You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Patton3rdarmy13

Wargaming, please help the Eagles.

50 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
281 posts
8,122 battles

Something has to be done for player who choose Eagles and are sticking with it. Giving extra Loyalty points to losing team or something. I have personal reasons I can't choose Sharks so no matter how much want to join Sharks to get the extra container they get everyday I can't. If you don't do something quick there will be just Sharks only.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

No it won't, because as soon as people get maxed out they will switch teams. I've taken a look at the leader boards a few times and have no idea how some people are getting 3K points per day, that's what I'd like to know.

• Cool 1

[USCG]
Members
372 posts
14,627 battles

Once an Eagle, always an Eagle... Kinda knew Sharks would be the “go to” team but this seems silly. Thought the element challenge last year (Fire vs Water) was better and more even. This seems to be a Shark runaway...everyday. 

[PVE]
Members
14,981 posts
9,575 battles
20 minutes ago, Patton3rdarmy13 said:

Something has to be done for player who choose Eagles and are sticking with it. Giving extra Loyalty points to losing team or something. I have personal reasons I can't choose Sharks so no matter how much want to join Sharks to get the extra container they get everyday I can't. If you don't do something quick there will be just Sharks only.

Some people should start switching tomorrow. If you get 50 loyalty in each team, then you can buy 3 containers and get a Sharks and a Eagles T10 camo for $15. Even more should switch on day 16 as they will have maxed out Shark loyalty and can switch to Eagles to get more tokens for the one use camos. I plan on doing that on day 16.

[WOLF6]
Members
767 posts
4,879 battles

Eagles will start winning around day 15 and will win until the end of the event

[NDA]
Supertester
5,188 posts
15,384 battles

I have been playing on the Eagles team so that I can get the Eagles Worcester camo. And once I get the tokens I need I'll have to sadly switch teams to get enough tokens for the Freedom DesMoines camo. So I'll always be on the losing team. 

There are some good things about the GoNavy event like the random pop tasks that are fun and challenging or the pick your own rewards. But the team vs. team aspects of the event are crap. Especially when you get harassed for being on the "Wrong" team while trying to do a task in battle. 

Members
427 posts
1,608 battles

I rarely see anything about sharks or eagles in chat anymore. Occasionally a go shark or go eagles but I've never noticed anything bordering on harrassment. 

[FFLY]
Members
147 posts
7,805 battles
22 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

I have been playing on the Eagles team so that I can get the Eagles Worcester camo. And once I get the tokens I need I'll have to sadly switch teams to get enough tokens for the Freedom DesMoines camo. So I'll always be on the losing team. 

There are some good things about the GoNavy event like the random pop tasks that are fun and challenging or the pick your own rewards. But the team vs. team aspects of the event are crap. Especially when you get harassed for being on the "Wrong" team while trying to do a task in battle. 

I agree.  That is what I am doing as well and I don't even like American cruisers

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
8,201 posts
1 hour ago, w4spl3g said:

No it won't, because as soon as people get maxed out they will switch teams. I've taken a look at the leader boards a few times and have no idea how some people are getting 3K points per day, that's what I'd like to know.

I really don't think people can play 24-hours a day in order to get 8000 points. What I think is happening is that these are shared accounts.

[TF03]
Members
741 posts
2,806 battles
1 hour ago, w4spl3g said:

I've sen people with 6k points but was talking to clan and in someways it can be faster to do co-op to get the points not random.

[OO7]
Members
4,478 posts
11,039 battles
Just now, Snargfargle said:

I really don't think people can play 24-hours a day in order to get 8000 points. What I think is happening is that these are shared accounts.

well if a good player is playing t10 all day long, we are looking at 40ish battles. If they win 2/3 of their battles, there is 2080 points. If they kill say, 1.25 ships per battle, there is another 2000 points. Lets say they get an achievement every 2 battles, another 800 points? (fuzzy on the points for achievements) and lets say they are fulfilling a mission every 6 battles. That's another 1120 points. So on the low end a good player playing 40 battles will get 6000 points in a day. Better players will get more.

• Cool 1

Members
581 posts
5,134 battles

Points are nice for those crates but the rewards are pretty small.  I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that the whole driving force behind this dog-and-pony show is the loyalty points and corresponding Shark/Eagle points for Arsenal.  The big prize is those perma-camo's.  The only way you can earn loyalty points is one daily win for your side, and declining a team switch...also once per day.  It does not matter how many games you play as long as you hit these two qualifiers.  You can also pay real money for the large crates which give you 10 points (Arsenal) per team. 

Almost everyone will switch sides once the loyalty points are maxed.  Obviously, the Shark's team will hit that margin first.  I'm pretty sure this was the reason why so many folks chose the Sharks in the first place.  It was a pragmatic choice.  If you did your homework before the contest started, then you knew that there was a concerted effort to get as many people playing Sharks as possible.  It was all about getting those camo's.  

What does this all mean?  Well, if you're a current Eagle, there will be a massive influx of Sharks switching teams soon.  Maybe a week or two?  I'm not sure as I haven't tracked earnings that close.  If you actually paid for a container, then you'll be switching even earlier.  Regardless, the pendulum will swing to the other side....with even more lopsided victories for the Eagles...simply because Eagles players will not have earned max loyalty by lack of daily wins by then.

In the end, it was about getting the camo's(Sharks) or getting containers(Eagles).  That was the real choice.  I have a strong suspicion that WG will not try to duplicate these sort of rules in the future.  We kinda screwed the whole competitive nature of this event by our cooperation.  Ironic.              

• Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,788 posts
3,942 battles

It really doesn't matter. The majority will end up shifting sides anyway to grind up the remaining Loyalty necessary for a bit more of a Token bonus. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the Eagles suddenly overshot the Sharks and won, simply due to the majority shifting sides to finish their grind.

It was never truly about sides; just reward benefits.

We're actually lucky that there isn't an actual ship involved, like last year's FvW Kamikaze for say, 200 Tokens (say an additional one-time 100 token bonus for remaining loyal for 3 full weeks); otherwise, it's all but guaranteed that the Sharks side would have taken a home run.

[PVE]
Members
14,981 posts
9,575 battles
5 minutes ago, Uber_Ghost said:

Points are nice for those crates but the rewards are pretty small.  I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that the whole driving force behind this dog-and-pony show is the loyalty points and corresponding Shark/Eagle points for Arsenal.  The big prize is those perma-camo's.  The only way you can earn loyalty points is one daily win for your side, and declining a team switch...also once per day.  It does not matter how many games you play as long as you hit these two qualifiers.  You can also pay real money for the large crates which give you 10 points (Arsenal) per team. 

Almost everyone will switch sides once the loyalty points are maxed.  Obviously, the Shark's team will hit that margin first.  I'm pretty sure this was the reason why so many folks chose the Sharks in the first place.  It was a pragmatic choice.  If you did your homework before the contest started, then you knew that there was a concerted effort to get as many people playing Sharks as possible.  It was all about getting those camo's.  

What does this all mean?  Well, if you're a current Eagle, there will be a massive influx of Sharks switching teams soon.  Maybe a week or two?  I'm not sure as I haven't tracked earnings that close.  If you actually paid for a container, then you'll be switching even earlier.  Regardless, the pendulum will swing to the other side....with even more lopsided victories for the Eagles...simply because Eagles players will not have earned max loyalty by lack of daily wins by then.

In the end, it was about getting the camo's(Sharks) or getting containers(Eagles).  That was the real choice.  I have a strong suspicion that WG will not try to duplicate these sort of rules in the future.  We kinda screwed the whole competitive nature of this event by our cooperation.  Ironic.              

Well, today is day 10, so if you picked Sharks and turned down an invite each day, today you will hit 50 loyalty and will have earned 95 Shark tokens. If you switch to Eagles tomorrow and stay there for 10 days earning 5 loyalty a day by turning down an invite, you will earn 95 Eagle tokens. So if you then buy 3 Go Navy containers from the shop, you will get 30 Sharks tokens and 30 Eagles tokens, taking your token totals to 125 each. Just enough for a T10 Sharks camo and a T10 Eagles camo which will have cost $7.50 each ($15 for the 3 Go Navy containers, instead of the $20-24 normal cost in doubloons.

On Friday, Aug 10th, the people who were shooting for the max 75 Shark loyalty (195 tokens), will most likely switch to Eagles as they would have hit 75 Shark loyalty on Aug 9th the 15th day of the event.

[SOV]
Members
2,859 posts

I will always be in the losing team because I am eagles for the camo and will switch after I get 125 tokens and that is when eagles will be in the lead.

Edited by jags_domain
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
2,628 posts

i just hope WG will extend the go navy for another 10 days so everyone regardless of team can get the camo :)

[AR]
[AR]
Members
356 posts
14,548 battles

I have always chosen Sharks since day 1. I will agree that that the consistent victory over Eagles has gotten out of hand. My suggestion for this would be the following

1) Eliminate the team contribution UI tab where it shows which team has the most points. That way no one knows which team is winning.

2) Have a different premium camo for a different T10 ship. As it stands, Worcester is the premium camo for both teams.

3) Implement a token penalty and other cost for switching teams and make a small window of when players can actually switch teams.

4) Unique possible random reward for the winning team.  Say for example, 200 doubloons for shark and1-2 days of premium for shark or special signals.

5) Different Arsenal purchasing options for the teams unique tokens.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
630 posts
1,623 battles
10 minutes ago, luckyhoho said:

how can anyone likes the eagle camo, a giant [edited] on the bow......

It works for the Worcester...pronounced Wooster, like Rooster, the Alice in Chains song:

"Here they come to snuff the rooster, aww yeah, hey yeah

Yeah here come the rooster, yeah

You know he ain't gonna die

No, no, no, ya know he ain't gonna die"
  • Funny 1

[OO7]
Members
4,478 posts
11,039 battles
3 hours ago, Patton3rdarmy13 said:

I have personal reasons I can't choose Sharks so no matter how much want to join Sharks to get the extra container they get everyday I can't.

That's your problem then. Why should WG cater to you?

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
14,981 posts
9,575 battles
14 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

i just hope WG will extend the go navy for another 10 days so everyone regardless of team can get the camo :)

They will not. The end date for the Go Navy event is Aug 20th. When patch 7.8 drops (Aug 22nd) all unused tokens will convert to 50,000 credits per token. If you stay in one team for 15 days and turn down an invite each day, you will get 75 loyalty (195 tokens) and will be able to get a T10 camo. If you get 5 loyalty a day in one team for ten days (95 tokens) and switch teams to the other side for tens days getting 5 loyalty a day, then for the cost of 3 Go Navy containers ($15) you can get one each of the T10 camos.

8 minutes ago, Aiser50 said:

I have always chosen Sharks since day 1. I will agree that that the consistent victory over Eagles has gotten out of hand. My suggestion for this would be the following

1) Eliminate the team contribution UI tab where it shows which team has the most points. That way no one knows which team is winning.

2) Have a different premium camo for a different T10 ship. As it stands, Worcester is the premium camo for both teams.

3) Implement a token penalty and other cost for switching teams and make a small window of when players can actually switch teams.

4) Unique possible random reward for the winning team.  Say for example, 200 doubloons for shark and1-2 days of premium for shark or special signals.

5) Different Arsenal purchasing options for the teams unique tokens.

1) Then people will be upset as they don't know who is winning.

2) There are T10 perma-camos for Worcester, Des Moines, & Salem in both Sharks and Eagles styles.

3) Then if you want to collect one use camos, flags, patches and the like, you would not be able to. Also many people are getting 50 loyalty (95 tokens) in each so that with 3 $5 Go Navy containers (30 each tokens) they can get a T10 Eagle and T10 Shark camo.

4) Unique end rewards for staying loyal the whole event would work.

5) If you have different purchase options, then people will be upset that one side gets something better than the other.

Edited by Kizarvexis
added the date Patch 7.8 drops
  • Funny 1

Members
433 posts
3 hours ago, w4spl3g said:

Same. I've seen 2k in the morning EST. There are people that must literally do nothing all day but play WOWS and poop in a bucket.

• Funny 2

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
914 posts
5,530 battles

I really don't see the big deal on who's winning. For most it's just an extra 450 coal a day. Some on here make it sound like you get more loyalty for being on the winning team and that's not true. Now the coal is nice but at anytime you could have switched teams when logging in with no penalty.

• Cool 1