You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Avrova1904

Do you still play Single-Player games?

41 comments in this topic

Members
342 posts
6,004 battles

I want to know about it. Honestly, the only multiplayer game I play at the moment is World of Warships, but most of the times I rather prefer to play a single-player game. I guess that today most people play multiplayer games since those are more popular nowadays but I still play single-player games and I enjoy them.

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

i regularly go back to some of my favorite single player games. i couldn't play multiplayer games all the time. i'd go insane.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,170 posts
4,934 battles

Yep! When I'm not playing Warships I tend to be on Minecraft, or trying out single-player in Stellaris, or checking to see if that Afghanistan mod I really like for Civ V is working again (spoilers: It's not), or playing something else that I've gotten recently to try.

I mean, I WOULD do more multiplayer stuff, but I work nights and most of the games I would like to play with my friends we don't really have servers set up for at the moment. And I can never catch them on. It gets pretty lonely sometimes... .

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
1,358 posts
5,428 battles

The only multiplayer game I play is WOWS.

Most of my gaming time is spent either in Skyrim or the Commonwealth.

I also have most of the Creative Assembly Total War games.

I do play one other mul;tiplayer game, but it sucks.  The graphics are ok, I guess.  It really could use an EMB.  You can go for days and not bump into a single quest giver.  The NPC AI is awful and there doesn't seem to be a main questline either.  You can get a couple of really annoying quest givers (worse than Preston Garvey) by getting a job or getting married.  The quest rewards suck, too.

I try to spend as little time playing that "game" as I can.

So, yeah.  WOWS and real life are the only two multiplayer games I play.

CS

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,405 posts
7,331 battles

From time to time I return to a very old single-player game (the kind of game where you don't need internet to activate or download the game) which was published in 2006 called Anno 1701.

It's about colonizing an uncivilized world by starting settlements, raising to high civilization levels, defending yourself and eventually reaching independency. It also has boats.

More a game for when I can't take Random Battles and have a lot of time to waste, I still overall prefer shooting more modern botes :Smile_coin:

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,479 posts
15,368 battles

I have a Steam account with many games that are both multi player and solo. But in Dec 2015 a Win 10 update crashed my very nice Dells Hard Drive I couldn't afford repair and pleading with family got me a donation of a new HP lap top that barely handles WoWs and WoT but it will not handle my steam account All I get is a black rectangle in the center of my screen. Besides that I also lost my wireless mouse and exceptionally nice joy stick. So no more racing games for me for at least 2 years of trying to save 50 a month to buy a lap top capable of getting my steam account back!

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,640 posts
4,460 battles

WoWs is the only multiplayer game for me as well.

I'd play more of other games if I had far more free time, but I still try to play some of them here and there, and they're all single player games.

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,418 posts
5,479 battles

I have over 1600 hours on Skyrim and it's still going up. Not to mention the sizeable number of hours spent fixing it whenever a new mod breaks something. :cap_viking:

Also recently I've started playing a modded Total War Rome 2 again. I've got over a thousand hours on Crusader Kings 2.

Multiplayer isn't everything. At times it's good to get away from the whiny asshats that other people can be, and relax in single player.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
127 posts
1,354 battles

Yes all the time, I have over 2,500 hours in Cities:Skylines. But I think half of that is waiting for the game to load. 

Members
614 posts
3 hours ago, RedSeaBear said:

Does this count? 

GspZNoV.gif

Wow, that takes me back.

I recently got into XCOM 2 (damnit Jingles), and for a good while was into Mount & Blade and the Total War games.
One day, Bannerlord will come....one day...

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

suYVOVu.png

I only play the single-player mode in Civilization and Total War games so only one of those six games is multi-player (to me at least). My favorite game hasn't quite made it into the top six yet, which is, of course, Total War: Warhammer II.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
3,278 posts
3,571 battles

I'm pretty off and on about it, but I do. 

Spoiler

Etrian Odyssey 1-4 so far.

Recently played Mass Effect 1.

Played some Nights into Dreams for a bit.

Still need to finish Gurumin.

Still need to finish Etrian Odyssey Mystery Dungeon.

Do want to play KOTOR II again. 

Also want to play Burning Rangers if I could ever get a copy of it. 

• Cool 1

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Modder
589 posts
2,738 battles

Recently Fallout 4, Skyrim SE, Battletech and Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Single-player games is a great way to just unwind when you've had enough of online gaming.

Members
342 posts
6,004 battles

I didn't know there were Total War fans here! I spend most of my free time playing Total War games. I have: Rome I, Medieval II, Empire, Napoleon, Shogun II, Rome II and Attila Total War, the last one unfortunately I can't play with more than quality settings since is demanding and I don't have enough computer to play "on ultra". I also like Scourge of War saga, and Ultimate General Civil War and Gettysburg. I am more a tactical/strategic pc games. Other game I usually play is OpenTTD, someone knows about it? Is a free open game based on Transport Tycoon, my childhood pc game.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,640 posts
4,460 battles
2 hours ago, Yoshiblue said:

Hide contents

Etrian Odyssey 1-4 so far.

Hey, a fellow Etrian Odyssey fan. An extremely rare sight, indeed. :Smile_great:

I personally like the 4th one the best. The latest 5th one is pretty good too, but unfortunately it didn't grab me as much as the previous four games did.

Members
3,278 posts
3,571 battles

5 looked interesting with the race thing, I don't hear many talk about it much. Was hoping it would provide a bit of a Phantasy Star vibe because of it but I have yet to play it. Will be interesting to see what this is about. 

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
804 posts
7,007 battles

Of course, some of the SP games I've played in the past year include...

Prey 2017 and its Mooncrash DLC

System Shock 2

Resident Evil 2/3/7

The Evil Within 2

Nier Automata

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series with mods

Darkest Dungeon

Dark Souls 3

Dawn of War

Beta Testers
9,812 posts

Some of the games I play are essentially single player but either with team coop or hero sharing.   Mainly going through RPGs, ranging from card based like Fate Grand Order, to tactical turn based like Fire Emblem Heroes to side scrolling type like Swords Art Online Memory Defrag.    Games like Pokemon Go are also single player but with multiplayer interaction on raids, trading, etc,.  Hard to say what these games fall on. 

Recently started on Honkai Impact 3rd which this time is an action RPG.  Single player mostly but with friend coop.

Edited by Eisennagel