You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Sharks Eagles is there enough time?

20 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
2,856 posts

Its day 11 of Sharks vs Eagles and I have gotten 5 points per day. Giving me 50 loyalty and 95 tokens. The initial math was 15 days and you would have 125 tokens for the camo.

It looks like I still need 5 days of 5 points per day to make enough. Does anyone know if there is still time? Or am I missing somthing?

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
555 posts

if you want all 3 camos the flags and the patchs you will need to buy 16 go navy crates in premium shop

if you just want one camo there is plenty of time to get those tokens

[GONE]
Members
69 posts
8,265 battles

It sounds to me like you need to play longer during the day. (or stay up later at night)

I can't speak for the guys who still work for a living, but, I have played enough to claim 4,473 points so far, 37 points for today and 90  tokens.

If you play a lot on the same team, it works to your advantage.

I'm retired and can play all day (don't use me as a measure) but that is to say that the longer you play with T5  and above, there is a benefit.

Supertester
3,005 posts
10,086 battles

I've been wondering this myself OP. While I've been accumulating points, I've been stuck at 45 tokens for quite a few days now. Can't remember the last time I got any tokens, but I know that there have only been a couple (2 maybe 3) days that I didn't get the full amount of daily points.

/Shrug 

I'm hoping that I have enough time, but I don't know how the tokens work as they aren't really described in the event description past "spend them in the aresenal". 

[PSP]
Members
8,194 posts

There may be a bug in the loyalty for some players. Now, personally, mine is working as expected with one selection (3 loyalty) and one invite (2 loyalty) each day. Therefore, I currently have 50 loyalty and 95 tokens. However, someone posted that he'd already maxed out on loyalty and had a screenshot showing his was 79 or some such. I'm pretty sure that this was a glitch.

As for invites, sometimes you have to play quite a few games before you get one. Other times you will get one in a game or two. I played about ten games today before I got an invite.

[PVE]
Members
14,981 posts
9,575 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Calibre said:

It sounds to me like you need to play longer during the day. (or stay up later at night)

I can't speak for the guys who still work for a living, but, I have played enough to claim 4,473 points so far, 37 points for today and 90  tokens.

If you play a lot on the same team, it works to your advantage.

I'm retired and can play all day (don't use me as a measure) but that is to say that the longer you play with T5  and above, there is a benefit.

How many points you earn a day have nothing to do with loyalty. If you pick a team and play one battle and do nothing else, you will get 3 loyalty for the day. If you play some battles and get an invite to turn down, you get 2 more loyalty for the day. That is all the loyalty you can earn a day per the rules. So after 15 days of earning 5 loyalty a day, you will hit the max 75 loyalty and hit the max tokens you can earn for one team without spending money.

Now points do give you crates and if you are in the top 1,000, top 100 and/or top 10 you get more crates. But no matter how many points you earn in a day, you won't get more loyalty.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
8,194 posts
12 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

How many points you earn a day have nothing to do with loyalty. If you pick a team and play one battle and do nothing else, you will get 3 loyalty for the day. If you play some battles and get an invite to turn down, you get 2 more loyalty for the day. That is all the loyalty you can earn a day per the rules. So after 15 days of earning 5 loyalty a day, you will hit the max 75 loyalty and hit the max tokens you can earn for one team without spending money.

Now points do give you crates and if you are in the top 1,000, top 100 and/or top 10 you get more crates. But no matter how many points you earn in a day, you won't get more loyalty.

Does this mean that it actually pays you to switch after 75 credits -- that you don't ever get more than 75 for a team?

Wasn't there mention of a special something for those who stayed with the same team throughout the event (a patch, flag or some such)?

OK, that's everyone.

Players who take part in the event will receive commemorative awards when it ends:

• a patch for participating in the Go Navy! event;
  • Go Navy! commemorative achievement.
Edited by Snargfargle

[WOLF2]
Members
3,188 posts
14,844 battles
42 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

There may be a bug in the loyalty for some players. Now, personally, mine is working as expected with one selection (3 loyalty) and one invite (2 loyalty) each day. Therefore, I currently have 50 loyalty and 95 tokens. However, someone posted that he'd already maxed out on loyalty and had a screenshot showing his was 79 or some such. I'm pretty sure that this was a glitch.

As for invites, sometimes you have to play quite a few games before you get one. Other times you will get one in a game or two. I played about ten games today before I got an invite.

How do you get two invites in the same day?

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,456 posts
15,368 battles

I do not understand this token thing at all I have several tokens from buying boxes, but don't think I have a token from any other source, been on Sharks since it started, and always decline the multiple offers for me to switch teams, uninstall, jump off a bridge and suck on an exhaust pipe. Declined them all, I'm like at 45ish loyalty with no clue how to get tokens besides buying them.

Supertester
3,005 posts
10,086 battles
26 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Does this mean that it actually pays you to switch after 75 credits -- that you don't ever get more than 75 for a team?

Wasn't there mention of a special something for those who stayed with the same team throughout the event (a patch, flag or some such)?

OK, that's everyone.

Players who take part in the event will receive commemorative awards when it ends:

Just logged in and yesterdays loyalty rolled over from 45 to 50, which put me over the threshold to the new leg since I started Sharks and have remained Sharks (just thought the camo looked better tbh).

I now have 95 tokens for the arsenal. Considering the end date is August 20th, "if" a player gets the "max" possible 5 loyalty per day from here on out, they could get another 45 loyalty points towards their tokens. So in other words, I am at 50 and if I stay Sharks for the duration, I will have a theoretical and unreachable 95 loyalty (the max is 75). 

5b675a44569e4_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2018_08.05-13_08_56_22.thumb.png.7e627b9c89421bde839b9575db9d5323.png

EDIT: So logging on today, thankfully clarified it for me as there was 5 days there that I was hanging in the wind without knowing if I was doing something right or wrong, vs. the previous legs where I saw progress at 3 days (10 - 25 loyalty), 2 days (7 - 10 loyalty) and the first day (3 loyalty).

Edited by BURN_Miner

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
627 posts
1,616 battles
38 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

I do not understand this token thing at all I have several tokens from buying boxes, but don't think I have a token from any other source, been on Sharks since it started, and always decline the multiple offers for me to switch teams, uninstall, jump off a bridge and suck on an exhaust pipe. Declined them all, I'm like at 45ish loyalty with no clue how to get tokens besides buying them.

As you rack up loyalty you will get more tokens at rank 50 and at rank 75. You must earn at least one point towards the competition in a tier 5 or higher ship to earn loyalty each day. Pay attention to your tokens when you hit or go over 50 loyalty as that should bring you to at least 95 tokens total and then you get 100 more tokens at 75 loyalty.  Many are probably going to switch sides once they cap out on loyalty as they won't be able to earn more tokens beyond that.

• Cool 1

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,456 posts
15,368 battles
13 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

As you rack up loyalty you will get more tokens at rank 50 and at rank 75. You must earn at least one point towards the competition in a tier 5 or higher ship to earn loyalty each day. Pay attention to your tokens when you hit or go over 50 loyalty as that should bring you to at least 95 tokens total and then you get 100 more tokens at 75 loyalty.  Many are probably going to switch sides once they cap out on loyalty as they won't be able to earn more tokens beyond that.

thank you, will do!

[PVE]
Members
14,981 posts
9,575 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

OK, that's everyone.

75 loyalty (195 tokens) is the most you can get for free with one team. So yes, switching after that means you can earn loyalty for the other team. The max loyalty you can get in both teams is 75 in one and 50 in the other before the event ends. You can buy Go Navy boxes with 10 tokens each in the shop, but they start at $5 each.

50 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

How do you get two invites in the same day?

You are not supposed to be able to get more than one a day. They are system generated.

49 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

Certain loyalty levels give a set amount of tokens. See the Go Navy notes 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/go-navy-rules/#loyalty

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
3,188 posts
14,844 battles
3 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

You are not supposed to be able to get more than one a day. They are system generated.

I know, I just keep hearing people say they got 2 invites in a day .. or somehow got loyalty to 75 +/- already …. 

It shouldn't be possible, but they're not lying

[PVE]
Members
14,981 posts
9,575 battles
2 hours ago, Commander_367 said:

I know, I just keep hearing people say they got 2 invites in a day .. or somehow got loyalty to 75 +/- already …. 

It shouldn't be possible, but they're not lying

There could be system issues or they are fibbing. Who knows. The screenshot of the 79 loyalty looked pretty convincing, so probably system issues.

Members
849 posts
14,844 battles

By getting +5 loyalty per day, you can max out your main team at 75 in 15 days, and still have enough time to get 50 on the other team, enough to buy 19 crates.

Or you can get +3 loyalty per day by switching to your main team each day, max it out in 25 days, and get 25 extra crates from switching.

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
70 posts
21,027 battles

You are assuming you get an invite to switch each day. Sometimes you don't. I had 2483 go navy points Saturday night and never got asked to change sides. You will get 1 camo for sure. As far as getting 2 you may need to spend some money on go navy crates. Each has 10 tokens for each side, plus a flag, coal and one camo.

[WOLF2]
Members
3,188 posts
14,844 battles
5 hours ago, Jarkorsis said:

You are assuming you get an invite to switch each day. Sometimes you don't. I had 2483 go navy points Saturday night and never got asked to change sides. You will get 1 camo for sure. As far as getting 2 you may need to spend some money on go navy crates. Each has 10 tokens for each side, plus a flag, coal and one camo.

This is so odd, some people get 2 invites while others get none?

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,854 posts
21,336 battles

To get two camos (like for Sauce and DM) you need 20 days with 5 loyality per day plus 3 container from the store.

With 5 loyality per day you get 95 tokens after 10 days. With the 3 container you get 125 tokesn aka one camo and already 30 tokens for the second team. Now you change and play 10 days for the others. You will end up with 125 tokens again for another camo. You need another 5 days to finish the loyality for sharks or eagles to get the 100 tokens. So you need 25 days and 15$ to max out your gains and get 2 T10 camos (which gives you 10k gold/40$ worth of normal T10 camos).