You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kizarvexis

Destroy or incapacitate at least any 15 modules

31 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
14,980 posts
9,575 battles

So I'm playing in my North Carolina and I get the "Destroy or incapacitate at least any 15 modules" in battle mission for the Go Navy Event. I switch to HE and figure I'll get it done in 4 or 5 salvos on a Battleship, a little more vs a cruiser. So I warn the team that I'll be slinging HE, so they won't think I'm an idiot. :Smile_teethhappy:

jaKsHgv.jpg 

Oh look, first customer and it is an Alabama. Shiny, I should get in a few HE salvos before we cross paths and seconds later there is a NC with him too. :cap_like:  I should complete this in battle mission.

wYMiG7t.jpg

Shells land on the 'bama and what? :Smile_amazed:

rwIhnNF.jpg

20! AA guns destroyed in the first salvo. Mission completed. WOW! (Sorry, I just missed the mission completed screenshot and it didn't show in the replay.)

7FkfDaI.jpg

Too bad we didn't have a CV in the battle. He would have liked that. Especially when 2 HE salvos on the NC took out 15 AA guns.

[PVE]
Members
14,980 posts
9,575 battles
4 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Just had that one while driving République.

Two salvos did it.  The second was to the red Yamato.

I would have been very happy to complete it in two salvos, I was just very surprised to complete it on the first salvo! 

Members
702 posts
12,949 battles

I keep getting the use 5 consumables during the match mission.

Problem is my ship only has 2 consumables and only 2 charges for each…..

[PVE]
Members
14,980 posts
9,575 battles
6 minutes ago, Prothall said:

Ouch, that hurts. I've been lucky so far that I get those on ships with 3 or more consumables. Some PvE games have ended before the cooldowns finished, so I was not able to complete a few.

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
3,117 posts
4,527 battles

i get this mission in the yamato constantly, theres no way people arent cursing a yamato for shooting HE

[PVE]
Members
14,980 posts
9,575 battles
12 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

i get this mission in the yamato constantly, theres no way people arent cursing a yamato for shooting HE

:Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF3]
Members
19,699 posts
18,076 battles
29 minutes ago, Prothall said:

Some of these are poorly thought out as to which ships they should be assigned to.

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,125 posts
11,179 battles

I have gotten the 50ribbons while in DD more times then I have wanted to . And when playing the Kidd gotten the 5 torp hits at least twice ; sigh .

:Smile_honoring:

[PVE]
Members
14,980 posts
9,575 battles
20 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Some of these are poorly thought out as to which ships they should be assigned to.

Hit enemy ships at least 15 times with the secondary battery guns is great when you are in Massachusetts or Gascogne. Not so good when you are in ARP Kongo with 4.2km secondaries.

12 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

I have gotten the 50ribbons while in DD more times then I have wanted to . And when playing the Kidd gotten the 5 torp hits at least twice ; sigh .

I got the 5 torp hits mission in the Haida, who only has 4 torps. Game ended before the torps would reload.

Edited by Kizarvexis

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,125 posts
11,179 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

I got the 5 torp hits in the Haida, who only has 4 torps. Game ended before the torps would reload

You lucky so and so ! The closest I came was 4 in the Kidd which has one 5 tube launcher and has the reload of the stock Fletcher torps . So did not reload in time to get the last one as the torps were on the way when the battle ended .

[WOLF3]
Members
19,699 posts
18,076 battles
7 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Hit enemy ships at least 15 times with the secondary battery guns is great when you are in Massachusetts or Gascogne. Not so good when you are in ARP Kongo with 4.2km secondaries.

I got the 5 torp hits in the Haida, who only has 4 torps. Game ended before the torps would reload.

Could be worse.  You could get those Secondaries missions and be in something slow with terrible secondaries like Colorado, New Mexico.  In PVE it'll be fine, but if you were doing PVP, well, good luck!

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[PVE]
Members
14,980 posts
9,575 battles
15 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

You lucky so and so ! The closest I came was 4 in the Kidd which has one 5 tube launcher and has the reload of the stock Fletcher torps . So did not reload in time to get the last one as the torps were on the way when the battle ended .

I fixed it. I got the 5 torp hit mission in the Haida with only 4 torps. The torps were still reloading when the co-op game ended, so I didn't finish the mission. Monaghan on the other hand with the torp reload booster at 30 secs is nice for that mission.

11 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Could be worse.  You could get those Secondaries missions and be in something slow with terrible secondaries like Colorado, New Mexico.

Well the ARP Kongo has 4.2km secondaries with the 4x2  127mm guns firing every 5 sec. The 14x1  152mm guns fire every 10 seconds.

My Colorado has 5km secondaries with the 8x1  127mm Mk 19 guns firing every 4.5 secs. The 8x1  127mm Mk7 guns fire every 7 seconds. So I would give a slight edge to Colorado.

My New Mexico has 4km secondaries with the 8x1  127mm Mk 19 guns firing every 4.5 secs. The 10x1  127mm Mk7 guns fire every 7 seconds. So I would give a slight edge to ARP Kongo.

What I just noticed is that the ARP Kongs has 4.2km secondaries and the Kongo, ARP Kirishima and ARP Haruna have 4km secondaries. Weird. The ARP Kongo does not have the secondary module and none of the ships have a captain with AFT.

P.s. Not so easy in PvE with the short range as the ships were dying before I could get into range. Problem with PvE as the games can be quick at times.

Edited by Kizarvexis

[CHMC]
Members
367 posts
8,796 battles
1 hour ago, Prothall said:

Use premium consumables there stingy.

You don't have to pay gold for them, you can switch it to silver.

[TDG]
Members
1,649 posts
8,055 battles
5 minutes ago, Troa_Barton said:

That helps if you know in advance what the special mission is going to be.

I just take like anything else RNG-related and deal as I can.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,262 posts
5,821 battles
1 hour ago, Prothall said:

Damage control party counts as a consumable usage.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
4,707 posts
2,648 battles

I just watched Flambass get the disable 15 modules.  While in a Terpitz.  He hated himself for shooting HE.

Members
702 posts
12,949 battles

16 minutes ago, Troa_Barton said:

Waste premium consumables in a coop match?

Just no. Same reason I don't bother with superintendent..

Edited by Prothall

[CHMC]
Members
367 posts
8,796 battles
5 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

That helps if you know in advance what the special mission is going to be.

I just take like anything else RNG-related and deal as I can.

With the event going on or in general you should have them equipped anyway.

Most often having the extra, faster recharging consumables will boost your performance to compensate for their cost and will net you more xp and even credits.

I cannot see any advantage to running standard consumables, no cammo, or type 1-2 cammo.

[CHMC]
Members
367 posts
8,796 battles
Just now, Prothall said:

Just no.

Absolutely you should, co-op is a great place to farm free XP. The better you do the more you make and you wont burn down because you scrooged out on a damage control party II.

You even said it yourself that you weren't able to complete the event objective because of it.

[LOU1]
Members
3,595 posts
9,551 battles

I've been playing the Fiji a lot lately and I dread the incapacitate mission.  It is especially thrilling when there is only one (or no) enemy DD.

[TDG]
Members
1,649 posts
8,055 battles
7 minutes ago, Troa_Barton said:

With the event going on or in general you should have them equipped anyway.

Most often having the extra, faster recharging consumables will boost your performance to compensate for their cost and will net you more xp and even credits.

I cannot see any advantage to running standard consumables, no cammo, or type 1-2 cammo.

Depends on the situation.

I run the premium consumables I tend to use when not in Co-op.  I only run premium DCP in Co-op.  Depending on the ship (and any discounts in force), this can make the difference between making or losing credits.  I also always run camo, Type 5 if the ship doesn't have permanent camo.

If I were in the situation like the player above, I would just consider that the same as if RNG didn't bless me with any special mission.

And sometimes it just doesn't matter.  First time I got that particular mission, I was in Bismarck. I figured, "no problem".  I died before I could get the 5th charge used.

[CHMC]
Members
367 posts
8,796 battles
2 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Depends on the situation.

I run the premium consumables I tend to use when not in Co-op.  I only run premium DCP in Co-op.  Depending on the ship (and any discounts in force), this can make the difference between making or losing credits.  I also always run camo, Type 5 if the ship doesn't have permanent camo.

If I were in the situation like the player above, I would just consider that the same as if RNG didn't bless me with any special mission.

And sometimes it just doesn't matter.  First time I got that particular mission, I was in Bismarck. I figured, "no problem".  I died before I could get the 5th charge used.

Well at least you're weighing your options, and thank you for using a type 5 camo at minimum. All these naked ships in tier 10 are driving me mad....

I use premium consumables (all of them) on any and every ship* regardless of mode, type, or tier, and I have yet to lose money. You could argue that I might make less per battle than I would (which I would contest) but even if that were the case I could just play one match in a premium ship to earn that money back. Again even if that were the case, my average XP would still be higher as a result of having faster cooldowns in all of my matches.

*The only consumable I skimp on occasionally is defensive AA but that only applies to non USN, non AA spec, usually untargeted ships with the consumable and will vary based on the amount of cv's I see.

In the case of your Bismark it still helped you with the reduced cooldown, using all 5 charges is only half of the benefit. :)

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
2,529 posts
12,044 battles
35 minutes ago, Prothall said:

Just no. Same reason I don't bother with superintendent..

Well, if you choose not to take SI, choose not to use premium consumables, and choose not to run ships that have more than two consumables, then you’ve only yourself to blame for not completing the 5 consumable mission. Don’t come to the forum and complain when you know you can do those things to fix it.

I felt a little silly hitting Def AA without any planes nearby to get my mission done...

Edited by UltimateNewbie
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLFC]
Members
395 posts
18,316 battles
4 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Don’t come to the forum and complain

Uh...Isn't that what the forum is for? :cap_yes:

Especially unjustified complaining. I'm sure the forum is for that!

• Funny 2