Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11C4O

Time to walk away

10 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
370 posts
202 battles

Just took NDJ out for a spin in Operation Narai. Big mistake, I did 11 kills 241K damage, 31 planes shot down. The rest of my team got 9 kills combined on our way to 0 stars.

I gotta walk away take a dump and type on my phone and complain on the forum. Then I think I'll take, I don't know another hour til some of my clanmates get off work. 

Solo Rando players that actually want to get stars should hope to God, Buddha, Allah, Jehovah and any other religion there is more than one purple, or heck even light blue player to balance mediocrity. If not, you don't stand a chance. If this was Spinal Tap they turned it up to 11. :)  Hope ya'll get better teams than I just got.

Cheers fellow ship killers!

• Funny 2

[HELLS]
Members
2,100 posts
19,986 battles

Welcome to the club. Something similar happened to me yesterday. Then I went back in again later and at least got the three-star win for the lousy cammo. Same ship both times, Helena. No co-ordination in either game, just s--t luck..

Members
4,724 posts
8,094 battles

11 kills and the rest of your team got 9?  What game mode has this many ships in it that you can kill? I just am clueless...really. Not kidding. Enjoy your dump. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,439 posts
20,366 battles

Well I got 5 stars a long time ago, figured I would try Narai again. When it was first released I had some problems with lag and freezing so I didn't bother playing it again after getting what I wanted. After Jingles mentioned xp farming thought I would try it then. It constantly crashed always when the bot ships spawned. People reported same thing so I thought with the New Narai they would have fixed that. Nope. I just tried it again and it is worse. The game played well until the Lexington spawned at the west side of screen and the other ships spawned to the north. Game froze, had no keyboard commands, no mouse, nada. Rebooted computer with power button and started game back up but it crashed loading back into the mission. Tried a third time and it got into the game just as my ship was rolling over and then froze again. Gonna take a wild guess and say I am not the only person having problems with the OP. 

[WOLFA]
Members
632 posts
4,328 battles

Had that a few hours ago in my Scharn. I got 10 kills and 186k damage. There were 4 of us and after I killed the Lexington I look again and it's just me. In a matter of 30 seconds the battle was over no stars :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,266 posts
5,821 battles

This operation is actually relatively easy to do, the problem is that the teams are dysfunctional which makes it hard to complete let alone achieve 5 stars because of the lack of coordination and communication between players

The task itself are easy (with exception of killing the CV King for one ship to handle by itself), but if not done properly it usually sets up for failure by the time enemy reinforcements arrive at the harbor. The task of killing the fleeing transports and killing King tends to be distracting and enticing for players to all go for it even though you need just one for the transports and maybe two for King.

For example I can call for doing the south task of killing the transports at the start of the game, but if no one in my team utter a single word, then I have no idea what they are thinking and often time see that another ship or even two wants to go south even though I called it and by the time I realize it, it's far too late for me to turn back and protect the transports thus wasting my time and costing us a potential 5 star or even a win.

It's appalling how much of a lack of communication there are in random teams for ops where it is absolutely crucial to have so that you won't have people trying to do the same secondary objectives at once or won't bother doing them at all.

What is more difficult in completing Narai with a 5 star is finding a division for Narai using the in game channel, you would assume more people would try to form divisions to do Narai in game given how many people are having less success with it in random teams.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
578 posts
12,229 battles

Played ten matches and got two wins, neither of which were five stars. The worst part is the time invested to come away with virtually no XP, especially with the whole Sharks vs Eagles thing going on. I used to five star this scenario, not easily, but at least regularly before the buff. Now in a random setting it's almost unrealistic to even expect to win. My last match had a BB chase the CV to the upper part of the map, not kill it, then just sit there while the team asked him to do something, anything. I burned out leaving two bots in the base with almost 250k damage done. To watch an almost full health BB refuse to try at the end of the match was pretty aggravating. 

[NLIST]
Beta Testers
1,308 posts
12,591 battles

They changed the spawns of the bots to be more challenging, so with a rookie squad that doesn't know where to send certain ships, you will do lots of damage and yet lose the OP.  In about 2 weeks people will start to catch on, or just do it with your clan - it's good farming with 7 guys that have a group plan.

Members
614 posts

Good to hear its not just me.  I gave it a go in my Boise (after just watching Mejash's video on the changes) and luckily spawned exactly where he did.  Not sure if there was lag or something because someone kept repeatedly asking who was going for the transports and who was going north after I said I was headed for transports and moving south and pinged the map.

One of our BBs disconnected at some point and ended up charging the map border on the opposite side of the island where the Lexington is. I'll give it a few more goes, hopefully this crashing thing gets sorted, can't afford a single AFK ship.

Sign in to follow this