Sign in to follow this  
Grapefruitcannon

WGC error.

14 comments in this topic

[MOOW]
Members
278 posts
17,281 battles

Well with the WGC installed now i cannot access anything from it.  Arsenal..shop...any online window shows webpage unavailable.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,753 posts
9,350 battles
31 minutes ago, Grapefruitcannon said:

Well with the WGC installed now i cannot access anything from it.  Arsenal..shop...any online window shows webpage unavailable.

FYI there are 2 installers for WGC - a complete installer, and a truncated/'broken' installer. I'm not going to engage in diagnosing your issue, but I thought I'd share this, because I wouldn't at all be surprised if there's a connection to the installer for WGC you used and the issues your having.

[77ARC]
Beta Testers
200 posts
2 hours ago, Grapefruitcannon said:

What is your default browser in Windows? 

Mine is Chrome and it works with no problem.  Anything I click on pops right  up.

[77ARC]
Beta Testers
200 posts

Hmmm, strange.  I never had an issue with WGC.  It updates itself once in a while and runs.  I have Wot, Wows, Wop,  PTs, and NA/EU on it.

I do run on a purpose built high performance gaming machine through a business class ethernet network in my home and 1Gb ISP.

Not much help with box stock machines, laptops, mechanical HDDs and Wifi.

Perhaps a re-install with the full WGC as @KSN suggested.  Hope you figure it out.

[MOOW]
Members
278 posts
17,281 battles

it started last week when i did a full reinstall of WOWs due too my new SSD. The install forced the WGC onto too me.  First at least the arsenal would load...Now nothing.

[4HIM]
Members
2,299 posts
6,910 battles
2 hours ago, KSN said:

FYI there are 2 installers for WGC - a complete installer, and a truncated/'broken' installer. I'm not going to engage in diagnosing your issue, but I thought I'd share this, because I wouldn't at all be surprised if there's a connection to the installer for WGC you used and the issues your having.

So how would you know which is which?

1,753 posts
9,350 battles
15 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

So how would you know which is which?

[4HIM]
Members
2,299 posts
6,910 battles

Well my last experience with WGC was............less than stellar.  I may give it another chance and see how it works.  But I won't have much time for it this weekend so it will likely be a few days. 

[MOOW]
Members
278 posts
17,281 battles

tried different thing to fix or at least find the issue.  Still nothing.  I want access to my arsenal again.....WGC is a big pile of POO POO.

1,753 posts
9,350 battles

@Grapefruitcannon did you get your reinstall via the main download button like normal? Because if so that's the messed up installer that forces the WGC into C:\ProgramData (who knows what other issues that installer might cause). You can get the WGC installer that doesn't seem to have any issues from here: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/wgc-whats-new/ just click the installation button on the page.

Unless you can get a hold of the legacy installer/client, when you get the good WGC installer do a "Check and Repair"

5b65d8dfeb56b_WGCGameSettings.thumb.PNG.1c3c7fc499586186588bb51691b60090.PNG

That should square you away... (no promises though).

[NOBUL]
Members
335 posts
3,661 battles

Have you made sure Firewall is turned off for WGC? Not sure if this will help, but it could be worth a shot.

Sign in to follow this