Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

Summer almost Gone

17 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
2,673 posts
7,693 battles

https://youtu.be/4ZQWr7cF0eY

Where will we be?

Since May I have seen many post citing the summer break as the reason for the large number of bad teams. The school year will be cranking up in the next few weeks. Will the skill level of the random teams improve? Will the threads complaining about potatoes ebb? Are there stats available which can verify summer has more bad teams. Or is this opinion based more on perception than fact? 

Edited by kgh52
  • Funny 1

[VFW]
Members
1,178 posts
23,247 battles

Perception....potatoes are always present.   Many complain about "kids" ruining the game...while I think the younger players are overall better (29 or less).   My experience, it's older players (30 or more) that don't adapt and complain about the meta (and not changing tactics).   Just my view....I'm an older player.

VR,

[TDRB]
Members
2,673 posts
7,693 battles

I am a older player too, much older than 30. I agree with your opinion.

[NANF]
Beta Testers
269 posts
2,003 battles

Maybe I'm a bit different at 38 years old, but I watch Flamu, Flambass and even Farrazelleth (to see CVs tactics to attempt to counter them) to improve my gameplay. Did the same when I play WOT religiously until the 3-5-7 abortion and being forced to play Tier 10 (sound familiar?)

Members
4,724 posts
8,124 battles

I will blame anything at any time for my less than stellar career. Kids, summer, old people (like me), tin foil hat stuff, ships I play, my eyes, my fingers, my brain, my bladder, my weak sphincter muscle, crap teams, cheaters, red teams that are too good, reds with a bunch of divisions, bad spawn position, etc. etc.  I got this down to a science!  Much much easier than looking in the mirror. Excuses help blunt the angst. I had a LOUSY July and something/someone has to be to blame. Blame shifting is now the American way.  Have you noticed? Can't be me! :Smile-angry:

• Funny 1

Members
26 posts
575 battles

I'm a ways over 30 and have always liked potatoes. Particularly mashed, or French cut and deep fried, baked with sour cream and chives. But not so much Aug Rotten (au gratin).

201512_2026_beadb_sm.jpg

[HINON]
Members
10,787 posts

Eh, I'm in a year round school program, so summer is just another intense semester haha. At least I'll be done in 130 days, 9 hours, and 24 minutes, but who's counting?.

Edited by RipNuN2

Alpha Tester
311 posts
7,082 battles

I clicked this link hoping for a more philosophic discussion about the vulnerability of August's heart and the shortening of the days, and all I get is a bog standard whine thread.

Members
22,795 posts
5,794 battles
1 hour ago, TexJapan said:

Many complain about "kids" ruining the game..

I've always disagreed with that. The kind of kids that could "ruin the game" aren't playing WoWS, they're playing Fortnite.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,605 posts
2 hours ago, kgh52 said:

https://youtu.be/4ZQWr7cF0eY

Where will we be?

Since May I have seen many post citing the summer break as the reason for the large number of bad teams. The school year will be cranking up in the next few weeks. Will the skill level of the random teams improve? Will the threads complaining about potatoes ebb? Are there stats available which can verify summer has more bad teams. Or is this opinion based more on perception than fact? 

This is who the player base is....get used to it....:Smile_glasses:

[TDRB]
Members
2,673 posts
7,693 battles
5 hours ago, 3Sheets2_theWind said:

I'm a ways over 30 and have always liked potatoes. Particularly mashed, or French cut and deep fried, baked with sour cream and chives. But not so much Aug Rotten (au gratin).

201512_2026_beadb_sm.jpg

Of course you know the 1st French Fries were not cooked in France but fried in grease.

• Funny 1

[TDRB]
Members
2,673 posts
7,693 battles
4 hours ago, Weapon_of_Proliferation said:

I clicked this link hoping for a more philosophic discussion about the vulnerability of August's heart and the shortening of the days, and all I get is a bog standard whine thread.

HUH? This is a WOWS thread, why would you even think it would be anywhere close to philosophic?

[TDRB]
Members
2,673 posts
7,693 battles
4 hours ago, awiggin said:

This is who the player base is....get used to it....:Smile_glasses:

Yes, just old farts whining about one thing or another.

[WOLFG]
Members
4,780 posts
2,703 battles
9 hours ago, Weapon_of_Proliferation said:

Did you think you were in a poetry café?

Sign in to follow this