Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sweetsie

Anyone else afraid to play the 52?

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,104
[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,461 posts
15,374 battles

I don't have the guts to play this thing anymore, 10k torps makes me feel like its a tier 6 ship. Four to five radars plus some hydro.... I even busted out the Groz, at least it now has heals and still has good guns. Poor 52 is like a relic, ok ill go into the cap and hydro...…...wait, why am I being radared for 3.5 minutes straight...…...

Give this poor girl 12.5k torps...

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,292
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,746 posts
15,946 battles
15 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

Give this poor girl 12.5k torps...

Yes, it's amazing how many DDs have torp ranges which are shorter than the radars they face, starting with the Kami's at tier 5 and moving right up to tier 10.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
126
[MKF]
Members
452 posts
16,621 battles

I still play mine regularly, I just play it a bit more carefully 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
346
[BROOK]
Members
1,634 posts
1 hour ago, APA_204 said:

I don't have the guts to play this thing anymore, 10k torps makes me feel like its a tier 6 ship. Four to five radars plus some hydro.... I even busted out the Groz, at least it now has heals and still has good guns. Poor 52 is like a relic, ok ill go into the cap and hydro...…...wait, why am I being radared for 3.5 minutes straight...…...

Give this poor girl 12.5k torps...

Okay.

Edited by TheGreatBlasto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,050 posts
4,671 battles
41 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

I don't have the guts to play this thing anymore, 10k torps makes me feel like its a tier 6 ship. Four to five radars plus some hydro.... I even busted out the Groz, at least it now has heals and still has good guns. Poor 52 is like a relic, ok ill go into the cap and hydro...…...wait, why am I being radared for 3.5 minutes straight...…...

Give this poor girl 12.5k torps...

No, want long range torps, play IJN or USN dds, trade offs...

On a separate note, everyone knows that 3+ radars on one team is cancer, through land radar is cancer, spot for everyone radar is cancer. There is no cure.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
78
[AFK]
[AFK]
Members
411 posts
9,845 battles

Except problem with chain radar, the Z52 is a better T10 DD in FFA. This 6km hydro is fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
414 posts
1 hour ago, Vaitmana said:

radar is cancer, spot for everyone radar is cancer. There is no cure.

YY can still torp from out of radar range at 13km, Shima can torp from 12-20km, gearing can torp from 16km. Z-52 is severely handicapped when it comes to torping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
506 posts

I wouldn't say that I'm afraid of playing the Z-52 as much as I question getting more T10 DDs in the current meta. I'll still get the Z-52 and Khab, but it looks like I should be laser focusing cruiser grinding for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,050 posts
4,671 battles
18 minutes ago, pinkship9001 said:

YY can still torp from out of radar range at 13km, Shima can torp from 12-20km, gearing can torp from 16km. Z-52 is severely handicapped when it comes to torping.

I pretend pa dd line does not exist, the gimmicky mishmash of 2nd hand DDs...

Shimas 20km torps are torps that only hit afks. And it is a boat that has lowest HP, worst turning guns, and worst reaction time for torps, the only thing going for her are 3x5 launchers and 23k damaging torps that barely hit anything. If Z52 had 12km torps, it would be OP af.

I am pretty sure majority of gearing captains will slot Fletcher 10.5km torps, as soon as they are able for 19k damage. Also, gearing is inferior to z52 in cap contesting, so there is that. YY is practically gearing with better torps and radar.

Edited by Vaitmana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
414 posts
39 minutes ago, Vaitmana said:

I pretend pa dd line does not exist, the gimmicky mishmash of 2nd hand DDs...

Shimas 20km torps are torps that only hit afks. And it is a boat that has lowest HP, worst turning guns, and worst reaction time for torps, the only thing going for her are 3x5 launchers and 23k damaging torps that barely hit anything. If Z52 had 12km torps, it would be OP af.

I am pretty sure majority of gearing captains will slot Fletcher 10.5km torps, as soon as they are able for 19k damage. Also, gearing is inferior to z52 in cap contesting, so there is that. YY is practically gearing with better torps and radar.

The YY is the most played DD in competitive games. No idea why you would pretend it doesn't exist. It does. And it's very strong. Gearing will be a Z52 in a knife fight easily unless the gearing potatoes and sails flat broadside to it the entire time. The fletcher torps for the gearing are available, and I nor anybody I play with uses them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×