You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jebbook

Is it worth the money??

13 comments in this topic

[-FUA-]
Members
57 posts
9,171 battles

I have run across a possible chilling problem in WOWS.  I do hope WG reads this post.  I spend a lot of real cash on this game.  I think I am supporting people earning a pay check and to keep the game going (retired US navy).  The problem I have found with 0.7.7 is that my ARP arpeggio blue steel ships "have gone away".  Yes, I still have the 9 boats in the carousel and in the tech tree, BUT the paint/skins/camo are gone leaving grey only.  Yes the ships have the same names, but the GIRL captains (anime) are gone leaving just Japanese guy captains in their stead.  Now I earned these ships by grinding my rear end off.  I was lead to believe that these 9 boats would remain - period.  But the look and captains might be gone if support does not give me a fix.  The contract is up and good bye to the look & girls - maybe.  If so, too bad.  Now if true, a bucket of cold ice sea water hits in the face.  What about the real cash I laid out for High School Fleet captains and paints.  Will they go away when the contract is done???  Azur Lane girl captains be replaced by guys in the future?  If so, I want my $75 back.  What about the special paints by the artist for ROMA and  KII?  They going away when the contract is done?  The point is not the contract, it is the money spent by the customer and the future where I don't spend the money for the latest raise cash for WG to make the pay roll.  Who here likes spending money on a sweet ride (car, motorcycle, boat, etc.) and then when the contract is gone, here is a different sweet ride with no captain, different captain, different paint job (puke brown or blind you neon light green that can be seen from the moon)?  If you paid money for something, you will be unhappy (stronger language can be used here - dear reader) when the SWITCH is pulled.  WG - OUCH!  The point is this - why spend REAL MONEY/CASH on a product that will not stick around?

Note - yes I was not upset when Steven S left the game and from my BB-63 the Mighty MO.  I didn't spend real money on that one.

Note - I do spend real money on WG/WOWS to keep the game going (no bucks, no buck rogers or boats).  There are a whole lot of internet games that have disappeared due to not enough customers spending real cash.  Got to make the pay roll.

Please tell me I am wrong (I expect to be pointed to a location to read it).

Thanks captains for your time.  Fair winds on your back and calm seas.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,156 battles
2 minutes ago, jebbook said:

I have run across a possible chilling problem in WOWS.  I do hope WG reads this post.  I spend a lot of real cash on this game.  I think I am supporting people earning a pay check and to keep the game going (retired US navy).  The problem I have found with 0.7.7 is that my ARP arpeggio blue steel ships "have gone away".  Yes, I still have the 9 boats in the carousel and in the tech tree, BUT the paint/skins/camo are gone leaving grey only.  Yes the ships have the same names, but the GIRL captains (anime) are gone leaving just Japanese guy captains in their stead.  Now I earned these ships by grinding my rear end off.  I was lead to believe that these 9 boats would remain - period.  But the look and captains might be gone if support does not give me a fix.  The contract is up and good bye to the look & girls - maybe.  If so, too bad.  Now if true, a bucket of cold ice sea water hits in the face.  What about the real cash I laid out for High School Fleet captains and paints.  Will they go away when the contract is done???  Azur Lane girl captains be replaced by guys in the future?  If so, I want my $75 back.  What about the special paints by the artist for ROMA and  KII?  They going away when the contract is done?  The point is not the contract, it is the money spent by the customer and the future where I don't spend the money for the latest raise cash for WG to make the pay roll.  Who here likes spending money on a sweet ride (car, motorcycle, boat, etc.) and then when the contract is gone, here is a different sweet ride with no captain, different captain, different paint job (puke brown or blind you neon light green that can be seen from the moon)?  If you paid money for something, you will be unhappy (stronger language can be used here - dear reader) when the SWITCH is pulled.  WG - OUCH!  The point is this - why spend REAL MONEY/CASH on a product that will not stick around?

Note - yes I was not upset when Steven S left the game and from my BB-63 the Mighty MO.  I didn't spend real money on that one.

Note - I do spend real money on WG/WOWS to keep the game going (no bucks, no buck rogers or boats).  There are a whole lot of internet games that have disappeared due to not enough customers spending real cash.  Got to make the pay roll.

I’m not sure how I got the ARP ships , they just appeared one day no doubt awarded for finishing something I was not aware of.. not an Ani fan and sold the ARP ships as soon as I could, but it’s not right for Wows to award something and take it away , if file a ticket and you will get the why answers you seek

[WOLFG]
Members
4,742 posts
2,655 battles
7 minutes ago, jebbook said:

I believe awiggin has this right.  when I first loaded the game, got to the port and started clicking around, I found (by accident) where those were located.  I didn't have any of those and have forgotten.

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
555 posts
26 minutes ago, jebbook said:

maybe you took off that option in your settings

like you know you can hide spaceship camos etc....maybe you have hidden your special camo

[-FUA-]
Members
57 posts
9,171 battles

Ok, MY BAD.  Please note new info - I DID check the setting - the gears on THE MILITARY RIGHT of the screen.  Guess how I found the problem.  Hint, hint.

I have a ticket in to WG support.  Their suggestion which was worthless was to clear the carousel.  I  did.  Nothing improved.  The ticket is still active.

What I was expecting was either someone would say in release note 0.7.X, ARP is gone.  OR that they had a problem and it was fixed.  I have been playing this game almost 3 years (and I do learn new stuff all the time), but I have done what I know with the tech tree and carousel.  I do see someone actually still has theirs, so ARP should not have been deleted from WOWS - great!!!!   Really.

One other note, in the gears, the ARP is checked and the eye symbol is greyed out with a line through it.  The tech tree shows that I have to REPURCHASE all 9 boats.  Wha???  Each has a number of doubloons required to obtain them.  Given the above and this new info, the problem is elsewhere. 

Thanks captains for your help.

[-FUA-]
Members
57 posts
9,171 battles

Problem solved.  Thanks Kizarvexis - I missed this on 2 passes.  "Clicking the eye to grey it out will hide the anime which makes the ships gray and turns the ship girls in to IJN looking captains. "  Clicked the actual grey eye and boom fixed.

Thanks again folks.  Something new learned today.

To WG/WOWS - is it worth the money is still a valid idea.  Keep it in mind when working up those contracts.

Now on to battle and fun (most likely sunk)  :cap_yes:

[YORHA]
Members
4,138 posts
7,143 battles
3 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

and now because certain people are salty I gain more Negative rep Stalkers.... its adorable.... and they call ME a child...

Could be the "GFY" stuff. 

Here...

snickers__76500.1496795956.jpg?c=2&imbyp

Better now?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,439 posts
20,366 battles
53 minutes ago, jebbook said:

Problem solved.  Thanks Kizarvexis - I missed this on 2 passes.  "Clicking the eye to grey it out will hide the anime which makes the ships gray and turns the ship girls in to IJN looking captains. "  Clicked the actual grey eye and boom fixed.

Thanks again folks.  Something new learned today.

To WG/WOWS - is it worth the money is still a valid idea.  Keep it in mind when working up those contracts.

Now on to battle and fun (most likely sunk)  :cap_yes:

Sometimes when a new patch hits, your settings change. It is annoying no doubt, I am forever being put in a different port or having things hidden I want to see or seeing things I want hidden after an update hits. 

[PSP]
Members
8,191 posts

I sold all my ARP ships except for the Takao. I also sent my girl captains to a re-orientation center for some "modifications" so they could fit in better with the other IJN captains. It's not that they weren't fine commanders already, it's just that they were distracting the men.

Edited by Snargfargle

[-FUA-]
Members
57 posts
9,171 battles

To Snargfargle - very funny.  Thanks for the laugh.  Great.  Sorry, I don't like giving up ships once I have them.  It has to be a bad boat to play for me to do that.  Very, very few.

To Taylor3006 - good point and thanks for that information.  I will keep it in mind.

Again, thanks to all those who are very helpful.  Many, many thanks!  Enjoy your day!  Have fun!

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,456 posts
15,368 battles
2 hours ago, jebbook said:

The point is this - why spend REAL MONEY/CASH on a product that will not stick around?

you know my three ex wives very it well it seems. I wish I thought of that as well.