You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Riker_2

Yorck

8 comments in this topic

Members
35 posts
4,099 battles

How are you supposed to play the Yorck i have play about 10 games in it last game i played with had a Bismarck at 14 K and shoot four broad sides at it and i was aiming at the water and every shot i took went wide. Can somebody tell me want i am doing wrong or is it hit and miss with this ship.

[HATE]
[HATE]
Members
138 posts
11,711 battles

You have a slight amount of spaced armor at 80mm which is nice. But lack overall protection otherwise. Your AP dispite being 210mm is weak and you should use HE with its 52mm of pen. You can use the AP at closer ranges of about 7km max but it’s best to aim superstructure because it’s a very light shell with a large diameter. The hipper after it gets a heavier shell that complements the damage.

So to summarize, stick with HE the AP is very weak. And use your armor carefully, you can absorb damage but not infinite. Angle at 30° and burn your enemies. The torps are a bonus that complement the AP at 6km for food damage.

• Cool 2

Members
35 posts
4,099 battles

Somebody tell me how to get hits with Yorck i shoot all my guns and am luck to get 2 to 3 hits on a Battleship it is broad side to me it either goes wide or short and i am 15 K to 16 K away. Is it the guns are just not that aucart  the ship before it would at lease get 4 to 5 hits i am about to give up on this ship and find something else. tried watch videos and i still am not having an luck with this ship.

[SPTR]
Members
26,577 posts
12,558 battles

Thank you for your tip Thunder I recently unlocked my Yorck 2 days ago I ran it in Narai 1st before the mainstream randoms yes I find the AP is underwhelming almost all the time that I resulted to firing nothing but HE unless they are broadside at point blank, 

I feel like Im shooting nerf darts they leave a bruise mark at like the 1st 3 meters but after that they just droop in forward momentum or/and velocity.

Members
492 posts
6,157 battles

The engine on Yorck is so incredibly susceptible to being knocked out.  Two battles in a row I have had my engine disabled, repaired it, and within 15 seconds it is knocked out again, leaving me helpless.  I have already mounted Propulsion Mod1, but I suppose I will need to change my commander skills to include PM and LS instead of PT and EM.   :-(

[STW-D]
Members
74 posts
15,721 battles

Flamu expressed it well describing the Yorck as the German "oddity".  Her shell ballistics within 8km (both HE and AP) are rail guns, so hitting targets is pretty easy.  Beyond 8-10km, her shell ballistics get more "floaty", so more lead is required.  AP speed in particular falls off very steeply beyond 10km, so much so that using AP even on broadside targets beyond 10km is not recommended.  This may be where Riker_2 may be seeing issues.  When I play the Yorck, I generally only fire HE at targets beyond 10km.

At some point in the near future, however, the Yorck's ballistics for both HE and especially AP shells will be markedly improved.  This should make her easier for new players to pick her up.

Since the Yorck's HE is the strongest of all KM cruisers (highest alpha, best fire chance), I fire HE 80+% of the time whereas I fire HE maybe 50% of the time with her bigger sisters.