You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Stauffenberg44

Long Live the Fuso! (Colour photo)

6 comments in this topic

Members
3,980 posts
8,621 battles

Fuso.thumb.jpg.011685d85734aad07e944ed297a6367a.jpg

A splendid colourised view of Fuso completing her reconstruction in 1933. This was a massive rebuild, with the installation of new turbines, which doubled the installed power, the lengthening of the hull by 25 feet, and the addition of new anti-torpedo bulges, increasing the waterline beam to a maximum of 118 feet. Armour protection was increased to over 12,000 tons although some of this was offset by a reduction of almost 2000 tons because of the new lighter machinery. She and her sister ship Yamashiro were both sunk on the same day, 25 Oct 1944, Fuso being hit by torpedoes fired by a US destroyer Squadron in the Surigao strait. She blew up, broke in two and sank.

Fuso was the first BB I got and enjoyed here. The sound of her broadsides always made me smile and feel "oh YEAH."

Long live the Fuso!

• Cool 4

[-BRS-]
Members
2,624 posts
16,045 battles
37 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

She and her sister ship Yamashiro were both sunk on the same day, 25 Oct 1944, Fuso being hit by torpedoes fired by a US destroyer Squadron in the Surigao strait. She blew up, broke in two and sank.

Torpedoes are OP please nerf

J/k

That ship is so ugly its beautiful

Nice picture thanks:cap_like:

Edited by silverdahc

[HINON]
Supertester
20,726 posts
14,156 battles

One of my favorite historical warship pictures, I'm always impressed by the scale.