You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Vlad_D_Impailor

Where do I complain about players?

35 comments in this topic

Members
25 posts
5,239 battles

Hi, I would like to know, after hours of searching to discuss why I'm being cut from chats and do you actually read them or is it an AI set up?
I complain when players hide behind mountains (Rocks) and pummel one to death. I call them cowards and losers even tag poor play but I see them still going?
So do you actually read the chats or is it an automated system and if a couple people click it enough one is banned for 24 hours?

Is it totally unfair play to pretend to be a good player while scoring major kills hiding behind a rock and no one can attack them?
So I am supposed to just die all day long and not lose my crap? So when I finally say something I'm banned?

Guess you don't need my money anymore.

Morning success.jpg

Edited by Vlad_D_Impailor

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,860 posts
8,916 battles
18 minutes ago, Vlad_D_Impailor said:

Guess you don't need my money anymore

as ive said to many people thatve said they wont spend another dime on this game, you're one person, out of literal 10s, if not 100s, of thousands that play this game, you not spending money means nothing whens theres 1000s upons 1000s of other players that do

[WOLFG]
Members
4,763 posts
2,672 battles

OP, I am going to help you out.

First, go look up the forum rules.

If that isn't clear enough, there is a section of the forum called the locked thread archive that should be some help.

If not, you can just leave it here.

[MIA-P]
Members
665 posts
6,338 battles
24 minutes ago, Vlad_D_Impailor said:

Is it totally unfair play to pretend to be a good player while scoring major kills hiding behind a rock and no one can attack them?
So I am supposed to just die all day long and not lose my crap? So when I finally say something I'm banned?

Could not agree more. It's totally unfair when other people score damage and kills. Those are MINE, dammit! How dare they use an effective strategy to win the game! Those aren't good players! Only I am a good player! Anyone else who gets high winrates is just FAKING IT!

In future, I also demand that all DDs announce their presence by firing a salute every 15 seconds, all ships firing torpedoes must first have a Torpedo Firing Proposal approved by me in chat, and anyone who sets me on fire or gets a citadel on me must send me a WRITTEN APOLOGY LETTER OF AT LEAST 800 WORDS! Otherwise it's just not fair! Also, nobody is allowed to shoot at me. Otherwise, it wouldn't be fair.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[HINON]
Supertester
20,714 posts
14,138 battles

I am very curious what OP considers a bad player, what his criteria is.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
318 posts
6,059 battles
39 minutes ago, Vlad_D_Impailor said:

. . . I complain . . . I call them cowards and losers . . . (I get) banned for 24 hours . . .

I think I found your problem

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
970 posts
18,486 battles
38 minutes ago, Lert said:

I am very curious what OP considers a bad player, what his criteria is.

They don't play as he wishes, thus they are bad players. If they would do what he commands, then they would be good players.

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,753 posts
11,294 battles

I believe he is concerned about the current trend to make HE spam over islands the new smoke spam.

High arc fire breathing dragons sitting behind islands not being spotted because any plane gets annihilated by their AA, any DD gets nuked by radar trying to spot them, and no torps will go through islands yet.  Hence, they sit there, unspotted, holding down the mouse button not caring about enemy ship angle or type. Just endless streams of nonsense until target cant put out 8 fires anymore, cant heal anymore, and sinks.  Next target.

The problem being, OP is taking his anger out on the players who are doing what the developers have designed them to do.  Wrath at current island HE spam meta should be directed at those who designed it.  Not at those who are just trying to grind their ships and survive battles.

I prefered smoke meta.  At least you could wall of skill them.

• Cool 1

[OBS]
Members
1,265 posts
9,802 battles

Yelling at people, calling them cowards, etc, is not the mark of a good player.

Was in a steamroll loss today:

'A is clearly theirs, no need to push it', 1/4 of the team dies there for no purpose.  'Prepare to hold at B if we're to have any chance at all', Montana passes right by me headed toward A solo.  'Montana, you're headed the wrong way', he dies in a hail of gunfire shortly thereafter.  Remainder of team is scattered around and I die trying to hold B myself in Charles Martel.

It doesn't always work, but raging about another's poor performance doesn't improve anything.

[SALVO]
Members
20,531 posts
20,382 battles
1 hour ago, Vlad_D_Impailor said:

Hi, I would like to know, after hours of searching to discuss why I'm being cut from chats and do you actually read them or is it an AI set up?
I complain when players hide behind mountains (Rocks) and pummel one to death. I call them cowards and losers even tag poor play but I see them still going?
So do you actually read the chats or is it an automated system and if a couple people click it enough one is banned for 24 hours?

Vlad, let me explain something you really should already know.

Much as you may not like players "hiding" behind islands and pummeling you, for now, that's part of the game because that's how WG designed the maps.  And these players are NOT necessarily "cowards" or "losers".  Oh, occasionally, some are cowardly, but not really for using terrain the way that the game is designed.  Many are very smart players who are playing the game intelligently and exactly as intended, using hard cover that they can shoot from behind while remaining unspotted.  You may not like that style of game play, but don't blame the players.  Blame WG for producing maps where this "World of TankShips" play style is not only possible, but encouraged.

As for chat bans, with 3800+ games played, how can you NOT know that it's an automated system?  You get chat banned when enough players report you in game for misuse of chat (or whatever terminology is).

"Is it totally unfair play to pretend to be a good player while scoring major kills hiding behind a rock and no one can attack them?

No, it's intelligent play on the enemy player's part.  They understand the game mechanics, while you apparently do not.  They are limiting who can shoot at them while being able to shoot at you.  That's one of the hallmarks of a good player in this game, right now.

"So I am supposed to just die all day long and not lose my crap?"

No, you're "supposed" to learn from this and get better.  Find a way to spot that enemy, such as sending up a cat fighter or spotter plane.  Or get closer to the source of the unspotted fire so that they can't fire at you anymore.  Or if those aren't options, just run away and put some hard cover between you and that hidden enemy.

The one thing you definitely should NOT do is throw a hissy fit because someone is better than you and understands the game mechanics better than you.

[SALVO]
Members
20,531 posts
20,382 battles
3 minutes ago, TurboT said:

I believe he is concerned about the current trend to make HE spam over islands the new smoke spam.

High arc fire breathing dragons sitting behind islands not being spotted because any plane gets annihilated by their AA, any DD gets nuked by radar trying to spot them, and no torps will go through islands yet.  Hence, they sit there, unspotted, holding down the mouse button not caring about enemy ship angle or type. Just endless streams of nonsense until target cant put out 8 fires anymore, cant heal anymore, and sinks.  Next target.

The problem being, OP is taking his anger out on the players who are doing what the developers have designed them to do.  Wrath at current island HE spam meta should be directed at those who designed it.  Not at those who are just trying to grind their ships and survive battles.

I preferred smoke meta.  At least you could wall of skill them.

Turbo, while I understand the complaint, I don't agree with you.  I prefer the current situation to the smoke meta.  I really, really hated the smoke meta.  And still do, even if I do use it when in ships that are meant to do so.

But the root cause is the island choked maps.  

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,753 posts
11,294 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Turbo, while I understand the complaint, I don't agree with you.  I prefer the current situation to the smoke meta.  I really, really hated the smoke meta.  And still do, even if I do use it when in ships that are meant to do so.

But the root cause is the island choked maps.  

I find it super annoying to not be able to shoot back at something because all my shells hit the island. At least in smoke I had a chance to hit them with torps or something.  It's equally annoying to me... and yes, the map design is bad.  Why surround objectives with islands and then give some players (a lot of the times unequal) the ability to defend that objective from behind said islands, un-spotted and not able to hit back.   Add to the fact HE is a stupid shell mechanic which makes it often undefendable.  I can angle or nose fight against AP but HE just randomly eats away no matter what you do.  You can attempt to minimize it by repairs/heals in a BB but ultimately  you have to get away from it to do so properly, which you cannot, if you're trying to contest a cap.

Dumb design. Game is dumb now. Not nearly as fun as it once was..and going the way of tanks. 

[-TD-]
Beta Testers
2,472 posts
21,307 battles
1 hour ago, Vlad_D_Impailor said:

Morning success.jpg

I don't care much for players rating out other players anyway, grow some thicker skin and just play your game . Besides what did you really expect in random battles ?  Teamwork ?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,052 posts

Properly setting up your ship for defense - using upgrades, flags, and captain skills can nearly make your boat impervious to fire.

You sacrifice the ability to attack others, but if your goal is to tank against Akizuki/Atlanta/Belfast type volleys - there it is.

They can shell you all day long..  and you can ignore them as the shells crash down an do little to no damage.

They will soon discover you are a waste of time and move onto someone else.  And if they don't, you've at least taken them out of the game for a while.

[SQUAD]
Members
8,137 posts
8,404 battles

*Admits he insults his teams*

*Wonders why he's the one in trouble*

And then you come here and repeat the behavior. I respectfully suggest you look at your own behaviors, they're far worse than people not playing a game well will ever be.

[PAT]
Members
1,643 posts
3,702 battles

Unfortunately, this is the way the game is designed. Its supposed to be a game where concealment is life, and islands are how some ships achieve it. Is it fair? Yes. You have the ability to do the same thing if you want, is it particularly balanced? Recall that ships need other ships to spot for them when using hard cover, so they are dependant on ships that are not playing that way. Usually, you can counter the island campers by scouting their scouts. As a battleship, unfortunately, that's impossible. But you can still support those that can. And remember, the enemy Cruisers can't camp forever, (well theoretically they can, but it's usually not the best choice.) Believe me, I think its as stupid as you do. (It's no fun to have no-fly zones that can't be countered by my team or myself as a CV, or invisible radars that nuke my poor Dds out of the water. However, I've played the ships that play that way, it's just how they have to play. The only way to fix it would be to remove their citadels, which of course, would be stupid. 

However, insulting the players that are playing correctly is not how you have success in any game. Why would you even wonder why you are chat banned when you are just insulting players that are trying to do their jobs? That's how it works, be polite, and learn to adapt, that's all you can do.

Edited by megadeux

[HINON]
Members
2,902 posts
20,820 battles
27 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Where do i complain about players who misspell "impaler"?    

laughed so hard almost spit out my coffee

[RKLES]
Members
8,965 posts
10,828 battles
1 hour ago, senseNOTmade said:

Could not agree more. It's totally unfair when other people score damage and kills. Those are MINE, dammit! How dare they use an effective strategy to win the game! Those aren't good players! Only I am a good player! Anyone else who gets high winrates is just FAKING IT!

In future, I also demand that all DDs announce their presence by firing a salute every 15 seconds, all ships firing torpedoes must first have a Torpedo Firing Proposal approved by me in chat, and anyone who sets me on fire or gets a citadel on me must send me a WRITTEN APOLOGY LETTER OF AT LEAST 800 WORDS! Otherwise it's just not fair! Also, nobody is allowed to shoot at me. Otherwise, it wouldn't be fair.

Lol just have the DDs pay a Doubloon fee to the victims... :Smile_teethhappy:

Oh wait I use DDs sometimes as well, um never mind! :Smile_amazed:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,261 posts
5,474 battles
20 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

*Admits he insults his teams*

*Wonders why he's the one in trouble*

And then you come here and repeat the behavior. I respectfully suggest you look at your own behaviors, they're far worse than people not playing a game well will ever be.

This^^^^^^

Members
4,724 posts
8,104 battles
Just now, giovybez said:

laughed so hard almost spit out my coffee

Ha ha.  Why is it that whenever someone really gets a hoot out of a post and almost spits something out it's always coffee?  Never a beer, or good liquor, or pop, or anything like that...always coffee. Why? I notice these kinda things.:Smile_teethhappy: