You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Markk9

Running in WOWs in Bootcamp

16 comments in this topic

[13CLM]
Members
311 posts
1,979 battles

How well does WOWs run inside of bootcamp?

Edited by Markk9

[CLAN]
Beta Testers
207 posts
12,034 battles

Depends on your Mac. When you boot in Bootcamp you are running windows natively. Up until June I had a 12” MacBook and WoWs was running OK in 1440x900 with low graphics settings. Upgraded to a MacBook Pro in June and I can now run high graphics in 1440x900. 

[13CLM]
Members
311 posts
1,979 battles

I have a MacBook Pro running an I7 2.3, screen is 2560x1080. I play WOWs in OSX with no problems.

[WOLF6]
Members
767 posts
4,879 battles

I have a 2013 11-inch MacBook Air running WoWS in a boot camp partition.

since it’s native Windows 10. It runs just as well as my gaming PC at home. Other than the fact that the MacBook Air runs in minimum mode and the Gaming PC is running with everything maxed.

on the MacBook Air I get 35-40fps.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,478 posts
12,810 battles

Runs as good as can be expected on my 6 year old macbook pro.  I can play it if I turn the settings down.

[13CLM]
Members
311 posts
1,979 battles

I set up bootcamp and all is running well, I'm getting a bit better frame rate with Win7 then OSX.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,478 posts
12,810 battles
20 hours ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Do they even allow you to play games during bootcamp? 

How soft our military has become.

Bootcamp is a Mac tool that creates a separate partition on your hard drive, and allows you to install windows to run natively on a mac.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,777 posts
18,185 battles
21 hours ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Do they even allow you to play games during bootcamp? 

How soft our military has become.

1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

Bootcamp is a Mac tool that creates a separate partition on your hard drive, and allows you to install windows to run natively on a mac.

I was waiting for someone to say this stuff :Smile_popcorn:

giphy.webp

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[USCPO]
[USCPO]
Members
75 posts
On 8/3/2018 at 6:35 PM, Markk9 said:

I have a MacBook Pro running an I7 2.3, screen is 2560x1080. I play WOWs in OSX with no problems.

This question interest me.

I have a late 2016 touchbar MB Pro 15".

I believe Wow's runs in a Wine wrapper on MacOSX.  I too would like to know if Wow's would run better under Parallels or, preferably, Bootcamp.

I don't find it runs very well "natively".

[XBRTC]
Members
2,744 posts
8,761 battles
1 hour ago, Steel_Castles said:

I believe Wow's runs in a Wine wrapper on MacOSX.  I too would like to know if Wow's would run better under Parallels or, preferably, Bootcamp.

Boot camp all the way. Parallels sucks for gaming, and so does the WINE crap on OSX.

[CHBK]
Members
562 posts
2,452 battles

Ha ha.  I completely misinterpreted this and thought you were going to try to somehow play WOWs after shipping off to basic training.

[WOLF6]
Members
767 posts
4,879 battles
1 hour ago, Steel_Castles said:

Probably doesn’t run very well in Parallels, as you still have all of the macOS infrastructure and windows running in an emulator in macOS.

when you run boot camp, you are running a native windows 10 install. You’re not going through the macOS at all.

im running boot camp on a 2013 MacBook Air, world of warships runs pretty well as far as I’m concerned, although with each update, the port seems to lag more and more.   Once in battle I get 35-45 FPS running in minimum graphics, because there is no dedicated GPU in a MacBook Air.  Graphics is just running off the Intel graphics on the i5 processor.

[USCPO]
[USCPO]
Members
75 posts
16 hours ago, wtfovr said:

Probably doesn’t run very well in Parallels, as you still have all of the macOS infrastructure and windows running in an emulator in macOS.

when you run boot camp, you are running a native windows 10 install. You’re not going through the macOS at all.

im running boot camp on a 2013 MacBook Air, world of warships runs pretty well as far as I’m concerned, although with each update, the port seems to lag more and more.   Once in battle I get 35-45 FPS running in minimum graphics, because there is no dedicated GPU in a MacBook Air.  Graphics is just running off the Intel graphics on the i5 processor.

Thanks !

[XBRTC]
Members
2,744 posts
8,761 battles

Thing you might run into using Bootcamp, though, is mouse issues. I've got a Logitech MX Master 2S that I use when I'm running in Windows on my MBP, and it's utterly crap under bluetooth. I have to use the Unifying dongle thing, otherwise the stuttering makes the mouse completely worthless. The standard fixes you find online don't seem to work, unnfortunately.