Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ricky_Racer

REPORT WG (Instead of Ingaming reports for AFK)

8 comments in this topic

[-V-]
Members
217 posts
830 battles

I have recorded, 9.3% of the time, someone was AFK during a battle.

It shouldn't matter if the player had a legitimate excuse, WG should be able to replace the player.

In the "report" dialog within the game, there is the "REPORT" a player,  (whatever) but, when it comes to a player being AFK, this should be the responsibility of WG.

Simply put, if a player is AFK, regardless of the reason, they should be replaced.

My own personal view.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,456 posts
15,368 battles
2 minutes ago, Ricky_Racer said:

It shouldn't matter if the player had a legitimate excuse, WG should be able to replace the player.

In the "report" dialog within the game, there is the "REPORT" a player,  (whatever) but, when it comes to a player being AFK, this should be the responsibility of WG.

Simply put, if a player is AFK, regardless of the reason, they should be replaced.

My own personal view.

tough call, I report anyone that plays a Khab, shoots at me or doesn't wear camo, green or red. I usually run our of reports in my first game of the day. As my friends once said...

Image result for let it be

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLFB]
Members
2,621 posts
10,640 battles

Do you prefer :

Having an AFK team mate who's sitting in base or 

Having WG bot that sail in straight line and drop torps at red target even if he's behind a friendly ship ?

While I understand the feeling, with WG bot, I don't think it's a good idea to have a bot playing . 

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
468 posts
5,348 battles

I think that after the first 5 min, remove or replace the bote with a bot.

keep the ship out of port til end of match and give 0 XP

Members
506 posts

There have been a number of comments as of late regarding people having 1) poor connections, and 2) old computers. These players are the most likely to be AFK, but there is very little that teammates can do about it. WG has to do something about these folks, but I don't know what precisely. I say that if you don't load into the game within 90 seconds, a bot takes over. If it happens to you for more than X number of games in a session, you turn pink. In short: get a better computer and a better connection, or don't play.

[RKLES]
Members
8,959 posts
10,828 battles
2 hours ago, Ricky_Racer said:

My own personal view.

Not every player that is AFK is AFK, some get disconnected by in game issues.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,270 battles

Listen, and understand! That AFK Ship is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear! And it absolutely will almost not stop.

Sign in to follow this