Sventex

Dumb Question: What is the Arsenal?

32 comments in this topic

[REVY]
Members
6,148 posts
5,158 battles

So I stopped playing the game for a bit because of the radar apocalypse, so I'm rather clueless as to what the arsenal is, what coal does, or how I can even view how much coal I have or how I can spend it.  I click on the new arsenal button at the port and only get a blank screen.  Can someone fill me in about what the Arsenal is?

1W0Wwmh.jpg

[L-H]
Members
82 posts
8,752 battles

The Arsenal is basically an in game shop that you can spend coal, steel and Go-Navy tokens in. I don’t know how to make it load in your place, but if it did. You would be able to see the amount of the special resources you have. You can buy ships, camo, flags, special modules, and certain collection containers in it. There is also a coupon section with certain coupons in it for items to purchase.

Edited by checksix51_2

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,481 posts
15,368 battles

The Arsenal is where you go to buy stuff with the coal you collect!

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,375 posts
3,052 battles

Arsenal is basically a premium shop with no money needed. Instead it uses 2 currencies (soon to be 3 I believe). Coal and Steel. You get steel from ranked and CB seasons, and maybe supercontainers have them. Coal is from missions, steel conversion (10:1), and crates. The coal you start out with is equal to 5 (?) times the oil you have contrubuted to your clan (and all clans before, if any) Steel you start with comes from previous ranked seasons. 

Pro tip: Only buy with coupons. They will refresh each update, and never expire. Sadly they do not stack though. Ship coupons take several updates to reset, but I mean, its a whole premium for free... No complaints

Edited by _1204_

[RKLES]
Members
8,959 posts
10,828 battles

And the coal is gained from crates and missions. Steel on the other hand is only from Clan Battles and Ranked Battles.

Also I have been making it a point to prioritize sinking enemy Radar ships swiftly to help thin out their numbers, and seems to be working.

Members
5,448 posts
6,162 battles

@Sventex Are you running any possibly outdated port mods? When the arsenal first dropped, players were having issues getting it to load. Not using any mods that change the ports seemed to be at least one of the culprits.

[REVY]
Members
6,148 posts
5,158 battles
Just now, GhostSwordsman said:

@Sventex Are you running any possibly outdated port mods? When the arsenal first dropped, players were having issues getting it to load. Not using any mods that change the ports seemed to be at least one of the culprits.

I have some outdated mods, none of them port related.  If anything, they shouldn't be part of the new patch given I have to manually put them into current patch folders which I didn't do because I'm pretty much just picking up the game after having stopped for about a month.

[REVY]
Members
6,148 posts
5,158 battles
1 minute ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Upper left side of the screen, where missions, campaigns, etc are. Right underneath your username.

But the page is blank.

[CUTE]
Supertester
4,123 posts
4,200 battles
3 minutes ago, Sventex said:

I have some outdated mods, none of them port related.  If anything, they shouldn't be part of the new patch given I have to manually put them into current patch folders which I didn't do because I'm pretty much just picking up the game after having stopped for about a month.

Try and remove all your outdated mods anyway

• Cool 2

[REVY]
Members
6,148 posts
5,158 battles
2 minutes ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

Try and remove all your outdated mods anyway

I just cleared out everything but the 0.7.7.0 from the res_mod folder but the arsenal page is still blank.

[CUTE]
Supertester
4,123 posts
4,200 battles
3 minutes ago, Sventex said:

I just cleared out everything but the 0.7.7.0 from the res_mod folder but the arsenal page is still blank.

Clear 0.7.7.0 folder. Also are you doing any region changing by any chance to play on NA?

[REVY]
Members
6,148 posts
5,158 battles
Just now, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

Clear 0.7.7.0 folder. Also are you doing any region changing by any chance to play on NA?

That folder only contains a notepad page that reads "Use this directory for custom game mods."

I think that folder comes standard with the game.

[REVY]
Members
6,148 posts
5,158 battles
12 minutes ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

I tried it anyway, didn't work.

No, I'm playing in the US, on the NA server.

[CUTE]
Supertester
4,123 posts
4,200 battles
Just now, Sventex said:

I tried it anyway, didn't work.

No, I'm playing in the US, on the NA server.

You might need to do a fresh install then

[REVY]
Members
6,148 posts
5,158 battles
5 minutes ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

You might need to do a fresh install then

Roger.

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
7,635 battles

Not a dumb question. I was the same when I got back after being out for about two weeks

[NOBUL]
Members
335 posts
3,661 battles

@Sventex, are you using WGC? I've heard other people have had issues with the Arsenal not loading with the newest version of WGC.

Members
3,042 posts
1,917 battles

Top Tip: it only loads for certain ports on lower-end computers, so set it to Ocean port and see if that fixes it. 

[REVY]
Members
6,148 posts
5,158 battles
1 hour ago, Rpkscout1 said:

@Sventex, are you using WGC? I've heard other people have had issues with the Arsenal not loading with the newest version of WGC.

I am (assuming that is the combined launcher for WoWS and WoT.  Is there anyway to disable WGC and load WoWs separately?

15 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

Top Tip: it only loads for certain ports on lower-end computers, so set it to Ocean port and see if that fixes it. 

My computer is not high end, but it is a gaming computer less then a year old.  Anyway, switching to Ocean didn't work.

Members
3,042 posts
1,917 battles
Just now, Sventex said:

I am (assuming that is the combined launcher for WoWS and WoT.  Is there anyway to disable WGC and load WoWs separately?

My computer is not high end, but it is a gaming computer less then a year old.  Anyway, switching to Ocean didn't work.

It doesn't always work.

For your first question, sadly, no. WG is working on forcing(read: making a big show of compelling) players who still use the old WoWS-specific launcher to use WGC, and I think they are trying to remove any and all functionality from it entirely VERY VERY SOON, so that everyone will have the same launcher.

[REVY]
Members
6,148 posts
5,158 battles
Just now, legoboy0401 said:

It doesn't always work.

For your first question, sadly, no. WG is working on forcing(read: making a big show of compelling) players who still use the old WoWS-specific launcher to use WGC, and I think they are trying to remove any and all functionality from it entirely VERY VERY SOON, so that everyone will have the same launcher.

Well, I don't even know what I can buy with coal or how much of it I have, so I guess it isn't a terrible loss.

Members
3,042 posts
1,917 battles
Just now, Sventex said:

Well, I don't even know what I can buy with coal or how much of it I have, so I guess it isn't a terrible loss.

But you'll need it both for Sharks V Eagles(special tokens you can spend in a special section of the Arsenal) and WoWS Anniversary.(Anniversary Tokens that I presume you can use in the Arsenal, not entirely sure though because it won't load for me on the public test no matter what I do)  

[REVY]
Members
6,148 posts
5,158 battles
32 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

But you'll need it both for Sharks V Eagles(special tokens you can spend in a special section of the Arsenal) and WoWS Anniversary.(Anniversary Tokens that I presume you can use in the Arsenal, not entirely sure though because it won't load for me on the public test no matter what I do)  

I'll try reinstalling.