You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RacerDemon

Hey Wargaming.....

12 comments in this topic

[-RNG-]
Alpha Tester
954 posts
5,396 battles

Since when is double strike not a "heroic achievement" with how uncommon this feat is, you would think it would be... 

[NWNG]
Members
2,819 posts
4,680 battles

it never was a heroic achievement. And the reason it's not, is because it is possible to obtain it more than once per battle. Unlike the following:

Kraken Unleashed
High Caliber
Confederate
Solo Warrior
Dreadnaught
Witherer

So a better question would be: Why aren't the following considered heroic achievements?

King of the Air
AA Defense Expert
Fire Proof
Unsinkable

• Cool 3

[STURM]
Members
463 posts
3,916 battles
11 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

it never was a heroic achievement. And the reason it's not, is because it is possible to obtain it more than once per battle. Unlike the following:

Kraken Unleashed
High Caliber
Confederate
Solo Warrior
Dreadnaught
Witherer

So a better question would be: Why aren't the following considered heroic achievements?

King of the Air
AA Defense Expert
Fire Proof
Unsinkable

Right?

It's extra puzzling since Fire Proof and Unsinkable are arguably harder to get than Dreadnought.

Plus, Dreadnought is literally unobtainable for 90% of cruisers and destroyers. It just bugs me.  

[-RNG-]
Alpha Tester
954 posts
5,396 battles
21 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Kraken Unleashed
High Caliber
Confederate
Solo Warrior
Dreadnaught
Witherer

King of the Air
AA Defense Expert
Fire Proof
Unsinkable

Fair Enough 

[NWNG]
Members
2,819 posts
4,680 battles

OH, and I should also point out, that the reason I did not include "first blood" in the list, despite it also being obtained only once, is because it can only be obtained by a single person, AND it is a guarantee that someone, somewhere, is going to get killed, by another player. So much so, that it would be a greater achievement, for obtaining victory, without killing a single ship; to the point that both teams would have to retroactively play in such a manner, to allow such a feat to begin with.

[INTEL]
Members
10,039 posts
28,200 battles
16 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

OH, and I should also point out, that the reason I did not include "first blood" in the list, despite it also being obtained only once, is because it can only be obtained by a single person, AND it is a guarantee that someone, somewhere, is going to get killed, by another player. So much so, that it would be a greater achievement, for obtaining victory, without killing a single ship; to the point that both teams would have to retroactively play in such a manner, to allow such a feat to begin with.

First Blood can be obtained more than once AND it is inevitable. That is why it is not a heroic achievement. 

[NWNG]
Members
2,819 posts
4,680 battles
1 minute ago, Taichunger said:

First Blood can be obtained more than once AND it is inevitable. That is why it is not a heroic achievement. 

only once per battle is what I was getting at. sorry for my wording fail.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
1 hour ago, RacerDemon said:

Since when is double strike not a "heroic achievement" with how uncommon this feat is, you would think it would be... 

One would think that "Arsonist" would be a heroic achievement too. Frying BBs aint easy ay know!

Edited by ReddNekk

[NWNG]
Members
2,819 posts
4,680 battles
15 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

One would think that "Arsonist" would be a heroic achievement too. Frying BBs aint easy ay know!

Arsonist can be obtained multiple times per battle too.

[WOLFG]
Members
4,787 posts
2,718 battles
28 minutes ago, Optio_Praetorii said:

Now for someone to both get First Blood AND kill the last ship on the enemy team, that might be an interesting achievement (even though Kraken and Solo Warrior can cover this)

"Alpha and Omega"

• Cool 2

[LOU1]
Members
3,601 posts
9,582 battles
2 hours ago, Baskerville77 said:

Right?

It's extra puzzling since Fire Proof and Unsinkable are arguably harder to get than Dreadnought.

Plus, Dreadnought is literally unobtainable for 90% of cruisers and destroyers. It just bugs me.  

Used to be that taking the Survivabilty Expert skill allowed some ships without a Heal to earn Dreadnought ( I think the additional health was not added into the Dreadnought calculation initially) .  That loophole was closed a few patches ago.