Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shad0wFiend

Did scenario rewards get nerfed?

9 comments in this topic

[KABUM]
Members
22 posts
5,593 battles

Prior to .7.7 it seemed like a successful scenario run would net you about the same as a random battle. Now, however, the difficulty of the scenarios has been increased, but the rewards seem to have been set to something similar to what you'd get in co-op. I enjoy scenarios and have been rebuying lower tier ships to participate, but I'm not happy about what appears to be reduced rewards. Also scenarios give laughably less points for the go navy event than co-ops do even though they're much harder. Please increase the rewards for scenarios back to where they were and give go navy rewards for them that's slightly better than what you get from co-op to account for the difference in difficulty.

[5D]
Members
2,714 posts
16,238 battles

It could be that people were using scenarios as a more profitable co-op so they increased the difficulty and reduced the economic rewards but that's just speculation on my part.

[TDRB]
Members
2,662 posts
7,658 battles

I haven't noticed any nerfing of rewards. Running the Operation of the Week is what my friends & I do. The exception is Narai. WG closed this scenario before I had a T7 ship so I can't speak to what the rewards were for successfully completing this scenario before it was closed in 7.2. I have read the scenario was a gold mine and was farmed heavily.

[KABUM]
Members
22 posts
5,593 battles
30 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I haven't noticed any nerfing of rewards. Running the Operation of the Week is what my friends & I do. The exception is Narai. WG closed this scenario before I had a T7 ship so I can't speak to what the rewards were for successfully completing this scenario before it was closed in 7.2. I have read the scenario was a gold mine and was farmed heavily.

I think it came in with the latest patch which was when Narai was re-released. The patch before this doing the ultimate frontier had decent rewards. 

[TDRB]
Members
2,662 posts
7,658 battles
3 minutes ago, Shad0wFiend said:

I think it came in with the latest patch which was when Narai was re-released. The patch before this doing the ultimate frontier had decent rewards. 

The wins on UF are so few & far between when playing with random teams I can't tell. Raptor Rescue seemed to have the same level of rewards but then the 7.7 changes in the scenario did cause some problems in scoring 4 & 5 star wins.

[TWGGF]
[TWGGF]
Members
116 posts
1,338 battles

Scenario was worthy in farmed before, but now, it's not worth it to play again. once I hit 4 or 5 star, I forget it, since too many losing with random player in Scenario, so common. If you want to get credit and Xp high and fast as often as you don't had much time to play game all day, Scenario is not best, not even co-op, you are better off in random battle with higher tier (not CV) as you can if you are not or can't be in clan battle or ranked battle (for many reason like not had 10 tier or not had 6 people join you from same clan at same time, ect)

[WOLF3]
Members
19,741 posts
18,118 battles

I think the rewards are still good.  The question is what Operation we're talking about and the difficulty associated with it.

Operation Cherry Blossom is very rewarding if you slotted the right camo + flags + daily win bonus.

Operation Narai can be also, it's just the typical teams out there get rekt, so the rewards you get in Narai now are harder to come by compared to the original version we had.

But lately though, WG has been on a tangent to "Ultimate Frontier" these Operations.

[INTEL]
Members
10,024 posts
28,166 battles

They did get slightly nerfed, probably necessary. But it is not serious. You can't make coin and XP like these randomly selected screenshots from my extensive collection of old Narai screens with Atlanta, in the original and super fun Narai...
image.png.24713ead89f7ee67d8594d11d1460184.png

image.thumb.png.d362f37cd353bbeaf1d81b28053058ba.png

image.png.022d568348c21bc537328019dd68d3c1.png

image.png.dbcca1389f9a50f6a4e7199a7694e0fd.png

...but you can still do well. With the old Narai I ground out 40 or 50 million credits in Atlanta with just the 20% flags. Even games where I got only 140K damage I'd still rake in 600K credits.

But the real reason you can't grind like this with the new Narai is not because it doesn't pay off -- it pays ok. It's because it's not fun so who wants to face that game after game. Narai was fun -- putting down 300K even in a loss was a blast...

image.png.1abe3c43e837cc266539557b0bb25db2.png

...that Scharn game above was like a one-star, or something, the kind of game I consider a loss. 

I hate 40 or 50 screenshots like that from the old Narai... many with 200K damage in Atlanta for 800K credits. That operation was incredibly lucrative and incredibly fun. I wish everyone had the chance grind in it. But now? Narai is like a succession of job tasks, boring and often frustrating. In our ops div, which is super experienced, there are several of us with low thresholds who rage-quit at the constant bot cheating -- the miracle cits, the constant fires, the ridiculous torp dodges. Usually I have my limit and when it is exceeded I stop. It's. just. not. fun. Which is sad, because operations are a great idea and we need more of them.

There are a couple of ops that are still fun. But I am not mentioning them because there is so little fun in the game and I don't want WG to gut them. Instead, I'll just leave this last Old Narai screenshot here...

image.png.684cdd7582d210b8b26619bce2093b7c.png

[-FUA-]
Members
57 posts
9,171 battles

I would like to remind WG that the game should be entertaining and that don't piss off the customers.  If they think they are getting gipped in the rewards, this is a great way to lose PAYING customers.  You guys like getting a pay check and eating??????

Sign in to follow this