Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Signals?

13 comments in this topic

Members
4,724 posts
8,094 battles

Tell me at least 2-3 signals that you always mount on your ships.  I know this can vary depending on ship but which ones do you generally feel are best? I struggle with this at times....a bit.

• Boring 1

[-KAK-]
Members
100 posts
4,381 battles

India Yankee, India Delta & Sierra mike I tend to run on all of my BBs

Depending on the Cruiser I might run Juliet Charlie and Victor Lima + X-ray for fire chance

In most cases it depends whether I have a bunch of flags in excess, Or if I'm just too lazy to go and equip flags

Members
4,724 posts
8,094 battles
23 minutes ago, _Pixi_ said:

India Yankee, India Delta & Sierra mike I tend to run on all of my BBs

Depending on the Cruiser I might run Juliet Charlie and Victor Lima + X-ray for fire chance

In most cases it depends whether I have a bunch of flags in excess, Or if I'm just too lazy to go and equip flags

Ya it's when I am getting low on flags that I have to make decisions. Heck I don't know how much they actually help but better mounted than not.

Beta Testers
1,261 posts
15,358 battles
1 hour ago, dmckay said:

Tell me at least 2-3 signals that you always mount on your ships.  I know this can vary depending on ship but which ones do you generally feel are best? I struggle with this at times....a bit.

Must haves on BBs.....India yankee and India Delta add Mike yankee soxisix for the bbs with greater secondary range.

Must haves for my DDs.....Sierra Mike on all DDs without exception and Juliet whiskey unaone. 

Cruisers must have ... November echo settleseven, Victor lima and india Xray.

I use other flags to round out the 8 flag maximum, usually specialty flags like dragon, red dragon and hydra to score big with elite cap XP.

With 67 premium ships and 20 or 21/19 pt captains the elite capt XP builds up in a hurry.

If I am playing Coop of course I scrap all of the above in favor of economic flags.

Well that's what I use anyway!

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,483 posts
15,370 battles

@dmckay generally those that pay off in huge % increases in XP, free xp, Commander xp and credits when I have them. If I don't then the combat and repair aids.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,934 posts
4,184 battles

For the Combat Signals it's highly dependent on the mode and the ship.  For light ships without the Magazine Mod, usually a Det signal.  Torp DDs the +Flooding signal. etc..

Except for Co-op I tend to mount all the Economic Signals, though there are also situational concerns.

[13CLM]
Members
309 posts
1,968 battles

I'm leveling up a ship line to T10 and a CPT to 19-P, so at this point I'm running the economic signals. If I get a T10 ship for ranked, I will give it try and need to figure out what signals to run for that.

[FML]
Members
2,530 posts
12,050 battles

For battleships, any flag that increases survivability, particularly lower fire duration and increased heal. For those BBs with secondaries (German, French) then also the secondary range flag.

For fire spamming cruisers, then flags to increase fire chance. For UK CLs, flags to reduce consumable cooldowns, and increase heals. 

For Destroyers, increased torp flooding chance, and detonation signals. 

I don’t play carriers much, but the AA signal is a must to win fighter duels. 

For stock ships, I throw on ever XP generating flag (and camo) I have to get upgraded modules ASAP. For T8 ships and above, I out on economic flags to reduce repair costs. For high tier premiums (T8, Missouri) I put on increased credit earning flags, though not sure why as I now have some 170 million credits. 

Simple answer: whatever works for you!!

[PSP]
Members
8,191 posts

What signals I fly depends on their need and availability.

For example, with my Gearing, I fly the speed boost, two fire starting, cause flooding, and two credit economic signals. I'm doing an experiment with detonation so am currently not running any anti-det signals. Thus far, I've only been detonated twice in well over a hundred matches so those are not really a priority. Since I have a 19-point commander, I also fly the commander XP signal and the free XP signal to provide resources that I can use with other ships.

Occasionally, when I have my Gearing configured for AA, I'll run the AA signal too.

Edited by Snargfargle

[INTEL]
Members
1,507 posts
10,439 battles

For battleships that push (e.g. German high tier), I run India Yankee, Juliet Yankee Bissotwo, and Mike Yankee Soxisix are important.  November Foxtrot and India XRay on the same ships much of the time.

For DDs, Sierra Mike, Juliet Charlie and Juliet Whiskey Unaone.  Some DDs I play to torp and harrass larger ships with fire to provoke DC use.  On those I'll add Victor Lima.

For Cruisers is a little more dependent on the cruiser as I play a variety.  If they are fire starters, I add fire signals. etc.

In general, I add signals that play to the strength of the ship.  Not to buff the weaknesses of the ship.

Another rule I have is that I save my signals for competitive play.  Random and Ranked.  But in Random, only if I'm in a division.

[N-W-T]
Members
1,423 posts
6,023 battles

My advice would be to save your premium signals and extra-premium camos for clan battles.  You can get upwards of 40,000 commander XP per win.  I actually achieved over 61,000 commander XP using those 533% commander XP Asian Lantern camos we got from some mission recently.  I leveled my 16.5 DM point captain to a 19 in two weeks of clan battles. 

Spoiler

shot-18_08.05_21_28.26-0451.thumb.jpg.4dacf42c618a9e76458ded35e9ff85df.jpg

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this