You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Withoutaname

Stop putting my T8 ships in T10

43 comments in this topic

[-TAB-]
Members
17 posts
10,691 battles

And then expecting me to do impossible/suicidal tasks like somehow get close enough for my secondaries to go off without dying.

• Cool 2

[WOLFB]
Members
2,621 posts
10,640 battles

"Stop putting my T6 ship against T8" -T6 player.

• Cool 5

[INTEL]
Members
10,013 posts
28,150 battles

So many threads on this. It's almost like there's something wrong...

[-TAB-]
Members
17 posts
10,691 battles
12 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

"Stop putting my T6 ship against T8" -T6 player.

Except I can actually take on T8s in my T6 Aigle/Shinonome/Graf Spee or what have you, and it didn't involve stupid [edited] missions.

6 minutes ago, Dareios said:

Then dont suicide trying to get your secondaries into bad situations.

I didn't. Do you know how difficult it is to even get into secondary range at T10?

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
1,050 posts
7 minutes ago, Withoutaname said:

I didn't. Do you know how difficult it is to even get into secondary range at T10?

Rereading your original post. That's pretty much exactly what you said.

and yes. mind you, 11km is not that hard to approach, especially after the early rush.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
7 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

What did people want with their Tier VIII's?  To beat up exclusively on Tier VI?

One would have to be top tiered in a tier 8 in order to do that. That never happens, at least to me. I'm always bottom tiered against a crapload of 10s while driving tier 8s.

The only time in a loooong while that I've never been faced with mostly tier 10s while driving a tier 8 ship was in the last ranked season.

[-TAB-]
Members
17 posts
10,691 battles
15 minutes ago, Dareios said:

That's pretty much exactly what you said.

No I didn't. I said the mission was impossible/suicidal to do, not that I managed to "suicide trying to get [my] secondaries into bad situations".

18 minutes ago, Dareios said:

mind you, 11km is not that hard to approach

What the [edited] kind of T8 has 11km secondaries?

Something tells me you don't understand T10 gameplay.

• Boring 1

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
1,050 posts
21 minutes ago, Withoutaname said:

I answer both of your points with a single picture.

shot-18_08.05_18_46.29-0671.thumb.jpg.a008fa76ab7fbc4c56709fdaac6e368f.jpg

• Funny 1

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
2 hours ago, Taichunger said:

So many threads on this. It's almost like there's something wrong...

Well.. nothing is wrong from one perspective, and something is majorly wrong from another.

The other factor contributing to the logjam is that with the permanent camo as popular an option as it is, and WG's unrelenting drive for everyone to embrace T10 gameplay, we get the MM we got for T8 ships. There is little motivation for WG to change it, they want to give us every reason to play T10 even if that means messing up certain tiers in the process. Means to an end. Right now their business mode focus is everyone running glorious T 10 battles.

Been almost 2 years now and there isn't even a hint of it being considered for change by WG.

[1NJS]
Members
398 posts
2,861 battles
1 hour ago, Dareios said:

I answer both of your points with a single picture.

shot-18_08.05_18_46.29-0671.thumb.jpg.a008fa76ab7fbc4c56709fdaac6e368f.jpg

The Massachusetts also has 11.3 KM secondaries on a full secondary build.

• Cool 1

Members
2,072 posts
509 battles
3 hours ago, Withoutaname said:

Except I can actually take on T8s in my T6 Aigle/Shinonome/Graf Spee or what have you, and it didn't involve stupid [edited] missions.

do you know you have MAIN guns that have more range????

qg4p4l6.gif

Members
2,072 posts
509 battles
3 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

One would have to be top tiered in a tier 8 in order to do that. That never happens, at least to me. I'm always bottom tiered against a crapload of 10s while driving tier 8s.

The only time in a loooong while that I've never been faced with mostly tier 10s while driving a tier 8 ship was in the last ranked season.

in a tier 8 ship you WILL BE UP TIRED and also will see tier 6 ships....
Now if you want to see nothing but tier 6 ships... well that's just crazy talk right there.....you have to pick your targets and stay alert, and any tier 8 can do well if you are good at it... if not, play tier ten and be top tier every game...

A Chappy can do really well against tier ten BBs with WASD hacks

Edited by neptunes_wrath

Members
1,484 posts
9,672 battles

Lots of people grinding out the legendary mods at T10 to remain competitive, therefore there are many more than the norm playing at that tier. If you are T8, you should expect to be placed in these matches, especially as a DD. If you don't want to see T10, then simply play T7 ships or less.

[PAT]
Members
1,643 posts
3,695 battles

To be honest, getting into secondary range in a high tier match is not particularly hard. I used to run secondary spec Amagi and found plenty of uses for it. You have to adapt and overcome, using islands is helpful, so is just wait for the endgame and then taking control of caps or brawling in the island filled areas. All that you need to do is use island cover in a clever way, once you do that, the rest should be pretty easy.

• Cool 1

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
681 posts
5,167 battles
4 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

What did people want with their Tier VIII's?  To beat up exclusively on Tier VI?

No they want a balance between T6 and T10 matches.  60% to 80 % T10 matches is not equitable to the player and makes it infinitely  more difficult to upgrade a ship. 

1/3 of matches top tier

1/3 of matches middle tier

1/3 of matches bottom tier

That is equal, fair, balanced, I don't care how you want to describe it, but it is the way ti should be.

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,410 posts
7,339 battles
5 hours ago, Withoutaname said:

And then expecting me to do impossible/suicidal tasks like somehow get close enough for my secondaries to go off without dying.

Perhabs don't rely on your Secondaries for the first stage of the battle, but rather try to have an impact with your main guns? Your Secondaries are what the name implies, a secondary armament. Your primary armament are the 380-410mm guns.

When you find an opponent isolated mid-late game, you can go and use your Secondaries. Just know the timing.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,705 posts
14,133 battles
6 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Yes.

Obviously.

Duh.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Members
370 posts
202 battles
6 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

No, beating up on other tier 8's and getting top tier more than 18% of the time would be nice though.

Beta Testers
1,261 posts
15,358 battles
6 hours ago, Withoutaname said:

No I didn't. I said the mission was impossible/suicidal to do, not that I managed to "suicide trying to get [my] secondaries into bad situations".

Really?  Bismark, Tirpitz and now the Massachussets  are the 3 tier 8s that reach out further than 11km that I know of.