Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rumple010

weekend teams and the new Narai operation

14 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
407 posts
18,410 battles

Ha! Bet you thought this was going to be another rant post about the reworked Narai operation and weekend potatoes. Nope!

Had two back-to-back 5 star matches this morning. No divisions in either match. And it's the weekend!

People are adapting to the changes done to Narai and it's starting to show in the results.People are learning that the teams have to split between middle, north and south in order to complete all the objectives. Was our execution perfect in either match? No way! But it was good enough to get the job done.

So here's a big Thank You to all my teammates in these two matches. You made Narai fun again!

shot-18.08.04_12.29.48-0481.jpg

shot-18.08.04_12.29.51-0343.jpg

shot-18.08.04_14.12.51-0129.jpg

shot-18.08.04_14.12.54-0261.jpg

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,858 posts
21,379 battles

Yeah weekend teams...

0Z4iK0K.jpg

[WOLF3]
Members
19,778 posts
18,185 battles

Wasn't my experience last night.  We had 2 BBs and an Algerie combining their awesome skills and firepower against the unarmed enemy transports in the south while leaving the middle transports poorly defended.  They then start arguing (again) about kill stealing each other's transports.

I really have no faith in the typical WoWS player in both PVE & PVP.

[RKLES]
Members
8,965 posts
10,828 battles
13 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Yes i agree Narai is a viable operation again.

Not yet it isn’t, the crash bu when somebody approaches port entrances has yet to be fixed and you can end up with 1 or more of your team mates getting disconnected by it.

[TDRB]
Members
2,673 posts
7,699 battles
6 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Wasn't my experience last night.  We had 2 BBs and an Algerie combining their awesome skills and firepower against the unarmed enemy transports in the south while leaving the middle transports poorly defended.  They then start arguing (again) about kill stealing each other's transports.

You have good teams & bad teams and you should be prepared for the worse so you can be happy when you get on a good team. I'm happy because I finally won a 3 star victory on my Scharnhorst. It wasn't by best performance with that ship but it was a victory.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,858 posts
21,379 battles
12 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

They either ignore the carrier, send the wrong ships for the side missions or use the transports as cover. I tried the scenario seven times, one four stars, one three, one two, four loss. Oh, and they ignore the repair from the transports.

[SF-A]
Members
3,019 posts
6,405 battles

Yes, I went 3 for 3 this morning 5 stars. When people care even just a little, they improve a lot.

[TBW]
Members
7,558 posts
13,814 battles

I bought Nu-eve De Julio just for tier 7 operations. The mission to get the Boise is earn 300,000 XP. It is a great ship for Narai. I bought Nu-eve because it comes with a 10 point captain, since it's the only ship in the line. The Boise only has a 6 pointer, when I earn it, but I have other captains for her.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
349 posts
6,589 battles

I agree that success rate has gone up significantly.  While you will still get defeats, the number of 5 Star success win is now pretty good.

I see plenty of good players who know how to deal with each successive bot waves now and not just mindlessly charge the transports and ignore everything else.  Even more encouraging is that I now see DDs doing really well in Narai.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
579 posts
12,245 battles
1 hour ago, Erebthoron said:

Yeah weekend teams...

0Z4iK0K.jpg

Had the same thought, also in my Shiney Horse

shot-18.08.04_16.18.56-0521.jpg

[HELLS]
Members
2,108 posts
20,060 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I bought Nu-eve De Julio just for tier 7 operations. The mission to get the Boise is earn 300,000 XP. It is a great ship for Narai. I bought Nu-eve because it comes with a 10 point captain, since it's the only ship in the line. The Boise only has a 6 pointer, when I earn it, but I have other captains for her.

Vice-versa in my case as I got Boise. Gonna give it a whirl, because the only times I tried it I used Helena to get a feel for it and went with a 3-star win on my second outing. I am not big on scenarios unless they are historical. The Dunkirk and Empress Augusta Bay scenarios are the best I have seen so far, using Axis ships for enemy teams. I have done most sceanrios at least once but it requires teamwork (planned or inadvertant) to get them done properly.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,778 posts
18,185 battles

Here we go again.  People still have zero clue.

Did we really need 3 ships total to go down south against the transports?  ESPECIALLY A SCHARNHORST???  To top it off, nobody goes north after the CV and that had very quick repercussions as the general AA of our team was very low.  Between the north and south routes, if either route deserved more than one ships to ensure completion of the objectives there, north against the CV would merit it, 2 ships at most, 1 good one can do it, but THREE IN THE SOUTH AGAINST UNARMED TRANSPORTS IS COMPLETELY UN-F__KING NECESSARY.

PVPDpBk.jpg

Nobody goes north after the CV, the guys in the middle didn't probe ahead of the transports for entering the harbor, and we immediately lost one transport before it even entered the harbor.  Lexington relentlessly bombs the transports, Phoenix comes around hitting transports as it comes south.

PByZNgA.jpg

It was a straight up disaster.

bskYTbX.jpg

There is zero hope for these clowns out there.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Sign in to follow this