You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Finnkax

Do not buy Boise - 13.8 km range tier 9 ??

39 comments in this topic

[PIZZA]
Members
875 posts
9,482 battles

Boise tier 7 - wrong tier. 13.6 km range?? Tier 6 russia destroyer outranges you right away with propper captain perk. But in tier 9 game Boise is joke.

Your only hope will be MM and if it gives your decent games. Standard 50 % winrate semiagressive player is ffffff.....d. Play passive - very passive. 

WG - can I have my money back? Unless WG drops it to tier 6 or give 1.5 km more range. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[13CLM]
Members
310 posts
1,972 battles

Why did you purchase the ship knowing the low range of the guns?

• Cool 1

[PIZZA]
Members
875 posts
9,482 battles
9 minutes ago, Markk9 said:

Why did you purchase the ship knowing the low range of the guns?

WERY GOOD question! 

Edited by Finnkax
  • Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,055 posts
5,820 battles

at least the shells are not atlanta tier,no more space gun arcs.

[PIZZA]
Members
875 posts
9,482 battles
Just now, Cruxdei said:

at least the shells are not atlanta tier,no more space gun arcs.

Atlanta is wayy better.

[-K-]
Members
6,263 posts
10,474 battles

Considering the mantra of most of the USN light cruisers is to hug islands and play from cover, I don't see this being an issue.  Learn and adapt.

Your fault for not doing proper research first, knowing full well T7s get uptiered into T9 matches.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,055 posts
5,820 battles
4 minutes ago, Finnkax said:

Atlanta is wayy better.

no need to throw you anger on poor boise/ndj.

they are fine,that heal is complete [edited],capable of  negating all the enemy salvo with one button.

Members
2,165 posts
4,892 battles

Atlanta is definitely not a comfortable experience in a Tier 9 match, especially on a big map with lots of space between cover and / or little cover, but I've had some decent matches at Tier 9 in the Atlanta. I rely less on dealing damage at everything in a Tier 8/9 match when playing the Atlanta, I deal damage more strategically (assisting through harassment and killing destroyers) and try to gain more experience from base defenses and caps (not that I wouldn't do those things in a top tier game), having an EXP modifier means if I did alright in a Tier 8/9 match I can end up in the Top 4. Don't know about Boise because I bought her but haven't played her yet, but they should really get her speed up to the historical 32.5 knots because having less range, reload, and maneuverability versus the tech tree Helena just to balance out the heal is enough nerfing.

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu
  • Cool 1

[BROOK]
Members
1,634 posts
Just now, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Atlanta is definitely not a comfortable experience in a Tier 9 match, especially on a big map with lots of space between cover and / or little cover, but I've had some decent matches at Tier 9 in the Atlanta. Don't know about Boise because I bought her but haven't played her yet, but they should really get her speed up to the historical 32.5 knots because having less range, reload, and maneuverability versus the tech tree Helena just to balance out the heal is enough nerfing.

I love the new Cleveland but in a T10 game it's pretty much a combat ineffective.

:Smile_child:

• Cool 1

[HELLS]
Members
2,100 posts
20,015 battles

Just have to be careful. The heal is the compensation for the range nerf. The arcs are high enough to farm damage from behind cover. I bought her knowing the disadvantages because i have Helena already and they are basically the same hull, plus I get a crack at winning Nuevo De Julio. The dispersion is tight. The speed should be buffed by three quarters of a knot.

Members
2,165 posts
4,892 battles
Just now, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Just have to be careful. The heal is the compensation for the range nerf. The arcs are high enough to farm damage from behind cover. I bought her knowing the disadvantages because i have Helena already and they are basically the same hull, plus I get a crack at winning Nuevo De Julio. The dispersion is tight. The speed should be buffed by three quarters of a knot.

I disagree about the speed, Boise needs its WW2 historical top speed of 32.5 knots like almost every other USN CL / CA. It has nerfed range, reload, and turning compared to its tech tree cousin, why not be kinder (and a bit more historically accurate) and at least give her the historical top speed so she can go to places and run away better?

• Cool 4

[TBW]
Members
7,528 posts
13,808 battles
38 minutes ago, Finnkax said:

Boise tier 7 - wrong tier. 13.6 km range?? Tier 6 russia destroyer outranges you right away with propper captain perk. But in tier 9 game Boise is joke.

I bought Nu-eve and love it, I will get the Boise from the Mission. I bought Nu-eve with the 10 point captain since it's a stand alone ship and I have 19 point captains to put in the Boise which comes with a six point captain from the mission. I would rather have the extra four points on Nu-eve instead of having to grind them. These ships are fantastic in Narai and I hope the other tier 7 scenarios too.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,816 posts
8,034 battles

I haven't minded Boise. Range is a thing but then again the entire US cruiser line in both branches frustratingly play exactly the same... 

Why have two lines that play the same [edited]way? 

It's stupid... but- it's the way things are so... yeah. 

Yay.

[PVE]
Members
14,981 posts
9,575 battles
48 minutes ago, Finnkax said:

Your only hope will be MM and if it gives your decent games. Standard 50 % winrate semiagressive player is ffffff.....d. Play passive - very passive. 

WG - can I have my money back? Unless WG drops it to tier 6 or give 1.5 km more range. 

I bought Nueve de Julio knowing the range was short. The heal is amazing. I have done well for me in PvP in the few days I have had it. Boise and Nueve de Julio are the same ship, with different names and flags. Both the Boise and NdJ are doing well so far compared to other T7 cruisers.

P9qqWMU.jpg

• Cool 1

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,215 posts
5,381 battles

I just play very cautiously.  I nailed a Neptune for almost a dev strike and have top of the board both my tier 9 matches...

• Cool 1

[PIZZA]
Members
875 posts
9,482 battles
11 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

I haven't minded Boise. Range is a thing but then again the entire US cruiser line in both branches frustratingly play exactly the same... 

Light cruiser line will be very thin played. Hardcores has done it so papperships are over. 

Members
1,050 posts
4,671 battles
34 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

Why have two lines that play the same [edited]way? 

It's stupid... but- it's the way things are so... yeah. 

Yay.

Slot spotter plane consumable and suddenly both lines play completely different. But everyone gravitates to easiest brain dead things.

[PIZZA]
Members
875 posts
9,482 battles

Can Boise have RUSSIAN DD:s 130 mm guns? 

Ou... I do not mentioned anything about bias....

Thing is ultimate arcs or no arcs. Something between this AND YOU GET xxxxxxxxxxx. Islands and height of islands is now major factor. WG pretty much very strictly calculates how high islands should be. Atlanta goes over that in many case and is some cases op. 

Members
2,165 posts
4,892 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

I bought Nueve de Julio knowing the range was short. The heal is amazing. I have done well for me in PvP in the few days I have had it. Boise and Nueve de Julio are the same ship, with different names and flags. Both the Boise and NdJ are doing well so far compared to other T7 cruisers.

P9qqWMU.jpg

Sample size is still very small and subject to lots of fluctuation, I'd say even Helena could use a larger sample size to gain a better statistical picture, but judging from Helena I think Boise and her Argentinian floating jail version would also do quite well for a Tier 7 cruiser. Overall the US light cruiser line and some recent premiums like the Mass show that US ships aren't necessarily destined to be underdogs in the statistical department compared to their other national peers. 

1 hour ago, FCA_Wichita said:

I just play very cautiously.  I nailed a Neptune for almost a dev strike and have top of the board both my tier 9 matches...

I enjoy it when a Tier 8 or 9 cruiser driven by a likely below average player thinks it's fine to duel me because I'm a tier or two lower than them. Many end up regretting it, when I start kiting away and pumping out 15 IFHE shells, setting fires, and they can't angle to save their life. Then, when higher tier light cruisers show broadside, they forget that 152mm shells can still nail them in the citadel. However, well-driven higher tier cruisers, especially heavy cruisers, will still chew me up. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
14,981 posts
9,575 battles
30 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Sample size is still very small and subject to lots of fluctuation, I'd say even Helena could use a larger sample size to gain a better statistical picture, but judging from Helena I think Boise and her Argentinian floating jail version would also do quite well for a Tier 7 cruiser. Overall the US light cruiser line and some recent premiums like the Mass show that US ships aren't necessarily destined to be underdogs in the statistical department compared to their other national peers. 

It is still early days, which is why I threw out the sheet anchor of 'so far'. Things may change, but I like her so far in co-op and PvP.

[INTEL]
Members
10,025 posts
28,175 battles
18 hours ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

I disagree about the speed, Boise needs its WW2 historical top speed of 32.5 knots like almost every other USN CL / CA. It has nerfed range, reload, and turning compared to its tech tree cousin, why not be kinder (and a bit more historically accurate) and at least give her the historical top speed so she can go to places and run away better?

Yeah, i dont understand the gimped speed at all. 

Members
2,165 posts
4,892 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

Yeah, i dont understand the gimped speed at all. 

It's unhistorical, and excessive. In fact, I'd give Boise a 9.5 second reload instead of 10 seconds for a buff. 30.0 knots for a cruiser is not fast enough to get you out of trouble when enemies are determined to chase you.

• Cool 2

[PIZZA]
Members
875 posts
9,482 battles
52 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

Do not buy Atlanta either! 13.3km max gun range, you will not be happy.

13.8 is a party!

I have Atlanta and it is very great ship! Totally different than that P-O-S Boise. Turning - speed - high enough shell arc makes Atlanta very best special bååtte. Boise has not those skills. 

Effective premium must have some special or othervise it it to dull yo play. 

And I miss old Cleveland - thats why I made Boise-mistake.