Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HooplaJones

New Game Launcher is undeniably terrible

16 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
603 posts
13,160 battles

The new launcher is so bad I can't even give it the terribad name it is that bad.  My boys share a computer and they are now logging on to each others accounts inadvertently.  The game shows one users logon then logs on the person who launched the launcher.   Seriously this is just a terrible interface.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,714 posts
3,833 battles

Told you so, if you want it gone. You’ll have to uninstall each game one by one and then the Wgc itself. Then go find on old launcher file and redo load from there. It looks like it hasn’t been improved that much. I feel your pain as I dealt with the launcher for a good 3 months.

[PVE]
Members
14,984 posts
9,575 battles

I'm the only one in the house who plays WoWs, so I don't have that problem with multiple accounts. I also have not had other problems that people have reported with the WGC since I installed it at the beginning of the year. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,452 posts
20,379 battles
17 minutes ago, HooplaJones said:

The new launcher is so bad I can't even give it the terribad name it is that bad.  My boys share a computer and they are now logging on to each others accounts inadvertently.  The game shows one users logon then logs on the person who launched the launcher.   Seriously this is just a terrible interface.

Yeah the new Launcher does not take into consideration multiple accounts on the same computer. That is a huge oversight on their part and one that is easy to fix. All they need is the option to "turn off auto login" under settings. Most people probably don't share a computer so it isn't an issue, but for those families who do share, this is a big deal and needs addressing. Auto login is a nice feature to have for many of us, but IMHO whoever designed it probably doesn't have a family and didn't think about those who do. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
7,567 posts
13,816 battles
17 minutes ago, HooplaJones said:

Just make a short cut to the EXE and bypass the launcher completely. C:\Games\World_of_Warships then make a shortcut to WorldOfWarships application.

[DPG]
Members
1,408 posts
6,016 battles

There is a little head icon in the lower left that lets you log out or change the account.  I believe that's the universal "user" icon for pretty much everything.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,452 posts
20,379 battles
2 hours ago, Amenhir said:

There is a little head icon in the lower left that lets you log out or change the account.  I believe that's the universal "user" icon for pretty much everything.

Amenhir is correct, you can click on that icon in the lower right hand corner of the Launcher and log out. 

I did not know the head was the universal symbol for that though, nice information to have Amen, thanks. 

[DPG]
Members
1,408 posts
6,016 battles
7 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Amenhir is correct, you can click on that icon in the lower right hand corner of the Launcher and log out. 

I did not know the head was the universal symbol for that though, nice information to have Amen, thanks. 

I didn't even check that at first.  I hit the "gear" icon for settings first.  It's not a very intuitive looking piece of software.  A simple "logout" button in the upper right would work better.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,452 posts
20,379 battles
14 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

I didn't even check that at first.  I hit the "gear" icon for settings first.  It's not a very intuitive looking piece of software.  A simple "logout" button in the upper right would work better.

I had played with all the settings when I first started the program. Honestly I never even noticed the "little head" icon in the corner until you pointed it out. You are correct, probably needs a tweaking to make it more user friendly/noticeable. 

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
603 posts
13,160 battles

Way too many clicks in the game already, making a shortcut to the .exe  done.

[PSP]
Members
8,209 posts
22 minutes ago, HooplaJones said:

Way too many clicks in the game already, making a shortcut to the .exe  done.

Uh, you are playing a game where you might click the mouse 300 or more times firing at enemy ships but another click to open the game is too much?

Actually, have you even used the new Game Center? With it there are actually fewer clicks to open the game because it does the login for you. I open the Game Center, click "play" and am sent right to the Port. 

[WOLFG]
Members
4,815 posts
2,726 battles
2 minutes ago, pyantoryng said:

It's not so much the launcher but the inability to support multiple logins.

That should be easier.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,480 posts
12,810 battles
19 hours ago, HooplaJones said:

If you don't check the remember login box, it will prompt you when you login.

• Cool 1

[13CLM]
Members
311 posts
1,986 battles

I started using it Saturday, and I'm not having any problems.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,452 posts
20,379 battles
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

If you don't check the remember login box, it will prompt you when you login.

LOL holy moly I didn't even think of that. Nice Crzy, such an easy fix.... 

Sign in to follow this