Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tom_Lin

Credits earned after T8

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

35
[AK-47]
Members
206 posts
4,206 battles

Hi there, I just got this game few month ago and grinding my way through IJN BB line. I read some posts online and realized the credits earned is a big issue at high tiers.

I tested this with my Amagi in a CO-OP battle. I played 3 rounds with my Amagi and found out there is a potential of losing credits.

The first round I performed average and lose around 400 credits without premium.

The second round I performed really bad and lose around 20K credits without premium, even with premium, I still lose few hundreds credits.

The third round it pretty much the same as the first round.

 

Here is my problem, I have premium hours and premium camo on my Amagi, but the credits earned is not looking that good in the CO-OP. Does this mean if I don't have the premium hours and camo, playing the game at T8 is likely been losing credits? I kind of feel it is for sure if I play the CO-OP. Will I likely losing more credits in T9 and T10 games?

 

Another funny thing, I just notice the game only show u how much u received(not the net credits earned) in a battle unless u click into the detailed report for credits and xp. The net credits earned is not as good as I imaged before.

I am not really sure how this game calculate the credits earned and the cost of each battle. Really wanna improve my overall credits earn rate.

 

Having around 400K free exp now and close getting Musashi now. Will a T9 Premium earn credit and balance the cost? I have T8 Tirpitz and that ship earn credits even in CO-OP battles.

 

Edited by Tom_Lin
Adding some content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
486 posts
10,329 battles

Co-op is a bad way to earn credits and exp.  If that is your thing, all the power to you.   The difference isn't as bad in randoms, and a Tirpitz (which I own), and a Musashi (which I also own) are close enough in my opinion.  Now if you happened to have a Missouri (which I also own), that thing is a credit monster. 

To figure your ship costs ts simple.  The cost of the ship is the same for that ship no matter what the damage is.   the consumables have a set cost, the only variable is very minor with the ammo.  (extremely minor), so you look at the credits to run the ship and there you go, that is how much you need to break even.  the -10% repair cost flag I use on all tier 8 and up ships.  (except my premium which are reduced).  the 10% bonus to credit income I use only on my premium ships (even though I have 1,100 of them), mainly because I get more credits out of using them on those ships on average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
405
[AP]
Members
1,231 posts
13,223 battles

credit income(or any kind of reward in general) is horrible in coop, plus bot enemies are a lot stronger than weekend potatoes you face in randoms

 

if you switch to random, with premium account and perma camo it should be really easy to maintain overall positive credit gain

 

as for musashi, as long as you are not on premium consumable/credit camouflage, it should be able to earn credit even in coop

Edited by jason199506

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35
[AK-47]
Members
206 posts
4,206 battles
5 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

credit income(or any kind of reward in general) is horrible in coop, plus bot enemies are a lot stronger than weekend potatoes you face in randoms

 

if you switch to random, with premium account and perma camo it should be really easy to maintain overall positive credit gain

 

as for musashi, as long as you are not on premium consumable/credit camouflage, it should be able to earn credit even in coop

Yeah, kind of feel the CO-OP bots are really good at aiming, lol. Not really paying too much attention to the net credits gain till read the post online and tested with CO-OP today. Don't know how I feel that farming from potatoes are easier....

Thanks for the reply.

Edited by Tom_Lin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
460
[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
1,050 posts

Things that may help your credit issue.

Play randoms. They pay a lot better. A Lot!

Buy a premium ship. Most of them print money. Some more than others *cough Mo cough*.

Use camos to reduce maintenance costs per match. This is a big part of your expenses as you go up the tiers. A Yamato has something like 200K per game cost to run. Not including ammo.

Use signals to increase earnings per match.

Survive longer and deal more damage to increase credits earned. XP is connected to winning, credits earned is not.

Dont use premium consumables if you are struggling with credits.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
663
[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,266 posts
5,821 battles

Seeing as you solely play co op with zero random battles played, I feel I am relevant in responding to you as a co op main myself.

 

Yes Tier 8 and up will really eat up your credits if you do not have premium time along with the economic flags.

 

My current setup is that I equip my tier 8s (the ones I've kept) with the premium camo for its -10% service reduction, then the -10% service reduction flag, and I also have the -10% service reduction bonus from my clan. This adds up to a -30% service reduction fee which I believe the service cost for tier 8s in co op would be 56,250 credits (since co op service cost are I believe 25% less compared to random battles), which would mean the -30% service cost would be 39,375 credits for a tier 8 ship.

Earning 40k credits would just break even for service cost of the ship, but there is also ammo cost and if you have any premium consumables equipped, it would further add to the cost. This is what you need in order to make credits in co op for tier 8 and it would cost you real money to have a good stock of flags and premium time.

 

However the credit earning for tier 9 can be better than the tier 8 if you have the same setup I have where the final service cost of a tier 9 ship in co op would be 54k credits and tier 9 ships tends to perform better than tier 8s and thus allows better opportunity to earn more credits.

 

Then at tier 10 this is where things get very interesting for credit earning. With the premium camo, flags, and clan bonus, the total service cost of a tier 10 ship in co op is 40,500 credits, which is roughly the same as a tier 8 ship with all the possible reductions. Also the tier 10 camo gets the +20% credit earning bonus which allows tier 10s to earn even more credits per battle. Tier 10 is the most expensive to set up for because of the 5000 doubloon camo cost, but the benefits are worth it for what it provides.

 

In short, it is very well possible to earn credits in co op in higher tiers, but it does require real money to make it happen.

 

If you enjoy playing your ships in co op, then by all means continue to do so and be warned that random battles are a lot different in its game play than co op and with your battles being all co op, I'd advise to stay stray from it with your top tier ships and begin to learn it from lower tiers to get the hang of how the meta is like in random. I personally don't enjoy random battles for how it plays out and the kind of behaviors that can be found in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35
[AK-47]
Members
206 posts
4,206 battles
12 minutes ago, Valdez_Raptor said:

Co-op is a bad way to earn credits and exp.  If that is your thing, all the power to you.   The difference isn't as bad in randoms, and a Tirpitz (which I own), and a Musashi (which I also own) are close enough in my opinion.  Now if you happened to have a Missouri (which I also own), that thing is a credit monster. 

To figure your ship costs ts simple.  The cost of the ship is the same for that ship no matter what the damage is.   the consumables have a set cost, the only variable is very minor with the ammo.  (extremely minor), so you look at the credits to run the ship and there you go, that is how much you need to break even.  the -10% repair cost flag I use on all tier 8 and up ships.  (except my premium which are reduced).  the 10% bonus to credit income I use only on my premium ships (even though I have 1,100 of them), mainly because I get more credits out of using them on those ships on average.

Thanks for the details!

Does it mean remaining HP at the end of the battle doesn't matter? Does non-premium consumables also have additional cost?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
460
[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
1,050 posts
Just now, Tom_Lin said:

Thanks for the details!

Does it mean remaining HP at the end of the battle doesn't matter? Does non-premium consumables also have additional cost?

you pay the same maintenance fee regardless of whether you limp out with 50HP or cruise through with 100,000.

NON-premium consumables do not have an additional cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35
[AK-47]
Members
206 posts
4,206 battles
5 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Seeing as you solely play co op with zero random battles played, I feel I am relevant in responding to you as a co op main myself.

 

Yes Tier 8 and up will really eat up your credits if you do not have premium time along with the economic flags.

 

My current setup is that I equip my tier 8s (the ones I've kept) with the premium camo for its -10% service reduction, then the -10% service reduction flag, and I also have the -10% service reduction bonus from my clan. This adds up to a -30% service reduction fee which I believe the service cost for tier 8s in co op would be 56,250 credits (since co op service cost are I believe 25% less compared to random battles), which would mean the -30% service cost would be 39,375 credits for a tier 8 ship.

Earning 40k credits would just break even for service cost of the ship, but there is also ammo cost and if you have any premium consumables equipped, it would further add to the cost.

 

This is what you need in order to make credits in co op for tier 8 and it would cost you real money to have a good stock of flags and premium time.

 

However the credit earning for tier 9 can be better than the tier 8 if you have the same setup I have where the final service cost of a tier 9 ship in co op would be 54k credits and tier 9 ships tends to perform better than tier 8s and thus allows better opportunity to earn more credits.

 

Then at tier 10 this is where things get very interesting for credit earning. With the premium camo, flags, and clan bonus, the total service cost of a tier 10 ship in co op is 40,500 credits, which is roughly the same as a tier 8 ship with all the possible reductions. Also the tier 10 camo gets the +20% credit earning bonus which allows tier 10s to earn even more credits per battle. Tier 10 is the most expensive to set up for because of the 5000 doubloon camo cost, but the benefits are worth it for what it provides.

 

In short, it is very well possible to earn credits in co op in higher tiers, but it does require real money to make it happen.

Yeah, I only play CO-OP for a long time. Didn't play random, kind of want to practice with bots after I got this game. Became a habit after playing CO-OP for several month... so didn't even touch random in the end....

Really happy to know there is a way to earn some credits even in CO-OP.

To be honest, I don't really think I gonna play a lot of random since the internet isn't really good for me, pin is not stable even in CO-OP most, sometimes bumping between 30ms and 100ms, don't really wanna be the guy causing my team lose in a random.

I think the service cost for my Amagi is somewhat around 55K? It is really amazing that u can make T10 ship's service cost lower than T8... really amazing.

Thanks for all the details, makes me feels much better while I grinding towards T10. Knowing I won't losing something like 20K credits even in a CO-OP makes it a lot easier.

I already have T10 space camo for G.K. and Moskova, but I haven't grind that far in German BB line and Russian cruiser line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,746
[INTEL]
Members
7,119 posts
29,290 battles

You can earn credits in coop with Premium time, flags, and doing well in battle, just a lot less potential credits as in Randoms. Yes, even at expensive T10.

Losing credits,T10 is expensive) is not a big deal if you have enough of them. How do you do this? (even in coop). Play lower tiers to generate credits that allow you to spend them playing high tiers. Of course premium time, and premium ships, generate more credits. So does having a good battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
281
[WOLF6]
Members
767 posts
4,879 battles

Also join a clan you get an additional -10% service discount that stacks with your flags and camo.

 

tier 10 ships have access to camo that gives you -50% service discount (thats why the permanent camos are expensive $30-something / 5000 doubloons)

 

so with -50% (camo) -10% (india bravo terrathree) and -10% (clan discount) that is -70% off a tier 10 battle

Edited by wtfovr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25,553
[HINON]
Supertester
20,705 posts
14,133 battles

A few things ...

1) The higher the tier of the ship you play, the more expensive it is. This is to encourage the sale of premium time and premium ships. Wargaming is a for-profit company, after all.

2) As said before, random battles yield a lot more credits and XP than coop battles.

3) Consumable camouflages and 'premium' consumables cost a lot of credits per match. Standard consumables do not.

4) Premium ships earn extra credits and are cheaper to repair. Consider investing in a few.

5) Higher tier ships have purchasable permanent camouflages that makes them cheaper to repair.

6) There are signal flags and camouflages that earn extra credits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
348
[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,082 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

A few things ...

1) The higher the tier of the ship you play, the more expensive it is. This is to encourage the sale of premium time and premium ships. Wargaming is a for-profit company, after all.

2) As said before, random battles yield a lot more credits and XP than coop battles.

3) Consumable camouflages and 'premium' consumables cost a lot of credits per match. Standard consumables do not.

4) Premium ships earn extra credits and are cheaper to repair. Consider investing in a few.

5) Higher tier ships have purchasable permanent camouflages that makes them cheaper to repair.

6) There are signal flags and camouflages that earn extra credits.

1) As it should be. They give us a great game that looks amazing and I've happily invested into the game numerous times and will probably do so even more going forward

2) I'm not sure why they chose this method but it's been so many years since I started playing that I've just bought into the PvP vs PvE credit distribution.

3) Naked ships are naked...and there is a reason it's socially unacceptable to go out naked. Spend the creds. And as far as consumables go not every ship needs every consumable to be the premier version...spend wisely. But spend!

4) While the game may be free the folks working on it aren't. This one I can't emphasize enough, buy a ship. There are so many premium ships available at any given time that you can surely find one that both matches your need for a trainer ship and also is a ship that you can enjoy playing. If you want to be a free to play person please buy a ship, it's a one time investment that pays off in you not having to stress about currency down the line.

5) Again if you find a high tier ship you really really enjoy buy the perm camo and do the same as above.

6) Use flags, and when you get the daily crates you can collect I highly suggest going with the flag giving crates. Flags are such a bonus in this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
101
[DOG]
Members
591 posts
7,389 battles

I pretty much play only random battles, and maybe the occasional mission.  Even in random matches, the first time I earned a tier IX ship (either Fletcher or Z-46 I think), I had a rude awakening in one of the first matches I played with  it.  Most of my team, and apparently the whole enemy team, went to go fight over cap C.  I went to A, planning to cap it and head back to C, capping B along the way.  One of our cruisers followed me.  Since we weren't certain exactly where all the reds were at first, we moved with caution, not wanting to get ambushed.  By the time we capped A, all the reds were spotted over at C, so we blew through B as fast as we could.  But we were still too late.  By the time we got to C, our team was just finishing the mopping up.  I think I got to fire 1 or 2 salvoes from my guns before the match ended in a win for our team.  I didn't fire any torpedoes the whole match.  My combined damage, both inflicted and received, was maybe 200 HP.  I didn't spot anything or start any fires.  My only achievement was assisting in the capture of 2 areas.  I ended up losing around 90,000 credits, IIRC.  And that's with essentially no damage to repair and no ammunitions to restock.

Since that game, I think WG may have changed how points are earned, at least a little.  Damage is still king, of course.  But I think when they did the patch that added the ribbon for spotting they also upped the number of points you receive for it.  At least it seemed that way to me.  But it could be my imagination, prodded by the visible token of the spotting ribbon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
405
[AP]
Members
1,231 posts
13,223 battles
8 hours ago, Tom_Lin said:

To be honest, I don't really think I gonna play a lot of random since the internet isn't really good for me, pin is not stable even in CO-OP most, sometimes bumping between 30ms and 100ms, don't really wanna be the guy causing my team lose in a random.

dood, under 100ping is considered very stable 

ping only starts becoming noticible after ping gets 200 or so

your ping is fine

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,729
[PVE]
Members
14,980 posts
9,575 battles
9 hours ago, Tom_Lin said:

Hi there, I just got this game few month ago and grinding my way through IJN BB line. I read some posts online and realized the credits earned is a big issue at high tiers.

I tested this with my Amagi in a CO-OP battle. I played 3 rounds with my Amagi and found out there is a potential of losing credits.

The first round I performed average and lose around 400 credits without premium.

The second round I performed really bad and lose around 20K credits without premium, even with premium, I still lose few hundreds credits.

The third round it pretty much the same as the first round.

 

Here is my problem, I have premium hours and premium camo on my Amagi, but the credits earned is not looking that good in the CO-OP. Does this mean if I don't have the premium hours and camo, playing the game at T8 is likely been losing credits? I kind of feel it is for sure if I play the CO-OP. Will I likely losing more credits in T9 and T10 games?

 

Another funny thing, I just notice the game only show u how much u received(not the net credits earned) in a battle unless u click into the detailed report for credits and xp. The net credits earned is not as good as I imaged before.

I am not really sure how this game calculate the credits earned and the cost of each battle. Really wanna improve my overall credits earn rate.

 

Having around 400K free exp now and close getting Musashi now. Will a T9 Premium earn credit and balance the cost? I have T8 Tirpitz and that ship earn credits even in CO-OP battles.

 

:Lots of good info in the thread. Here is the wiki for it all in one place.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy

 

Here is the link directly to the service cost for taking your ship into battle. As others have said, if you are sunk or survive with 100% of your HP, the cost is the same.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Operating_Cost

 

If you will notice on the service cost chart, your Alabama with perma-camo will save 20k credits over your Amagi with perma-camo on service cost. So you could play the Alabama when you play the Amagi to make up for the credit difference.

 

I do highly recommend to start PvP play in the lower tiers to get used to how PvP plays. You can be way more aggressive in PvE than you can get away with in PvP. As you go up in the PvP tiers, the meta gets more cautious IMO. You don't have to play one or the other, you can play both. I'm a PvE main, but I play roughly 1 PvP game for every 8 PvE games I play.

 

We don't have any open spots in PvE clan right now, but there are a lot of solo and/or co-op clans you can join to get an extra -10% service cost if they have built those buildings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35
[AK-47]
Members
206 posts
4,206 battles
41 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

:Lots of good info in the thread. Here is the wiki for it all in one place.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy

 

Here is the link directly to the service cost for taking your ship into battle. As others have said, if you are sunk or survive with 100% of your HP, the cost is the same.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Operating_Cost

 

If you will notice on the service cost chart, your Alabama with perma-camo will save 20k credits over your Amagi with perma-camo on service cost. So you could play the Alabama when you play the Amagi to make up for the credit difference.

 

I do highly recommend to start PvP play in the lower tiers to get used to how PvP plays. You can be way more aggressive in PvE than you can get away with in PvP. As you go up in the PvP tiers, the meta gets more cautious IMO. You don't have to play one or the other, you can play both. I'm a PvE main, but I play roughly 1 PvP game for every 8 PvE games I play.

 

We don't have any open spots in PvE clan right now, but there are a lot of solo and/or co-op clans you can join to get an extra -10% service cost if they have built those buildings.

Thanks for the links, didn't notice WG actually posted those on the Wiki page.

It is amazing how much premium ships save in terms of services cost and how much they gain in terms of additional credits. Definitely gonna save my free exp for a T9 premium.

Kind of feel T8 perma-camo is not that effective since it only reduces 10% service cost.

Wondering which tier is the most profitable tier in this game. Hope things gonna get better after T8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,930
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,860 posts
8,915 battles
11 hours ago, Tom_Lin said:

I tested this with my Amagi in a CO-OP battle. I played 3 rounds with my Amagi and found out there is a potential of losing credits

xhss9.jpg

though i can still manage to pull a bit of profit from taking a T8 out into Co Op, T9 and T10 however, unless they're premium ships, expect to lose credits everytime with those, but pulling a profit or at least breaking even in a T8 in Co Op isnt too hard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,729
[PVE]
Members
14,980 posts
9,575 battles
1 hour ago, Tom_Lin said:

Thanks for the links, didn't notice WG actually posted those on the Wiki page.

It is amazing how much premium ships save in terms of services cost and how much they gain in terms of additional credits. Definitely gonna save my free exp for a T9 premium.

Kind of feel T8 perma-camo is not that effective since it only reduces 10% service cost.

Wondering which tier is the most profitable tier in this game. Hope things gonna get better after T8.

You are welcome. THe wiki has a lot of good info.

 

10 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

xhss9.jpg

though i can still manage to pull a bit of profit from taking a T8 out into Co Op, T9 and T10 however, unless they're premium ships, expect to lose credits everytime with those, but pulling a profit or at least breaking even in a T8 in Co Op isnt too hard

I can make credits on T8+ in co-op. I run premium time and premium camo and am in a clan with the -10% service cost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×