You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Psycodiver

Just your average 185k damage Kracken Iowa match

14 comments in this topic

[HUNGS]
Members
1,661 posts
3,603 battles

Not going to lie, it was a boring match and nothing crazy happened. It was just a smooth close match coming down to a couple ships. My Iowa got to even do some brawling. I was surprised to see the damage output honestly because it didn't feel like a crazy good match, anyways heres the cruddy video cause my freeware video capture program hasn't been right since its last update along with the results and replay file link. Let me know what you think

https://replayswows.com/replay/27931#stats

27931_86_1533429835.jpg

27931_293_1533429837.jpg

Edited by Psycodiver
  • Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
14,981 posts
9,575 battles

Congrats on the match and Kraken. :Smile_honoring:

My best PvP match was 119k in Missouri. I got a Confederate in Atago, but no Krakens for me...yet. :Smile_child: :Smile_teethhappy:

[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,082 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

Congrats on the match and Kraken. :Smile_honoring:

My best PvP match was 119k in Missouri. I got a Confederate in Atago, but no Krakens for me...yet. :Smile_child: :Smile_teethhappy:

Is the PVE clan based on just doing Co-Op?

Members
1,455 posts
8,384 battles

Congrats.  Iowa is a very solid BB. i kept mine for sentimental reasons.  Sadly, even though the ship is just slightly weaker than the Mo(scout plane vs radar), i dont get around to playing it that often.  I get my inch scratched whenever i grind the Mo for the credits for all of the other lines i want to play. 

Edited by Frederick_The_Great

[PVE]
Members
14,981 posts
9,575 battles
1 minute ago, LubzinNJ said:

Is the PVE clan based on just doing Co-Op?

Yeah, most of us play co-op most of the time. We do have roughly a third of the clan who are PvP mains and play PvP mostly. We have a few who only play co-op and no PvP at all. The rest of us co-op mains will dabble in PvP to various degrees. We are a casual, solo-ish clan with no quotas, mandatory play times, play modes or any of that drama, which is what drew the majority of the clan. We were about a month or so behind the serious clans in getting all the buildings. Some of us played some Clan Battles each season to get the dragon flags for playing one CB. We didn't do too well this season, except against other Squall league teams. :Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,515 posts
6,182 battles
1 hour ago, Psycodiver said:

Not going to lie, it was a boring match and nothing crazy happened. It was just a smooth close match coming down to a couple ships. My Iowa got to even do some brawling. I was surprised to see the damage output honestly because it didn't feel like a crazy good match, anyways heres the cruddy video cause my freeware video capture program hasn't been right since its last update along with the results and replay file link. Let me know what you think

https://replayswows.com/replay/27931#stats

27931_86_1533429835.jpg

27931_293_1533429837.jpg

Congrats!  Didn’t watch the game but those numbers say it was a good one.  Maybe not an AMAZING game... (200+) but really good.

But here’s why you deserve props.   You came on here and posted a great game, and didn’t make some lame excuse about why you were doing it.   You just posted it because you were proud of it and wanted to share.

Props to you for being straight up, and good game.

[HUNGS]
Members
1,661 posts
3,603 battles
20 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

Tips for playing Iowa? 

I'm only 9 battles into mine, but compared to the NC she is different like the NC was different than the Colorado. The Iowa is faster and noticeably less nimble that the NC, I have found out quickly I can't play the Iowa like I would the NC. The NC I would just throw it around the map, angle into to incoming fire, use its great concealment to pop in and out with unsuspecting shots at broadsides. The Iowa just goes fast, its initial turn in feels sluggish even with the C-hull and rudder module, so there is no dodging or torpedo beats unless you get very lucky. With the dispersion module these guns are [edited] levels of good, they hit hard and because of the better velocity it really helps with leading targets. I'm not a bow camper, I'll bow into targets at times but you will rarely ever see me sit there going 1/4 throttle forward or reverse, I try to constantly be on the move, which is why fires don't bother me much, its easier to burn a stationary target than it is a object moving around. Hope this helps

[HUNGS]
Members
1,661 posts
3,603 battles
2 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Congrats!  Didn’t watch the game but those numbers say it was a good one.  Maybe not an AMAZING game... (200+) but really good.

But here’s why you deserve props.   You came on here and posted a great game, and didn’t make some lame excuse about why you were doing it.   You just posted it because you were proud of it and wanted to share.

Propr to you for being straight up, and good game.

Thanks, I just posted it because when I got done the match I was dumbfounded on how well it went, it didn't feel like anything special of a match. I guess I may have focused a little to much on the match

• Cool 1

[FAE]
Members
2,338 posts
2,886 battles
22 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

I'm only 9 battles into mine, but compared to the NC she is different like the NC was different than the Colorado. The Iowa is faster and noticeably less nimble that the NC, I have found out quickly I can't play the Iowa like I would the NC. The NC I would just throw it around the map, angle into to incoming fire, use its great concealment to pop in and out with unsuspecting shots at broadsides. The Iowa just goes fast, its initial turn in feels sluggish even with the C-hull and rudder module, so there is no dodging or torpedo beats unless you get very lucky. With the dispersion module these guns are [edited] levels of good, they hit hard and because of the better velocity it really helps with leading targets. I'm not a bow camper, I'll bow into targets at times but you will rarely ever see me sit there going 1/4 throttle forward or reverse, I try to constantly be on the move, which is why fires don't bother me much, its easier to burn a stationary target than it is a object moving around. Hope this helps

Thanks for your advice. Appreciate it. I'm a moderate amount of games into Iowa also. Unfortunately I'm not sure how I'll use this info, still dunno quite what to do, though I agree with everything you said. I got through NC the same way. 

[RKLES]
Members
8,965 posts
10,828 battles
23 hours ago, Frederick_The_Great said:

Congrats.  Iowa is a very solid BB. i kept mine for sentimental reasons.  Sadly, even though the ship is just slightly weaker than the Mo(scout plane vs radar), i dont get around to playing it that often.  I get my inch scratched whenever i grind the Mo for the credits for all of the other lines i want to play. 

Yeah between the Texas, the New Mexico I got from New Years Event, and then Missouri I feel like I already have a lot of what the line has to offer. So doing USN BB grind has been on back burner in favor of other lines. Lol if I ever end up with Alabama or Massachusetts I will have intersting USN BB line created lol.

[HUNGS]
Members
1,661 posts
3,603 battles
3 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah between the Texas, the New Mexico I got from New Years Event, and then Missouri I feel like I already have a lot of what the line has to offer. So doing USN BB grind has been on back burner in favor of other lines. Lol if I ever end up with Alabama or Massachusetts I will have intersting USN BB line created lol.

I wouldn't mind some more premiums, WG sent my wife a 5 day trial of the Arizona because she stopped playing a while back, soooooo I decided to take it out for a spin and I liked her. Arizona is probably going to be my next purchase for sure, I might wait till Labor day because I think that will be the next sale. 

[RKLES]
Members
8,965 posts
10,828 battles
5 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

I wouldn't mind some more premiums, WG sent my wife a 5 day trial of the Arizona because she stopped playing a while back, soooooo I decided to take it out for a spin and I liked her. Arizona is probably going to be my next purchase for sure, I might wait till Labor day because I think that will be the next sale. 

Yeah noticed the players that too Azirona into tier VI Ranked were doing quite nice for themselves, If I remember correctly it was among the top performing ships that Ranked season.