You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Col_Calibre

Credit for a Destroyed Enemy Ship

14 comments in this topic

[GONE]
Members
69 posts
8,274 battles

I am stumped ! ! !

I've never known who gets the final credit when I sink about 25 to 30 shells in one ship, trying to sink the sucker and someone else comes behind me and shoots the last

shell and all I see in the ribbons department is my 25 Penetrations. So then no credit for the disaster.

Now, there have been times that I have done the same thing and sank maybe 2 or three shots, the ship sinks and I have gotten the credit for the destroyed ship.

I have no clue where the algorythm(sp) separates this scenario for the win. Who gets what ??

There's probably no short answer for this.

• Funny 1

Members
832 posts
1,264 battles

whoever gets the enemy's hp to 0 by any means first gets the kill ribbon 

[WOLF7]
Members
11,621 posts

You earned xp for the value of doing the majority of the damage, kills are not really a big xp generator. Kill stealing is not really a thing in this game.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
14,981 posts
9,575 battles
4 minutes ago, Col_Calibre said:

I am stumped ! ! !

I've never known who gets the final credit when I sink about 25 to 30 shells in one ship, trying to sink the sucker and someone else comes behind me and shoots the last

shell and all I see in the ribbons department is my 25 Penetrations. So then no credit for the disaster.

Now, there have been times that I have done the same thing and sank maybe 2 or three shots, the ship sinks and I have gotten the credit for the destroyed ship.

I have no clue where the algorythm(sp) separates this scenario for the win. Who gets what ??

Whoever's shell/torp/bomb first takes the ship to 0 HP gets credit for the kill. Now most of your XP is based on the percentage of damage done to the ship. 

ninja'd

[HINON]
Supertester
20,726 posts
14,156 battles

If someone does 5% to a ship that you did 95% to, he'll get 5% of the XP and credits, and you get 95%. Kill stats are meaningless. Just get ships sunk.

Members
427 posts
1,608 battles

Op first. Please change your font. Thats actually hard to read.

Second you only get the credit for the kill if your shell or torp actually finishes off the ship. But all the damge you do builds up your xp earned based on the percentage of the ship you scored on. 

[GONE]
Members
69 posts
8,274 battles

Thanks fellas for the insight. I wasn't aware of the HP as it relates to being shot dead in the water.

f/Sped_Gax - I wanted to see what it looks like since sometimes I do want to see something different. I'll change it. I hope this looks okay.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,957 posts
4,184 battles
42 minutes ago, Lert said:

If someone does 5% to a ship that you did 95% to, he'll get 5% of the XP and credits, and you get 95%. Kill stats are meaningless. Just get ships sunk.

Is that quite true?  I thought there was a 15% bonus for the kill.  (As to whether that's 15% of the total target HP or and extra 15% of your damage done to it, I haven't a clue.)

[HINON]
Supertester
20,726 posts
14,156 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

Is that quite true?  I thought there was a 15% bonus for the kill.  (As to whether that's 15% of the total target HP or and extra 15% of your damage done to it, I haven't a clue.)

There is a small bonus for landing the killing blow, not sure if it's as much as 15%. Still not worth holding your fire just to get the killing blow and giving up all the XP and credits for actually doing the damage.

[NGAGE]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
4,453 posts
6,658 battles

deleted 

Edited by yashma

[HINON]
Members
10,787 posts
2 hours ago, Lert said:

There is a small bonus for landing the killing blow, not sure if it's as much as 15%. Still not worth holding your fire just to get the killing blow and giving up all the XP and credits for actually doing the damage.

I only remember 15% as I think LWM is the one who stated it was in that ballpark, unless my memory is faulty (which is possible).

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,499 posts
15,415 battles

@Col_Calibre The one who gets in the kill shot gets the red ribbon and not much else. The one that hammers the enemy ship to just short of sinking get more credit for all the damage dealt.

Beta Testers
1,266 posts
15,395 battles

From the WIKI:

Earning Credits and Experience

After each match, players will always receive a "basic" credits and experience income in terms of their contribution to said battle:

• Receiving any ribbon (such as hitting the enemy, detecting a new target, capturing a point etc.) increases both credits and experience, though not every ribbon is of equal value.
  • Dealing damage and especially the killing blows is a major contribution towards the basic reward.
  • A small bonus is awarded for the damage dealt by allies using your ship's line of sight when they can't fire at a target by themselves.
  • Achievements add a very hefty bonus to the reward.
  • Finally, the basic reward increases greatly for the winning team.

Total "basic" amounts can then be altered due to the influence of "Modifiers", such as Camouflages, Signal Flags, and Premium equipment (Ships and Account). The Post battle screen provides an adequate summary and breakdown of the total Credits and Experience earned per battle, but the following calculations are also presented here to aid players in understanding the calculations behind said numbers. Detailed breakdown can be found in the post-battle report on the final tab (Credits and Experience).

Economy

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,478 posts
12,810 battles
5 hours ago, Col_Calibre said:

I am stumped ! ! !

Whoever scores the hillshot...the guy who sets the enemy HP counter to zero.  It doesn't really mean much tbh.