why.....But it is there to access if i want

Ah the unique upgrade. IMO it doesn't fit Gearing's build, but it might work with your playstyle.

[FSL-A]
Members
1 post
7,219 battles

Labedoyere, you are correct. There is a modified hull for the gearing, you received it for completing the Personal Combat Mission "Family Matters" I do not know about the hull but I am here was searching for info on it myself, congrats can you tell us what the hull provides, I am close to getting mine, thanks

[CUTER]
Members
2,543 posts
11,431 battles

The special Gearing upgrade is a trap in almost all cases.

Why would you take a boat that is one of the kings at close in fighting due to the very high gun DPM, and knock 30% of that off in exchange for losing a few hundred meters of concealment?

So you can spot Shima at the same time?  Nevermind once you spotted her your effective gun DPM is much closer to the more efficient Shima guns.  Close in fight with a Grozovoy?  Not even close anymore, and fatbote Gearing is too slow to get out of the Grozovoy's way.  Z-52?  Same story.  Zed's DPM is much closer to yours now.

Effectively you take a Gearing, you get Shima concealment without any of the things that makes Shima work, namely her speed, profile, and guns that are good at range.

Gearing is very good at dominating DDs with DPM at sub 7km distance.  Why accept a build that kills one of the strongest aspects of your boat?

Mark me down for a No [edited]Way.  Send back for review WG, this thing is trash.

Edited by Destroyer_KuroshioKai
  • Cool 2

[AFW-]
Members
964 posts
7,323 battles
On 8/18/2018 at 10:04 PM, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

The special Gearing upgrade is a trap in almost all cases.

Why would you take a boat that is one of the kings at close in fighting due to the very high gun DPM, and knock 30% of that off in exchange for losing a few hundred meters of concealment?

So you can spot Shima at the same time?  Nevermind once you spotted her your effective gun DPM is much closer to the more efficient Shima guns.  Close in fight with a Grozovoy?  Not even close anymore, and fatbote Gearing is too slow to get out of the Grozovoy's way.  Z-52?  Same story.  Zed's DPM is much closer to yours now.

Effectively you take a Gearing, you get Shima concealment without any of the things that makes Shima work, namely her speed, profile, and guns that are good at range.

Gearing is very good at dominating DDs with DPM at sub 7km distance.  Why accept a build that kills one of the strongest aspects of your boat?

Mark me down for a No [edited]Way.  Send back for review WG, this thing is trash.

I received mine today, I am baffled myself as to why the [edited] would I need that module anyway.

[CUTER]
Members
2,543 posts
11,431 battles
7 hours ago, zuga_01 said:

I received mine today, I am baffled myself as to why the [edited] would I need that module anyway.

CUTER had me running it part of this CB season.  Everything I pointed out held true and was allowed to drop it after a few weeks.

[AFW-]
Members
964 posts
7,323 battles
On 1/28/2019 at 8:41 PM, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

CUTER had me running it part of this CB season.  Everything I pointed out held true and was allowed to drop it after a few weeks.

Yeah, with the special mod, it is not gearing, its something else.

Sign in to follow this