You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralHattori

Richelieu Missing Barbette Armor

13 comments in this topic

[KNTI2]
[KNTI2]
Members
209 posts
9,674 battles

I'm uncertain if Richelieu second turret is suppose to have a barbette or not because practically every other battleship I have seen always have a barbette connected to the turret. The first turret has one which kind of further convince me that they missed the barbette on the Richelieu.

WorldOfWarships 2018-08-05 15-21-42-292.png

[HINON]
Supertester
20,733 posts
14,175 battles

It's there:

qbGv1PU.jpg

Probably just obscured by the auxiliary rooms armor in your screenshot.

[KNTI2]
[KNTI2]
Members
209 posts
9,674 battles

I was referring to the 80 mm part that you can see in the first turret. I just find it unusual that the second turret doesn't have it but I might be wrong since I don't have knowledge on armor blueprint of Richelieu. I mean it would make sense to connect the turret to the citadel right? Which the second one doesn't as you can see the empty space.

Edited by AdmiralHattori

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,500 posts
15,430 battles

@AdmiralHattori It is probably just an error in their drawing not filling in a color change in all the proper places. One way to find it is not there is to get your ship hit in that specific area and if it goes boom then the error is more than just missing a color change in the armor cutaway display.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,733 posts
14,175 battles

The two barbettes have as the same height of armor, the second barbette is just situated a bit higher than the first, so the bottom is a bit higher too. The 80mm bit on the first barbette is because that part of the armor is inside the more heavily armored part of the ship, so it doesn't have to be 405mm like on the second barbette.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,733 posts
14,175 battles
Just now, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@AdmiralHattori It is probably just an error in their drawing not filling in a color change in all the proper places.

No it's not. The second barbette sits higher in the ship, so its bottom is higher than on the first barbette. The bit that's 80mm on the first barbette is 405mm on the second barbette, because the first barbette's bottom part - the 80mm bit - is under armor, the bottom part of the second barbette isn't.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,733 posts
14,175 battles
6 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Lert Just a thought there. Great Hair Band gif you have there.

I almost take offense at that ....

This is a hair band:

My gif is of Amon Amarth:

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,500 posts
15,430 battles

@Lert I was in a long hair rock n roll band long ago and still have the hair. Coverdale's father was a USAF General in command of MAC not AMC when I was a 911 operator at Charleston AFB SC. He visited once and gave a speech that he mentioned Dave in.

Alpha Tester
5,926 posts
2,876 battles
2 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Lert I was in a long hair rock n roll band long ago and still have the hair. Coverdale's father was a USAF General in command of MAC not AMC when I was a 911 operator at Charleston AFB SC. He visited once and gave a speech that he mentioned Dave in.

Nice.

2 hours ago, Lert said:

I almost take offense at that ....

This is a hair band:

My gif is of Amon Amarth:

How's about we make this a trend? One hair band song, followed by a Scandinavian metal song.

[XBRTC]
Members
163 posts
8,195 battles

OP is correct, there is a "gap" in the armor modeled between the barbette and the citadel, but the area is protected by 330mm of belt armor on the outside, and the magazines are buried in the citadel rather than being exposed outside in that gap.
image.thumb.png.9b4ec83814c72f44f20b1ac012393c1d.pngimage.thumb.png.d9a3bc707078843ffd1041c4542041f1.png
image.thumb.png.e7a588aab5feb563f540d85caa791a02.png