You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ocoda

Ranked Battles

16 comments in this topic

Members
1,204 posts
3,156 battles

Because a 3 man division of good players would have an insanely high winrate. Divions have so much influence on randoms, just think how much influence one could have in a game with less people.  Ranked is supposed to be a single player skill thing even though that isnt really how it works. 

Edited by CarbonButtprint
  • Cool 3

[-TD-]
Beta Testers
2,481 posts
21,338 battles

Would that not cause an indirect disadvantage to your opponents ? ? ? ? ?

[INTEL]
Members
7,126 posts
29,383 battles
1 minute ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Because a 3 man divion of good players would have an insanely high winrate. Divions have so much influence on randoms, just think how much influence one could have in a game with less people.  Ranked is supposed to be a single player skill thing even though that isnt really how it works. 

^^this

[SQUAD]
Members
8,149 posts
8,416 battles

Seriously?

If you need to guarantee victory, why not just have WG flip a coin before each match, and have the teams draw straws to see who doesn't lose a star. Divisions are strong, and in a battle with 7 players, even a 2 man div would completely skew the game in that team's favor.

[FLKRS]
Members
25 posts
9,082 battles

Division in competitive? I believe those are called Clan Battles. Solo competitive = ranked. 

You already got what you wanted. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,777 posts
10,986 battles

Because Ranked is supposed to be about the individual. That is why I would like to see the impact of the team reduced, it can never be completely removed, by going to a top 12(?) base experience receive a star. Losing stars would need to be revamped because of this but maybe just make it that if you are not in the top group work like advancing/losing league position in CW where if you are not in that you have to be in the top group 3 out of 5 matches or you lose a star.

Members
4 posts
1,269 battles

Ok considering the fact that I am new to the Wargamming forums, I have yet to figure out how to start a response for myself. So with this being said, I have to piggy-back on your post atm.

I have an issue with logging into the game. I am blocked with buffering at the ID and PW stage to where I cant type that info in. How can I fix this or what can be done?

[TBW]
Members
7,567 posts
13,816 battles
54 minutes ago, Nagro15 said:

Solo competitive = ranked. 

Not very solo competitive when they link you with random teams. It should be called are you lucky season, well are ya?

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
208 posts
5,349 battles
18 minutes ago, FatherTyme_1 said:

Ok considering the fact that I am new to the Wargamming forums, I have yet to figure out how to start a response for myself. So with this being said, I have to piggy-back on your post atm.

I have an issue with logging into the game. I am blocked with buffering at the ID and PW stage to where I cant type that info in. How can I fix this or what can be done?

Go to the Support forum: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/forum/125-world-of-warships-feedback-and-bugs/

Then click the Start New Topic button in the upper right-hand corner:

image.png.b9efa65cefac7491115c9c8f5129617d.png

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,470 posts
15,393 battles

many do. its just not called divisions. It's called drop syncing, and while I hate and won't explain how easy it is to take advantage of, I bring it up with the hope that WG changes their que mechanism to help stop this practice. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,777 posts
10,986 battles
8 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

many do. its just not called divisions. It's called drop syncing, and while I hate and won't explain how easy it is to take advantage of, I bring it up with the hope that WG changes their que mechanism to help stop this practice. 

As long as the people sync dropping treat the other people that dropped with them as Red = Dead there is no problem. This would be more of an issue if the top by base experience proposal was in play but even then helping another player in ranked would still be hurting yourself.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,470 posts
15,393 battles
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

As long as the people sync dropping treat the other people that dropped with them as Red = Dead there is no problem. This would be more of an issue if the top by base experience proposal was in play but even then helping another player in ranked would still be hurting yourself.

yes, but that doesn't happen, if the intent is to circumvent the fair system, what makes you thing that said players will be fair in game? especially in voice coms....when they drop three and its two vs one and they are telling each other where to go or allowing their own ship to be killed to funnel xp to their friend.....

I know it doesn't happen often, but there are some that do it non stop. Ever wonder how some in the same clan all rank out at the same time and almost the exact amount of games? 

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,777 posts
10,986 battles
Just now, APA_204 said:

yes, but that doesn't happen, if the intent is to circumvent the fair system, what makes you thing that said players will be fair in game? especially in voice coms....when they drop three and its two vs one and they are telling each other where to go or allowing their own ship to be killed to funnel xp to their friend.....

I know it doesn't happen often, but there are some that do it non stop. Ever wonder how some in the same clan all rank out at the same time and almost the exact amount of games? 

You are correct but unless you can catch them in the act with a replay it is almost impossible to prove. It is also impossible to stop so all we can do is hope that the majority are playing to win and not to sabotage the match in favor of another player.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,470 posts
15,393 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

You are correct but unless you can catch them in the act with a replay it is almost impossible to prove. It is also impossible to stop so all we can do is hope that the majority are playing to win and not to sabotage the match in favor of another player.

Fully agree and it doesn't happen often. Again I only bring it up with the hope that WG reads this and puts the ranked que in some sort of scrambler mode to help stop this practice completely.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,777 posts
10,986 battles
1 hour ago, APA_204 said:

Fully agree and it doesn't happen often. Again I only bring it up with the hope that WG reads this and puts the ranked que in some sort of scrambler mode to help stop this practice completely.

That is a good idea. I wonder how much something like that would impact que times? If they could keep that comfortably under one minute it wouldn't be an issue but there would still need to be a circuit breaker for low population times since Ranked is available 24/7 during the season.