You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Nocroman

Mean and not accurate

43 comments in this topic

[HESEA]
Members
16 posts
2,132 battles

Ok lets talk points. If I fired my Torpedoes And another player on the same team as I am runs across the path of my torpedoes. Why do I get a penalty point? The same thing as when I am close to another players ship and fore my guns at an enemies ship the game tells me to not fire on a friendly ship, even though I did not hit the friendly ship and all shells hit the target. Just little quirks in the game that I have noticed. P.S. Isn't all that black oily smoke ships keep making bad for the sailors lungs? Just asking.

Navel Battle 1920x1080.jpg

[S0L0]
Members
286 posts
6,439 battles

1. If an ally is close to you, and in the possible path of torps...don't launch them, it's all on you if you press the fire button and he runs into them.

2. RNG can clause stray shells to hit the nearby friendlies. Had a case where a stray shell clipped the funnel of a near dead ally and killed him. Still on me because I still fried the guns and hoped that RNG won't send a shell to the ally.

Edited by JB_24
poor grammer! :D
  • Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,777 posts
10,986 battles

Because you shouldn't have fired those torpedoes. You are responsible for your ordnance until it expires and it is not other friendly ships job to watch for what you fire.

• Cool 7

[TDRB]
Members
2,677 posts
7,736 battles

If I fired my Torpedoes And another player on the same team as I am runs across the path of my torpedoes. Why do I get a penalty point?

You are penalized because you torpedoed a team mate. It is called friendly fire.

The same thing as when I am close to another players ship and fore my guns at an enemies ship the game tells me to not fire on a friendly ship, even though I did not hit the friendly ship and all shells hit the target.

Be sure you have plenty of distance between your ship & a friendly before you fire over them. I had 1 shell hit the top of the mast of ship that was in front of me. Most of my shells either hit the target on close by. I was given a team kill warning.

It is your responsibility not to damage friendlies PERIOD. That is the games rules.

• Cool 2

[5D]
Members
2,714 posts
16,272 battles
13 minutes ago, Nocroman said:

P.S. Isn't all that black oily smoke ships keep making bad for the sailors lungs? Just asking.

Is it me or anyone else think this is bait from a troll?

• Cool 1

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,822 posts
8,054 battles
1 minute ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Is it me or anyone else think this is bait from a troll?

Yeah the whole thing is too stupid to be legit. 

Someone on an alt account that we're supposedly allowed to have. 

Edited by _ENO_

Members
3,042 posts
1,917 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

Because you shouldn't have fired those torpedoes. You are responsible for your ordnance until it expires and it is not other friendly ships job to watch for what you fire.

Ladies and gentlemen, introducing a troll post! His or mine... which one is it?

Spoiler

it's his. Not mine

Spoiler

Just kidding, it's both.

In all honesty, Tk penalty and the fact that team damage exists at all are ridiculous. Downvote me all you want, but plenty of games do well without it.

RTS games don't have team damage, and yet carriers get it... why?

Most arcady FPS don't have team damage, and yet surface ships get it... why?

Don't say immersion. The way radar is, overmatch, IJN DD torps being super easy to spot, and having numerous paper VMF Cruisers and DDs in the game break immersion much more in randoms than removing team damage ever would.

Team damage being removed in Ops actually reduced the potential for trolling in them. Who's to say it wouldn't do the same for randoms? Hmm?

• Boring 1

[WOLF9]
Members
8,978 posts
4,184 battles

Not torps, but I had a similar situation today.  Pounding some oncoming battleship with St. Louis.  I've you've ever seen a St. Louis, it is lined with guns sticking out the sides, not all that far above the waterline.  About the last thing you want to do is pull up alongside a St. Louis on the firing line.  If he doesn't see you, he'll blow doors in your hull -- literally.

Happened twice today.  Fortunately the reload time is slow enough that I heard the warning.

Yes, I realize that it is my responsibility where my shells go, but it is also the responsibility of the other driver to use common sense.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 1

Members
3,042 posts
1,917 battles
Just now, iDuckman said:

Not torps, but I had a similar situation today.  Pounding some oncoming battleship with St. Louis.  I've you've ever seen a St. Louis, it is lined with guns sticking out the sides, not all that far above the waterline.  About the last ting you want to do is pull up alongside a St. Louis on the battle line.  If he doesn't see you, he'll blow doors in your hull -- literally.

Happened twice today.  Fortunately the reload time is slow enough that I heard the warning.

Yes, I realize that it is my responsibility where my shells go, but it is also the responsibility of the other driver to use common sense.

agreed.

Members
3,042 posts
1,917 battles

Thank you, dear people who downvoted me. I am most thankful for your generosity in proving yourselves to be utter idiots.

Team damage is a stupid mechanic, and it should be removed. Anyone who doesn't not agree is simply defending their much loved right to troll on a limited basis.

I often see new players downvoting those who dislike the team damage mechanic because they want it to remain so they can kill those who they see as not doing what said new player wants them to do.

Like, for example,  one player on the forums who sees his Tashkent and Khaba fired on and sunk by allied BBs because they are angry he brought heal instead of smoke, they don't like where/how he positioned, etc.

My point stands.

Edited by legoboy0401
  • Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
8,978 posts
4,184 battles
5 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

Team damage is a stupid mechanic, and it should be removed.

Down boy, before I downbote you.  Team damage is realistic (immersion) and its implementation has helped prevent this game from turning into a WoT dickhead convention.

"Don't shoot at your allies!"  This is bad advice?

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,777 posts
10,986 battles
9 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

Thank you, dear person who downvoted me. I am most thankful for your generosity in proving yourself to be an utter idiot.

Team damage is a stupid mechanic, and it should be removed. Anyone who doesn't not agree is simply defending their much loved right to troll on a limited basis.

I often see new players downvoting those who dislike the team damage mechanic because they want it to remain so they can kill those who they see as not doing what said new player wants them to do.

Like, for example,  one player on the forums who sees his Tashkent and Khaba fired on and sunk by allied BBs because they are angry he brought heal instead of smoke, they don't like where/how he positioned, etc.

My point stands.

In this we can agree, my response was DV'd too. I hate drive by down votes with no response explaining why.

1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

Down boy, before I downbote you.  Team damage is realistic (immersion) and its implementation has helped prevent this game from turning into a WoT dickhead convention.

This, you said what I was thinking far better than I could.

[TDRB]
Members
2,677 posts
7,736 battles
7 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Can I "upbote" you?

Members
3,042 posts
1,917 battles
15 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

In this we can agree, my response was DV'd too. I hate drive by down votes with no response explaining why.

This, you said what I was thinking far better than I could.

I downvoted you, and with good reason. I despise the team damage mechanic, because it enables trolling in-game. The Jingles moments of, for example, despicable, scum-of-the-earth same-team DD players harrassing their own team's CVs, are few and far in between these days, but they do exist.

The fact that team damage is in the game, like it or not, allows their very existence.

18 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Orange was a step in the right direction, but I tell you, real trolls will wear it as a badge of honor and then go back to trolling others once their orange time and probation time is up.

I didn't say that team damage wasn't immersive, but the fact is everything I mentioned in the first post I made on this thread is much more immersion-breaking than the removal of team damage could/would ever be.

Radar going through islands, IJN torps being so visible, the numerous Russian(and otherwise) paper ships, lack of many weather effects except for heavy rain in a cyclone, not ever being able to have your engine/steering gears permanently broken...(the last one is actually better that way, but I digress)

Yes, I'm a contrarian. Don't judge me, darn it!

Edited by legoboy0401
  • Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,777 posts
10,986 battles
9 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

I downvoted you, and with good reason. I despise the team damage mechanic, because it enables trolling in-game. The Jingles moments of, for example, despicable, scum-of-the-earth same-team DD players harrassing their own team's CVs, are few and far in between these days, but they do exist.

The fact that team damage is in the game, like it or not, allows their very existence.

Orange was a step in the right direction, but I tell you, real trolls will wear it as a badge of honor and then go back to trolling others once their orange time and probation time is up.

I didn't say that team damage wasn't immersive, but the fact is everything I mentioned in the first post I made on this thread is much more immersion-breaking than the removal of team damage could/would ever be.

Radar going through islands, IJN torps being so visible, the numerous Russian(and otherwise) paper ships, lack of many weather effects except for heavy rain in a cyclone, not ever being able to have your engine/steering gears permanently broken...(the last one is actually better that way, but I digress)

Yes, I'm a contrarian. Don't judge me, darn it!

The real trolls have been all but shut down with the current system. If they insist on continuing they will be orange for longer  and longer each time and eventually they will get a vacation and possible banning.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,760 posts
15,957 battles
26 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Team damage is realistic (immersion) and its implementation has helped prevent this game from turning into a WoT dickhead convention.

Sorry @iDuckman, going to disagree with you on this point; team damage SHOULD be eliminated, except said damage should also be reflected back on the player who fired the ordinance, whether torp or gun. This eliminates innocent players getting damaged by their own team while giving players who would thoughtlessly spam torps and gunfire recklessly something to think about before they engaged in irresponsible activities. But WoW allowing team damage at this point is simply saying that it's OK to kill another player as long as you don't mind being pink for 2 games.

• Cool 1

[STURM]
Members
463 posts
3,922 battles

To all you people saying team damage should be eliminated, would you rather have torpedoes with a 2099 era IFF system and a phasing device that lets them ghost through friendly ships, or magical pixie dust explosions that only hurt red ships?

Because one removes removes the valid tactics of using reds as shields against reds as well as being so fantasy based to be unintuitive, while the other will see a spike in players blocking teammate shots and torps to deny them damage and kills, or just to troll.

Just learn to watch your fire, and apologize for accidents.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
4,814 posts
2,726 battles
Just now, Baskerville77 said:

To all you people saying team damage should be eliminated, would you rather have torpedoes with a 2099 era IFF system and a phasing device that lets them ghost through friendly ships, or magical pixie dust explosions that only hurt red ships?

Because one removes removes the valid tactics of using reds as shields against reds as well as being so fantasy based to be unintuitive, while the other will see a spike in players blocking teammate shots and torps to deny them damage and kills, or just to troll.

Just learn to watch your fire, and apologize for accidents.

This.

[WOLFG]
Members
4,814 posts
2,726 battles

Hello, my name is DrHolmes and I'm a teamkiller.

The first part of dealing with a problem is admitting you have one.

I was negligent with my torpedoes, and I paid the price. 

I have had to repaint my ship.

I have been team killed.   And I managed not to rage.

[NLIST]
[NLIST]
Beta Testers
1,311 posts
12,648 battles

Guys, this poster Nocroman has started 5 previous threads, all of them dopey troll bait.  He never posts a second time in any thread he starts, he just lets the feedback echo against it self.

I am putting him on ignore, I suggest you do the same, he is purposely posting pathetic troll posts to bait us.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,760 posts
15,957 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Kylere said:

Without team killing chances the game will become DD's tossing waves of torpedos at each other. 

I see reading is still totally OP.

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,032 posts
9,474 battles
2 hours ago, JB_24 said:

1. If an ally is close to you, and in the possible path of torps...don't launch them, it's all on you if you press the fire button and he runs into them.

2. RNG can clause stray shells to hit the nearby friendlies. Had a case where a stray shell clipped the funnel of a near dead ally and killed him. Still on me because I still fried the guns and hoped that RNG won't send a shell to the ally.

2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Both of these, in my however many thousand games I have seen maybe 2 times where, I still share some blame on the one, but could be considered the other guys fault. One was I dropped torps from my CV on a ship, not anticipating the other BB to turn back that way, my fault, but he reacted and missed them, but, then for no reason turned straight into 2 torps right next to him. That one I share some blame on but he had them missed then turned in. The other guy, he was 3+ grid squares over, sailing towards the enemy team, with 2 islands between him, and my target, and a fairly long trip, but, around the time my torps again from TB's hit the water, he suddenly turns to go that way, is warned in every possible way between map clicks, chats, etc, for the entire duration of the torpedo run time and hits one just as they run out of steam. It was something so bizarre and unpredictable and is the only one I will ever say it was the guy who got hit's fault because there was no reason he should be there and was warned for a good while, while not being shot at or even spotted. 

That's what, 1.5 in about 5600 battles? I mean, I hit a guy last week, but, I screwed up and did not realize he was in the dispersion circle of my cruiser or DD guns, and hit him with an AP shell that did really nothing. First time I've seen a non collision pink team damage message in about 10 months, maybe more than a year?

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,174 posts
4,949 battles

The game has no way to distinguish between intentional damage and accidental, therefor they had two options: No penalty, which didn't work and let trolls run rampant; and penalty for all, which is imperfect but at least keeps the the intentional team-killers in check.

That's really all there is to it.

• Cool 1