You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

Simple Buff to Izumo That Solves All

34 comments in this topic

[NOBUL]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
1 minute ago, NeutralState said:

All turrets have 360 degrees rotation, the animation will fit, just lift up the barrels.

[BROOK]
Members
1,634 posts
9 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

All turrets have 360 degrees rotation, the animation will fit, just lift up the barrels.

I unlocked Izumo a month ago but have not bought it. It's the bottom of the barrel T9 BB according to the stats.

[-TD-]
Beta Testers
2,473 posts
21,318 battles

Hey Joey I'm a bottom of the barrel player so that ship will be perfect for me.....

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,762 posts
10,986 battles

What it really needs is another two or three knots of speed.

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

Players gripe hard about the C-turret not being similar to Nelson and Forward Facing. 

As annoying as that aspect of the ship is, what AB-X ship has a 360 or forward facing Aft turret? K-berg and N-berg? Those 2x ships have Y-turrets also; they're also 66% MB Firepower directed rear. 

Izzy's C-turret is no different that X-Turrets on the NC, Monarch, Geniesenau, ect. The majority's gripe is the 270d Traverse time. She Teaches Patience for full Broadside. Something Yamato requires. 

Would she better as a T9 Nelson clone? Sure. Even if she came before Nelson. But the Angling and Patience would be less pronounced. 

[SYN]
Members
15,331 posts
12,175 battles
49 minutes ago, Ivlerlin said:

Patience for full Broadside. Something Yamato requires. 

???

Patience for full broadside is only when you can't overmatch 30~32mm plating.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,171 posts
4,934 battles
1 hour ago, Ivlerlin said:

Players gripe hard about the C-turret not being similar to Nelson and Forward Facing. 

As annoying as that aspect of the ship is, what AB-X ship has a 360 or forward facing Aft turret? K-berg and N-berg? Those 2x ships have Y-turrets also; they're also 66% MB Firepower directed rear. 

Izzy's C-turret is no different that X-Turrets on the NC, Monarch, Geniesenau, ect. The majority's gripe is the 270d Traverse time. She Teaches Patience for full Broadside. Something Yamato requires. 

Would she better as a T9 Nelson clone? Sure. Even if she came before Nelson. But the Angling and Patience would be less pronounced. 

Your logic has a single glaring flaw: All of those ships with AB-Y turret placement can partially make up for this discomfort by being able to shoot in 360 degrees around them. Izumo can't do that. There's a rather large arc behind her where no main gun can shoot, yet for some reason they decided to put the C turret on backwards anyway, Myoko-style, so that to switch sides it has to traverse upward of 200 degrees rather than the less than 100 of the A and B turrets. And remember, this is a paper ship in the purest sense. Izumo was a design study, in fact it was MANY design studies leading up to Yamato, of which WG chose the worst turret placement to implement, the J2 design. Other designs varied from a Bismarck-like AB-XY, to a Nelson clone with all turrets facing forward, to the conventional AB-Y found on Yamato.

• Cool 1

Members
946 posts

Don’t be a foo

WOWs makes plenty of coin with the playa who wants Yamamoto but will pay NOT to play Izumo. Not so free XP is bought. So why should WOWs buff Izumo?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,850 posts
10,406 battles

Turn the C turret around.

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles
1 hour ago, MrDeaf said:

???

Patience for full broadside is only when you can't overmatch 30~32mm plating.

Sorry, should have been more clear  the whole Patience thing. Was referring to the similarities of full broadside in relation to Yamato's Turret Traverse. 

Supertester
428 posts
7,910 battles

Izumo just got massive buffs this very patch and people are still complaining?

Kids these days. Back in the good ol' days, we had to grind an Izumo fully covered in 32mm armor and with worse concealment than any tier 10 battleship :cap_wander_2:. Sure, it was tough, but it made us much more capable Yamato players.

[SPTR]
Members
3,590 posts
6,518 battles

Izumo is now actually fairly good and have a niche at tier 9, she needs no further buffs for now.

Her concealment is now fairly standard, her deck armor makes her quite resiliant unless pinned down. Sure she's still gigantic and have a huge citadel, but she doesn't need to often take risks, expose sides and reposition for her playstyle. 

She can do well as a second line bulwark, ralatively stationary, play safe, and use her 16 inch guns with excellent shell velocity, decent penetration and alright accuracy. At that range, she's also relatively safe against HE spam and can stealth up without too much problem. If needed, her gun arcs are not ideal for close quarters, but she can still punish german battleships.

[LEGIO]
Members
3,268 posts
6,042 battles

I kinda wish they didn't buff Izumo. I had to deal with HE salvos taking away 5,000 damage per hit, so should everybody else. Plus her guns get insane muzzle velocity.

• Boring 1

[KWA]
Members
305 posts
5,173 battles
1 hour ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

I kinda wish they didn't buff Izumo. I had to deal with HE salvos taking away 5,000 damage per hit, so should everybody else. Plus her guns get insane muzzle velocity.

So just because you had to grind through Izumo when it was garbage, means everyone should experience the same? Balancing the game is more important.

Izumo now is pretty decent because it's got average concealment and good piece of 32 mm buffed. But problem is Musashi totally overpowers Izumo and every other T9 BB.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,171 posts
4,934 battles

Oh right, Izumo did get a buff recently. Kind of easy to forget given all the attention being on US cruisers, Sharks v. Eagles, and all the usual stuff that people like to kvetch (some might say, "CVetch") about here on the forums.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,624 posts
10,649 battles
1 hour ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

Because you had to deal with HE doesn't mean it shouldn't be buffed. I also played her before her buff and adapted my playstly around that crappy HE magnet and I actually quite enjoyed this ship.

[KAPPA]
Members
722 posts
5,153 battles

I've never had a problem with Izumo's main guns other than wishing that turret #2 (and only turret #2) could turn 360 degrees to allow for better performance in a stern chase situation. Admittedly, if you're in a stern chase in Izumo, something's probably very wrong. What I've really wanted was improved firing arcs for her secondary battery and maybe letting her keep more than one 155mm turret on her C hull. Right now though, the deck armor buff seems to be working pretty well. 

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,660 posts
4,467 battles
7 hours ago, Landsraad said:

Other designs varied from a Bismarck-like AB-XY, to a Nelson clone with all turrets facing forward, to the conventional AB-Y found on Yamato.

I would have loved to see the Bismark-like AB-XY pre-Yamato in the game. :Smile_teethhappy:

Is there a design like Myogi with A-XY setup? That would've been fun too, IMHO. :Smile_teethhappy:

[NET]
Beta Testers
474 posts
4,339 battles

its a turd even post buffs. i'm grinding through it now, and its by far my worst tier 9 for damage out put. its just so awkward to play. the bow on meta is all but dead in this game for bbs because the HE cruiser fire spam. so the one thing it could kinda do well is a no go for the most part. i for one would love to see a knot or two added to its top speed, fix the reverse facing turret to face forward as OP said, and get rid of the B hull, and make the current B hull replace the A hull. three hulls in this turd it just to much to grind. i have gone through the Iowa, Lion and Alsace and this is by far the worst experience i have had.

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
560 posts
12,463 battles
6 hours ago, Captain_Benevolent_Fair said:

Izumo just got massive buffs this very patch and people are still complaining?

Kids these days. Back in the good ol' days, we had to grind an Izumo fully covered in 32mm armor and with worse concealment than any tier 10 battleship :cap_wander_2:. Sure, it was tough, but it made us much more capable Yamato players.

AND I might add, we walked uphill BOTH ways, in the SNOW!

[HUNGS]
Members
1,661 posts
3,603 battles
10 hours ago, Ivlerlin said:

She would be better if she wasn't so God awful ugly lol. Seriously they need to offer a new top hull that isn't so dang ugly