You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Jagdhund1

More questions on navel bases.

3 comments in this topic

[1230]
Members
24 posts
5,248 battles

I thought I saw somewhere that 1 coal equaled x amount of oil. Can one exchange units of coal into units of oil. I saw no reference to that in the sight I was sent to.

In looking for a clan to apply to I was looking at clans with members with a simular battle average as myself. However those bases have built no facilities as of yet.

I have received an invitation from a clan whose member's avgs are much higher than mine and this base has built extensive structures  I wouldn't want to be accepted into a clan and not be able to perform close to the other members thus getting discarded.

However I also realise that going thru the building process of a navel base with a clan can also be a rewarding experience and is (as I see it) the real objective of the game.

Thoughts on this would be highly appreciated.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,299 posts
14,440 battles

Our clan has picked up 2 new members who are just starting out at tier 4.

The advantages are( For new player) a mentor to help them improve.

For the mentor, chances to play lower tier ships you normally do not.

Also l, with a fully upgraded clan, you will reap benefits of lower operating costs and  lower research costs of ships up to tier 8.

[CUTIE]
Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles
1 hour ago, Marius_60 said:

I thought I saw somewhere that 1 coal equaled x amount of oil. Can one exchange units of coal into units of oil. I saw no reference to that in the sight I was sent to.

What you most likely saw was from the initial launch of the coal & steel currencies--when they were first introduced a couple months ago, veteran players were credited with X amount of coal for each unit of oil they had earned previously.  This was the only time the two resources were exchanged for one another, and it was done behind the scenes by WarGaming; at present, you cannot (directly*) exchange coal for oil.  You also cannot change coal for steel, although you can exchange steel for coal.

Note that there are numerous clans with low (or no) recruiting requirements and who already have fully maxed out bases, so even as a fairly new player you shouldn't have any trouble finding a good one to join.

*While you cannot simply exchange coal for oil, you do receive oil for every container that you open while a member of a clan.  So buying special containers with coal will net you a small amount of oil, although I can't think of a scenario where I would recommend buying containers just for the oil.