You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chobittsu

The Great Martian War

10 comments in this topic

[SOUP]
Privateers, Modder
8,326 posts

Found this in the archive at the Canadian War Museum

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
20,724 posts
14,152 battles
5 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

And then they died from bacteria?

Also, neat. Part of that totally real historical and scientific documentary series I see, same series as this one is from:

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,128 posts
11,210 battles
50 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

That looks like a combination of the original book and the sequel that an author (dang old man brain can not pull the name out of memory) published not long ago . I got a lot of acclaim as being very close to what Well's might have written and I agree , personally .

Thank you I enjoyed it .

:Smile_honoring: 

[SOUP]
Privateers, Modder
8,326 posts
37 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

That looks like a combination of the original book and the sequel that an author (dang old man brain can not pull the name out of memory) published not long ago . I got a lot of acclaim as being very close to what Well's might have written and I agree , personally .

Thank you I enjoyed it .

My personal favourite version of the War of the Worlds story type is Dawn of Victory: http://www.dawnofvictory2289.com/

Aliens invade during WW2, alternate history happens, WW2 never really ends and the story stretches on into the late 2200s

Members
102 posts
3,785 battles

There was a tabletop game called 'all quiet on the martian front' based on 'the war of the worlds' that acts as a continuation of the original story. It is basically dead, but it had a lot of promise and was basically tailor made for my tastes. If nothing else, it has a fantastic rulebook with tons of great worldbuilding.

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,128 posts
11,210 battles
1 hour ago, Chobittsu said:

My personal favourite version of the War of the Worlds story type is Dawn of Victory: http://www.dawnofvictory2289.com/

Aliens invade during WW2, alternate history happens, WW2 never really ends and the story stretches on into the late 2200s

If you like alternate history you should try out Harry Turtledove's books . He has a WW2 series of 4 books which is the same as the one you mentioned (aliens invade) and it then continues on with a 4 books series into later times . A WW1 series of 3 or 6 books (since I did not read them I do not know if the other series is connected or separate) . And a personal favorite of mine based in the USA civil war titled 'Guns of the South' . Another very good alternate history of the USA civil war  is Harry Harrison's 4 book series . 

[BLHK]
Members
555 posts
3,685 battles
2 hours ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Thank you I enjoyed it .

It is the other way around. The footage is part of a docudrama made about 5 years ago. It is around on the Youtubes if you are interested. The book came out last year, Stephen Baxter, who also wrote a sequel H G Wells' Time Machine back in the day 

[SOUP]
Privateers, Modder
8,326 posts
1 hour ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

If you like alternate history you should try out Harry Turtledove's books . He has a WW2 series of 4 books which is the same as the one you mentioned (aliens invade) and it then continues on with a 4 books series into later times . A WW1 series of 3 or 6 books (since I did not read them I do not know if the other series is connected or separate) . And a personal favorite of mine based in the USA civil war titled 'Guns of the South' . Another very good alternate history of the USA civil war  is Harry Harrison's 4 book series . 

The Turtledove books are exactly what Dawn of Victory is based upon   :D

[REVY]
Members
6,149 posts
5,158 battles
On 8/4/2018 at 1:30 PM, Chobittsu said:

War......War never changes.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,261 posts
5,474 battles
On 8/4/2018 at 8:34 PM, Chobittsu said:

And a personal favorite of mine based in the USA civil war titled 'Guns of the South' . Another very good alternate history of the USA civil war  is Harry Harrison's 4 book series . 

One of Harrison's best series although the West of Eden trilogy is my personal favorite and would be an awesome movie.