You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JCC45

So we all hate "weekend" players, but...

29 comments in this topic

[YORHA]
Members
4,146 posts
7,153 battles

What happens when they were all on the other team?

MHS2EUZ.jpg

Funny thing is they weren't all potatoes.

Took 105K of HP off of a Nelson and he was a 53% WR player with 243 battles in the Nelson.  He just kept sailing along broadside to me on the other side of an island.  It was glorious.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Members
614 posts
5,528 battles

We tend to remember the turkeys on our team, but quickly forget the turkeys on theirs.

We also forget that we were turkeys once, before we evolved into the proud and noble condors we all are now...

• Cool 1

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,470 posts
15,393 battles
4 minutes ago, HyperFish said:

We tend to remember the turkeys on our team, but quickly forget the turkeys on theirs.

We also forget that we were turkeys once, before we evolved into the proud and noble condors we all are now...

Only one true fact concerning MM, If our team wins it was fair. If we lose, it was clearly rigged. I would bet money on it.

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
1,249 posts
9,061 battles
17 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

What happens when they were all on the other team?

MHS2EUZ.jpg

Funny thing is they weren't all potatoes.

Took 105K of HP off of a Nelson and he was a 53% WR player with 243 battles in the Nelson.  He just kept sailing along broadside to me on the other side of an island.  It was glorious.

Noticed this as well lately.

Normally when I click on the post game stats of the bottom players when my team was terrible I'm used to seeing 40-45%. Lately I'm seeing more 50 percenters consistently at the bottom. Not sure why the trend is failing upwards.

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
1,050 posts

I wouldnt know. Pretty tired of getting in the top two on the losing team. For four days straight now.

[WOLFA]
Members
632 posts
4,355 battles
57 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

Only one true fact concerning MM, If our team wins it was fair. If we lose, it was clearly rigged. I would bet money on it.

There's a caveat to that and it's 3 minutes into the battle all of your DD's are dead most of the team lemming one side and the BB's are all at max range taking shots a enemy DD's.

Funny thing is it's not just the weekends lol.

[TMS]
Members
2,391 posts
24,638 battles
5 minutes ago, OgreMkV said:

I know the feeling. My first game this morning...

Shima_Carry.jpg

Oh the pain. :Smile-angry:

[HYDRO]
Members
3,006 posts
4,609 battles

Sorry, I can't hate on people that were working all week  and were unable to  play weekdays.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 3

[HRVAT]
[HRVAT]
Members
576 posts
6,930 battles

According to my stat...I am weekend player....every day :D

• Cool 1

Members
1,195 posts
4 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

According to my stat...I am weekend player....every day :D

that could just be the female in you :Smile_hiding:

was an attempt at humour, I am really not a misogynist, honest!

[AAA]
Members
502 posts
8,192 battles

When the reds thought they had the game in their bag. Their division of almost a full health Gascogne, Kii and the Kagero decided to brawl me. Took them down in a spawn of 3 minutes changing the game for us :D

shot-18.08.04_09.09.58-0083.jpg

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

Uh, I don't hate weekend players. I still don't understand why anyone would hate someone just because they don't play as much.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
8,965 posts
10,828 battles

I prefer it when both teams play well and battle is hard fought. Those are the exciting battles.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
Just now, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I prefer it when both teams play well and battle is hard fought. Those are the exciting battles.

Right, and those close and exciting battles happen regardless of the amount of "weekend players" in the battle. What is desirable is an equal distribution of those players.

[HRVAT]
[HRVAT]
Members
576 posts
6,930 battles
Just now, b101uk said:

Image result for woman i see what you did gif

• Cool 1

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
8 minutes ago, b101uk said:

that could just be the female in you :Smile_hiding:

Attempt at humor or not, I would feel nothing but insulted if that were said to me.

[HINON]
Privateers
6,265 posts
3,195 battles

I've been having some pretty enjoyable games lately. I'm not winning a whole lot of them, but they're enjoyable regardless... 

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
8,965 posts
10,828 battles
1 minute ago, Hiroe said:

Right, and those close and exciting battles happen regardless of the amount of "weekend players" in the battle. What is desirable is an equal distribution of those players.

In WOT Blitz where you can more quickly get stats checked after a battle I noticed it is not really the flood of clueless players during Summer Vacation, Holidays, or Weekends that can cUse you to lose, it is the distribution of the good players. If you are only good player on your team, but enemy team got 2-3 good players then you can see how that could be a problem.

I am ready for the kids to go back to school though, so that I can make heavy use of some of my slower Royal Navy BBs again. I can put up good scores in those, but can’t relocate quickly in them. Then I started taking losses because I could not go save a a base in time, so sadly those ships have been mothballed until Fall. Only my fast BBs, Cruisers, CVs, and DDs are able to move around the map fast enough to shore up things as needed. Also the reason I am trying to save up Doubloons for next time Scharnhorst goes on sale so I can have yet another ship to use for doing this.

[HINON]
Privateers
6,265 posts
3,195 battles
Just now, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I am ready for the kids to go back to school though, so that I can make heavy use of some of my slower Royal Navy BBs again.

I'm going back to school later this month. You only have to hold out for a few more weeks. 

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
6 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

I've been having some pretty enjoyable games lately. I'm not winning a whole lot of them, but they're enjoyable regardless...

So many people go into random battles expecting this or that - a close battle, a high level of play, cooperative teammates.. It's absurd to expect these things, and the people who do expect them feel more disappointed than anything else. The wiser approach by far is to simply accept a battle for what it is, without expectation. That way there is relatively little disappointment. And it's much more likely that you'll enjoy the positive aspects of the game since your mind won't be occupied by frustration and disappointment.

Edited by Hiroe

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
6 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

In WOT Blitz where you can more quickly get stats checked after a battle I noticed it is not really the flood of clueless players during Summer Vacation, Holidays, or Weekends that can cUse you to lose, it is the distribution of the good players. If you are only good player on your team, but enemy team got 2-3 good players then you can see how that could be a problem.

I am ready for the kids to go back to school though, so that I can make heavy use of some of my slower Royal Navy BBs again. I can put up good scores in those, but can’t relocate quickly in them. Then I started taking losses because I could not go save a a base in time, so sadly those ships have been mothballed until Fall. Only my fast BBs, Cruisers, CVs, and DDs are able to move around the map fast enough to shore up things as needed. Also the reason I am trying to save up Doubloons for next time Scharnhorst goes on sale so I can have yet another ship to use for doing this.

J0x2XVG.png

If only people understood how much they benefit from the existence of "unskilled" players..

[YORHA]
Members
4,146 posts
7,153 battles
1 hour ago, Hiroe said:

J0x2XVG.png

If only people understood how much they benefit from the existence of "unskilled" players..

I have benefited so much that my win rate has dropped from 52%+ to barely above 50%. Always in the top 3-5 of the team, but dropping like a stone nonetheless.

I could do without those kind of benefits.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
630 posts
1,623 battles
3 hours ago, HyperFish said:

Great philosophy...but do you know what they also have in common?  From the neck up, they are both butt ugly...

Edited by Bonfor
grammar

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
12 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

I have benefited so much that my win rate has dropped from 52%+ to barely above 50%. Always in the top 3-5 of the team, but dropping like a stone nonetheless.

I could do without those kind of benefits.

Your win rate has dropped because of you, not them. No one has such bad luck, sorry.