Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mustangman6579

Are we just going to keep overlooking the fact the fire damage is out of control again?

68 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

309
[DNGRZ]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,253 posts
5,748 battles

Because you SHOULD have more HP done in fire vs any other damage to you right?

shot-18.07.28_22.48.38-0866.jpg

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,955
[SYN]
Members
7,415 posts
12,523 battles

No, you shouldn't have more fire damage done to you than other damage. 

You should learn to manage your DCP better and make use of the plethora of mods and skills that mitigate fires.

Ps, Also... you can repair i think 100% of fire damage so... use your repair consumable to remove all the fire damage. Problem solved.

 

  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
506 posts

This is a gentle sign to priority target radar cruisers. Too many BBs focus on shooting other BBs at 16km, and don't shoot at the Worcesters, Des Moines, Clevelands, and Seattles that they should be targeting. If you are a BB and focus on the wrong ships, you have only yourself to blame for fire damage.

  • Cool 9
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
386
[SFBBW]
Beta Testers
1,120 posts
8,845 battles

Mea culpa, I'm going to have to admit I'm part of the problem - DE secondary build Massachusetts - I've had matches where fully 2/3 of my total damage was due to secondary hits and fires. You can blame Flamu for pointing out that BB secondarys don't follow the same "shooting from smoke" detection rules as main guns.....:Smile_hiding:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
863
[WOLFB]
Members
2,631 posts
10,657 battles
7 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

We cruiser players feel the same when angling does nothing but triple cits. 

 

Nah it's not the same thing.

It often takes 1 BB to delete 1 cruiser but in the OP case, several CA and DD probably worked together to burn him down and in this game, team work shouldn't be allowed because it kills BB. Actually everything that scratches BB paint should be nerf because we all know BB are supposed to be Gods in this game and other ship are merely toys for BB. 

 

 

  • Cool 9
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
171
[AAA]
Members
502 posts
8,192 battles
9 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

 

Nah it's not the same thing.

It often takes 1 BB to delete 1 cruiser but in the OP case, several CA and DD probably worked together to burn him down and in this game, team work shouldn't be allowed because it kills BB. Actually everything that scratches BB paint should be nerf because we all know BB are supposed to be Gods in this game and other ship are merely toys for BB. 

 

 

Sorry for the misconceptions :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,242
Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

Damn! I wish I could do 69k of fire damage to a BB. My record is a mere 49k done to a Yamato by my Henri IV.  :Smile_playing:

As long as BBs can multi-cit Cruisers in one salvo, and priority target Cruisers over anything else for that reason, I'll have zero sympathy for BBs getting fried by Cruiser HE.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,249 posts
9,061 battles

I cornered a over zealous Cleveland tonight in my Bismarck as he came around an island at close range. I have a full secondary build including the flags, so things got unpleasant and toasty for him real fast. He took off half my health but I burnt him to a cinder. Only then did I DC.

The way cruisers get smacked around in high tiers HE fires are their only balance. Sick of seeing it spammed by other BBs though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,311
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,760 posts
15,957 battles
6 hours ago, mustangman6579 said:

Because you SHOULD have more HP done in fire vs any other damage to you right?

Yes ... Yes you should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,795
Alpha Tester
7,113 posts
3,722 battles

So OP doesn't use DCP and Repair Party properly it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
883
[FML]
Members
2,547 posts
12,119 battles
6 hours ago, mustangman6579 said:

Because you SHOULD have more HP done in fire vs any other damage to you right?

 

Explain how else smaller ships - cruisers in particular - are to deal damage to enemy capital ships on a fair basis other than fire, then.  

Just chip damage of 6 inch AP to the superstructure?  No dodging that! No instant heals!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
191 posts
40 battles

NC game from yesterday in a T10 game. OP please notice the following:

1. I had 1mil more potential damage than you, despite you are T10 and I am T8. And I actually lived in this game, with all 5 heals used.

2. I only taken half the amount of fire damage despite having one more fire dot taken than you. This is all done by superior DCP usage, as I never taken more than 40k fire damage per game unless I screw up badly or I let it burn for AR.

3. Notice how I took 50k HE damage with less shells than you, you ate 140 HE shells against my 80 shells. I was at one time focused by two Charles, one Worcester, a Moskva, and a Richelieu shooting HE. The reason is that I preplan an exit strategy and have DCP and repair ready before taking the fight. I did 26k to Worcester(he was finished off by another BB) and one of the Charles in one salvo, 10k to another Charles, both Charles bailed instantly, then also forced Moskva away and only had to deal with Richelieu, which I planned my route and position in advance. BB positioning and target priorities is a lesson everyone who loves playing BB need to take. Nothing is a better trainer than the NC for this.

shot-18_08.04_20_54.33-0361.thumb.jpg.9e5afdbec76208a087dd4d5fdb0231ad.jpg

Edited by CCloak
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,495
[WOLF3]
Members
19,800 posts
18,210 battles

1yzpp9.jpg

 

A Battleship fires an AP salvo and 1-2 shots a Cruiser high HP levels to "Back to Port HP Levels," that's perfectly acceptable

Some Cruiser does lots and lots of hits against a Battleship hoping to land some fires and cause a fire damage DOT that Repair Party repairs 100% of anyways.  People suddenly lose their friggin' minds.

 

 

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,929
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,515 posts
6,190 battles
5 hours ago, Retnav54 said:

Mea culpa, I'm going to have to admit I'm part of the problem - DE secondary build Massachusetts - I've had matches where fully 2/3 of my total damage was due to secondary hits and fires. You can blame Flamu for pointing out that BB secondarys don't follow the same "shooting from smoke" detection rules as main guns.....:Smile_hiding:

 

Please share your build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
18 minutes ago, CCloak said:

BB positioning and target priorities is a lesson everyone who loves playing BB need to take. Nothing is a better trainer than the NC for this.

shot-18_08.04_20_54.33-0361.thumb.jpg.9e5afdbec76208a087dd4d5fdb0231ad.jpg

Yeah, well bad news. With the vast majority of BB players taking such a heavy casual approach to learning this game,and these types of thread will continue until the last match is played.

I'd be willing to bet many people play BB under the impression they dont need to learn that "stuff" to play BB in the first place. 

Not saying other classes don't get their share of bads... but y'know.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,873
[SBS]
Members
3,998 posts
2,408 battles

OP, get used to being killed faster, and more often.  WG is making ships more and more lethal all the time.  Main battery reload booster anyone?  Its the direction WG has decided to take the game, for better or worse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,149
[NG-NL]
Members
5,791 posts
9,443 battles

Fire damage is only annoying when your DCP and RP are on CD and someone is still smacking you around with AP.

I run DCP module and fire reduction flag on my FDG. Each fire does around 9K damage from 37-second duration.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
771
[TDRB]
Members
2,679 posts
7,736 battles
9 hours ago, guns_at_last_light said:

This is a gentle sign to priority target radar cruisers. Too many BBs focus on shooting other BBs at 16km, and don't shoot at the Worcesters, Des Moines, Clevelands, and Seattles that they should be targeting. If you are a BB and focus on the wrong ships, you have only yourself to blame for fire damage.

I wish BB's would focus on other BB's when I drive a cruiser. Also when I'm driving a BB I look for cruisers. They help improve my stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
821
[INTEL]
Members
1,344 posts
11,264 battles

 BB players kill me. They play a class that can outright delete any ship of the other three classes with one volley but think HE/Fire damage is an unacceptable problem.

Suck

It

up

Buttercup

I think I'll go play my Conq and then start a thread about how AP damage must be nerfed.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,267 posts
15,407 battles
10 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

No, you shouldn't have more fire damage done to you than other damage. 

You should learn to manage your DCP better and make use of the plethora of mods and skills that mitigate fires.

Ps, Also... you can repair i think 100% of fire damage so... use your repair consumable to remove all the fire damage. Problem solved.

 

In my Republique I seek fire so that I can utilize my adrenaline rush!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
588 posts
699 battles
4 hours ago, Madwolf05 said:

So OP doesn't use DCP and Repair Party properly it seems.

I love how HE spammers keep trotting this out like it actually means something.  It's almost like they think DCP makes a ship immune to the guaranteed damage HE shells do that enables to pound through a repair party like it isn't there or instantly light another three fires after ten to fifteen seconds pass.

Whats the cooldown on the island your hiding behind?

Edited by Highlord
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×