You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Smuggler_

Possible Solution to Radar

8,561 comments in this topic

Members
16 posts
7,176 battles

This is ridiculous. Destroyer gameplay on tier 10 is idiotic now. Half  team has radars and hydros. There is a permanent radar on game now.

I thought they make some changes to radar game, but now it is even worse.  

• Cool 29
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 5
  • Angry 3

[NGAGE]
Members
51 posts
8,422 battles

Just wait for the new-car smell to wear off the US cruisers and it should get better... I hope.

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
1,815 posts
11,242 battles
7 minutes ago, Smuggler_ said:

This is ridiculous. Destroyer gameplay on tier 10 is idiotic now. Half  team has radars and hydros. There is a permanent radar on game now.

Play Khabarovsk and radar won't matter to you.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[LUCK]
Members
1,690 posts
23,370 battles
7 minutes ago, Smuggler_ said:

4 minutes ago, SpudzShep said:

Just wait for the new-car smell to wear off the US cruisers and it should get better... I hope.

you still have to look forward to the CLs in 7.6 namely Seattle and Worcester- both with radar.

[NGAGE]
Members
51 posts
8,422 battles

Why I'm going to be a sad DD player for some time. I'm still going to try high tier DD like I always do, but I will probably end up playing much more conservatively.

[GRIT]
Members
3,254 posts
9,764 battles

Stop making posts about radar. Last time the mods had to crack down hard and some people got banned.

WG knows everyone hates radar. WG also isn't going to change radar because....whales.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 2

Members
5,201 posts
9,061 battles

With the USN cruiser update, now isn't a good time to play DDs. Just wait a few days and you'll be fine. 

• Cool 2

[YAN]
Members
1,649 posts
8,051 battles
Just now, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

With the USN cruiser update, now isn't a good time to play DDs. Just wait a few days and you'll be fine. 

Pretty much this. Grind out your bb lines and farm USN cruiser citadels and alt while you wait.

[HINON]
Members
2,910 posts
20,871 battles

lol that was me this morning. I decided to play some panasian dd not thinking clearly about what I was getting myself into. Loaded the match there were 4 clevelands a baltimore and a Missouri div on the enemy team. A guy on my team was like giovy you must be really dumb or you got some big balls. lol.

Edited by giovybez

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
14 minutes ago, Smuggler_ said:

What's ridiculous is too many torpedo walls from DDs that cover half the map. I drive DDs too and I've learned to deal suffer with radar.

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

[PVE]
Members
14,984 posts
9,575 battles
18 minutes ago, Smuggler_ said:

15 minutes ago, SpudzShep said:

8 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

you still have to look forward to the CLs in 7.6 namely Seattle and Worcester- both with radar.

:Smile_great::Smile_teethhappy:

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,441 posts
5,491 battles

Now is a good time to polish up those cruiser blapping skills with a batteship.

• Cool 1

[GRIT]
Members
3,254 posts
9,764 battles
2 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

What's ridiculous is too many torpedo walls from DDs that cover half the map. I drive DDs too and I've learned to deal suffer with radar.

Wow, you're seeing that much radar with your T4 DDs? Man, this radar situation is worse than I thought!

• Funny 10

[STP]
Beta Testers
3,662 posts
12,562 battles
4 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Now is a good time to polish up those cruiser blapping skills with a batteship.

*counting a time util bb players start crying about HE spam*

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
904 posts
7,018 battles

Look up radar ships...memorize radar ranges.

Examples:

See a Chappy across the cap from you? Get your DD butt turned around and kiss the cap, Chappy hits radar and because you know the range you can just slip away. Radar wasted....come back take cap.

See an American cruiser? Which WILL be EVERYWHERE now, as well as the future CLs, use their spotting range as bait. They see they're detected, they pop radar, you slip away. Radar wasted. You go back light them up and call your team to focus fire and they usually will because everyone likes to shoot the squishy radar ships. They're food. Learn to bait them and kite radar ranges. It's not that hard...

Edited by HeathenForay
  • Cool 4

[GRIT]
Members
3,254 posts
9,764 battles
1 minute ago, HeathenForay said:

Examples:

See a Chappy across the cap from you? Get your DD butt turned around and kiss the cap, Chappy hits radar but because you know the range you can just slip away. Radar wasted....come back take cap.

See an American cruiser? Which WILL be EVERYWHERE now, as well as the future CLs, use their spotting range as bait. They see they're detected, they pop radar, you slip away. Radar wasted. You go back light them up and call your team to focus fire and they usually will because everyone likes to shoot the squishy radar ships. They're food. Learn to bait them and kite radar ranges. It's not that hard...

See that YueYang? Oh wait, you can't, since it's a highly mobile, concealed, radar platform. What's that? He radared you and there was nothing you could do but get repeatedly punched in the face by the enemy team til you sank? Tough luck, you wanted to play a DD.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1

Beta Testers
1,234 posts
5,613 battles

After the new USN CL players get tired of being nuked by BBs and other CAs, the radar hype will die down a bit.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,815 posts
11,242 battles
3 minutes ago, HeathenForay said:

Examples:

See a Chappy across the cap from you? Get your DD butt turned around and kiss the cap, Chappy hits radar and because you know the range you can just slip away. Radar wasted....come back take cap.

Grozovoi and Z52 are good for radar baiting because they can eat a few shells and still be OK. Tashkent Leningrad and Kiev are fast enough to make it work, too.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
8 minutes ago, Lensar said:

Wow, you're seeing that much radar with your T4 DDs? Man, this radar situation is worse than I thought!

So where did you hallucinate get the idea that I only drive low tier DDs?

[NWNG]
Members
2,820 posts
4,680 battles
4 minutes ago, HeathenForay said:

Examples:

There was a time I got in range of a New Orleans (this is before the split of course), saw that I was in 9km of him. In chat, I said "hey <insert name>, I'm in your radar range if you're curious. I see the indicator that he popped radar, and I slipped away. I so wish I had replay of that, because that was the best bait I have ever done.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
5,201 posts
9,061 battles
1 minute ago, legozer said:

Grozovoi and Z52 are good for radar baiting because they can eat a few shells and still be OK. Tashkent Leningrad and Kiev are fast enough to make it work, too.

Uh... depends what KIND of shells. Groz/Z52/Gearing are all very thick DDs that eat AP pens more frequently. . 

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT

[TBW]
Members
7,567 posts
13,816 battles

The solution is to allow Asashio torps to hit Heavy Cruisers.

• Boring 1

[H_]
Members
2,077 posts

I've stopped using my T10 Shimakaze because there are just about 100% no-go zones on any map you play?  One radar after the other and I'm not sure there is a way to defeat that level of coverage????  It ruins the game for me and I worked pretty hard to get the T10 ships and now, really can't effectively use it...

Is there a way around radar zones?

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1