You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Feclez

Eagle v Sharks????

33 comments in this topic

[POET]
[POET]
Members
147 posts
4,796 battles

I know this has more than likely been brought up before now...… but im being lazy and cant be bothered looking through the forums

But cmon seriously!!!!!!!

we are now on like day 9 and the EAGLES have had a 50% bonus since day 2 on the US servers...….

other than the very first day of the torny/event there hasn't been a day that the score has been below 1-3 million difference...… 

personally im near 3/4+ full on loyalty for eagles and we have not had a single win and cant actually see one coming.

WHY ONLY 50% Cap on the bonus when there is such a MASSIVE gap on the scoring!!!!

[NLIST]
[NLIST]
Beta Testers
1,310 posts
12,629 battles

Because it doesn't matter.  Loyalty is the currency used to buy tier 10 perma camos, and that payout doesn't change no matter how many times your team wins or loses.  Be grateful you can more easily get into the top 1,000 or 100 or 10 on the Eagles than the Sharks.  I can't wait until 10 days from now when all the posts will be, "Why are the Eagles winning EVERY DAY???????"

BTW, you are lazy and not too sharp to waste your first forum post on a non-sense topic.

• Cool 2

[POET]
[POET]
Members
147 posts
4,796 battles
9 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

BTW, you are lazy and not too sharp to waste your first forum post on a non-sense topic.

Rude to say im not sharp, I tend to read the forums a lot and not post...Lazy YES!! as I stated (couldn't be bothered to troll through loads of posts)

felt I would get a genuine POLITE answer if I just posted

I also think its more than about the loyalty, yes the loyalty gets points to get things from the Arsenal.. BUT...…. knowing you have worked hard along with others to get a team win and get a bonus crate at the end of a day and be a winner is a different achievement.....hence why there is a MY CONTRIBUTION tab that shows team victories etc....

@ducky I have not seen a 100% at all - day 2 was 25% then from day 3 it was and has been perma 50% bonus and the eagles team cant get within 1-3 million difference to sharks.

yes people could say well switch to sharks and you will win..... but that is not the point of this thread or posts I have made, its about the way the point system is actually working at moment and one team just can not win even with a bonus and the score line has extended since the bonus was on - day 1 was like 200k difference - day 2 was 500k(25% bonus) since day 3 has been 1-3million (50% bonus) its like the bonus for the team that should have it is working against the team so instead of adding extra points its taking away from them

But this is just an observation

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles

Yeah I have also seen 100%, but I agree with you though.  There is no point in making loyalty a thing if there is an obvious correct choice.  With that being said the containers you get give vastly lower value rewards than the loyalty points so its really just about picking a side and getting that loyalty to 75 for the free tier 10 camo.

[POET]
[POET]
Members
147 posts
4,796 battles

the camos are all well if you have them ships though. One of them is a ship that isn't purchase via XP and you have to use like 240k coal to get from what I noticed + the 500k for 2 T10 ships and whatever amount of XP before that - just for the camos

so for myself alone I will need to get along the lines of over 1 millions Free Xp and then the 240k coal - just to get 3 camos

is a bit steep if you ask me

Edited by Feclez

Members
2,153 posts
5,873 battles
8 minutes ago, Feclez said:

Rude to say im not sharp, I tend to read the forums a lot and not post...Lazy YES!! as I stated (couldn't be bothered to troll through loads of posts)

felt I would get a genuine POLITE answer if I just posted

I also think its more than about the loyalty, yes the loyalty gets points to get things from the Arsenal.. BUT...…. knowing you have worked hard along with others to get a team win and get a bonus crate at the end of a day and be a winner is a different achievement.....hence why there is a MY CONTRIBUTION tab that shows team victories etc....

@ducky I have not seen a 100% at all - day 2 was 25% then from day 3 it was and has been perma 50% bonus and the eagles team cant get within 1-3 million difference to sharks.

yes people could say well switch to sharks and you will win..... but that is not the point of this thread or posts I have made, its about the way the point system is actually working at moment and one team just can not win even with a bonus and the score line has extended since the bonus was on - day 1 was like 200k difference - day 2 was 500k(25% bonus) since day 3 has been 1-3million (50% bonus) its like the bonus for the team that should have it is working against the team so instead of adding extra points its taking away from them

But this is just an observation

Well, it's kind of simple.

While it might not have been intended that way, WG has set this event up in such a way that one side is likely to get on top (Sharks) and stay on top (Sharks) for an extended time.

It all has to do with your ability to switch teams.  You get team prizes each day for being on the winning team if you score any points that day, you get no team prizes from being on the losing team. Not only that, you get a prize for switch teams. 

This creates a situation where it's to a players overall benefit to be on the winning team and when it becomes obvious which team that is going to be, lots of people on the losing team will begin to migrate to the winning team so they can pick up those daily crates they are missing out on.

Maybe WG thought this would even out, that maybe people would take advantage of the "switch team" crate to gain more goodies.   But the switch crate at best is going to get you one crate a day, which is exactly what being on the winning team is going to get you. The only time it makes sense to take the bait and switch is if the team you are switching to is going to win.  At this time, that's the Sharks and everybody knows it.

So there's a big incentive for Eagles to switch to Sharks and almost zero benefit in switching from Sharks to Eagles. As more and more players figure this out, the inequality between the sides grows wider and wider leaving only diehard Eagles to face the overwhelming blizzard of Sharks. 

Some players think this will reverse as Sharks max out their loyalty scores to get some of loyalty points with the Eagles.  I'm not so sure.  Yes you can get some nifty cammo for Worchester which is great if you own her, not so important if you don't and winners are winner and winning that daily crate is winning a daily crate so, unless you are shooting for that Worchester cammo, it still makes sense to remain a Shark.  If the numbers get too lopsided before Worchester fans make their move, their change of sides may move the needle a bit, but not enough to make the Eagles competitive.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out, but for right now, the benefit of being a Shark is way more than being an Eagle and as long at that is true, the Eagles are going to keep getting their tail feathers kicked around the 7 seas. 

[POET]
[POET]
Members
147 posts
4,796 battles
3 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

Well, it's kind of simple.

While it might not have been intended that way, WG has set this event up in such a way that one side is likely to get on top (Sharks) and stay on top (Sharks) for an extended time.

It all has to do with your ability to switch teams.  You get team prizes each day for being on the winning team if you score any points that day, you get no team prizes from being on the losing team. Not only that, you get a prize for switch teams. 

This creates a situation where it's to a players overall benefit to be on the winning team and when it becomes obvious which team that is going to be, lots of people on the losing team will begin to migrate to the winning team so they can pick up those daily crates they are missing out on.

Maybe WG thought this would even out, that maybe people would take advantage of the "switch team" crate to gain more goodies.   But the switch crate at best is going to get you one crate a day, which is exactly what being on the winning team is going to get you. The only time it makes sense to take the bait and switch is if the team you are switching to is going to win.  At this time, that's the Sharks and everybody knows it.

So there's a big incentive for Eagles to switch to Sharks and almost zero benefit in switching from Sharks to Eagles. As more and more players figure this out, the inequality between the sides grows wider and wider leaving only diehard Eagles to face the overwhelming blizzard of Sharks. 

Some players think this will reverse as Sharks max out their loyalty scores to get some of loyalty points with the Eagles.  I'm not so sure.  Yes you can get some nifty cammo for Worchester which is great if you own her, not so important if you don't and winners are winner and winning that daily crate is winning a daily crate so, unless you are shooting for that Worchester cammo, it still makes sense to remain a Shark.  If the numbers get too lopsided before Worchester fans make their move, their change of sides may move the needle a bit, but not enough to make the Eagles competitive.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out, but for right now, the benefit of being a Shark is way more than being an Eagle and as long at that is true, the Eagles are going to keep getting their tail feathers kicked around the 7 seas. 

I think this is the point to my post as you say...

I have been expecting things as people migrate over from eagles to sharks being they win all the time that the bonus would keep going up so to sustain the gap due to lower player base.

Had it been that the bonus went up higher and people switch etc there would be a negative impact on that switch, but the stay with team to get +2 loyalty I keep doing, I dont know what you get from switching sides just to get a crate!!! but from the crates ive seen as the team ones go for points earnt its better to get loyalty.

it would be nice to log in the following day after a round to see that eagles for instance have finally won a game. being we are now in 2nd week without a win

really its not about the crates etc why im making a post but more so about the competitive nature of what the event was portrayed to be etc!!! sharks v eagles and as it stands one side just hasn't had a chance (due to the way the bonus switching sides has worked) as per my previous posts

[LOU1]
Members
3,600 posts
9,581 battles

I have come to the conclusion it is all about earning tokens to get the camos.  You get more tokens for staying on the same team, so I think players are following advice from videos and posts to max out the tokens for the camo they like (seems the Shark camo is more attractive to a lot of players)and then switch to the other team.  They will only need a few tokens ($15 worth?) to get the second camo after they switch.  The issue is that your never play with your team.  Your actions to win help the other team as much as they help yours.  Daily play seems primarily to earn crates. )And to tank my WR, LOL)

Edited by ExploratorOne

[NLIST]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,936 posts
10,679 battles
5 hours ago, Feclez said:

the camos are all well if you have them ships though. One of them is a ship that isn't purchase via XP and you have to use like 240k coal to get from what I noticed + the 500k for 2 T10 ships and whatever amount of XP before that - just for the camos

so for myself alone I will need to get along the lines of over 1 millions Free Xp and then the 240k coal - just to get 3 camos

is a bit steep if you ask me

Not really

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,770 posts
10,986 battles

I don't think the buff is actually doing any buffing and some people are seeing the buff as 100% so there is definitely something wrong.

[POET]
[POET]
Members
147 posts
4,796 battles
8 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

The issue is that your never play with your team

Here I see your point as you never know the team your on if they are shark or eagles team etc or if its a mix of personal shark eagles on a team!!

[POET]
[POET]
Members
147 posts
4,796 battles
7 hours ago, Komrade_Rylo said:

Not really

I dont see what you are saying ?

The salem you get with 240k coal - so unless you can get it thats a mute picture and comment I think

Edited by Feclez

[POET]
[POET]
Members
147 posts
4,796 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

I don't think the buff is actually doing any buffing and some people are seeing the buff as 100% so there is definitely something wrong.

thank you Brush, ive been thinking and saying that on stream - the numbers just have never seemed to add up

[POET]
[POET]
Members
147 posts
4,796 battles

ok bit of a stat post at the current time sharks have 6,824,224 and Eagles have 5,134,816 (eagles have +50% bonus) as I type this

this would mean that the actual score is 6,824,224 - 3,450,000 Approx (without bonus)

this would mean that near 180-200%+ more people are playing one side than the other

and this is actually a slow day tbh

Edited by Feclez

[LOU1]
Members
3,600 posts
9,581 battles
48 minutes ago, Feclez said:

Here I see your point as you never know the team your on if they are shark or eagles team etc or if its a mix of personal shark eagles on a team!!

I think it is always mixed.  And most players seem to be smart enough not to mention which they're on lest it start a team argument.

[-V-]
Members
811 posts
3,924 battles
2 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

Because it doesn't matter.  Loyalty is the currency used to buy tier 10 perma camos, and that payout doesn't change no matter how many times your team wins or loses.  Be grateful you can more easily get into the top 1,000 or 100 or 10 on the Eagles than the Sharks.  I can't wait until 10 days from now when all the posts will be, "Why are the Eagles winning EVERY DAY???????"

Why pick on the player? You are better than this.

Personally, go Shark seems like the better choice.

[POET]
[POET]
Members
147 posts
4,796 battles
3 minutes ago, LoneStormchaser said:

Why pick on the player? You are better than this.

Personally, go Shark seems like the better choice.

Shark certainly does seem the better choice as you get the loyalty plus the crate every day, but I made a choice prior to the start of things and have stuck with it, I have just been disappointed though at how the bonus system is working and the fact that eagles just cant catch up nor even get close to the points sharks are getting

and I can only put this down to the coding/management of how the event is being run

Btw. edit - ty for the support on the pick on player thing

Edited by Feclez

Members
433 posts
3 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

I have come to the conclusion it is all about earning tokens to get the camos.  You get more tokens for staying on the same team, so I think players are following advice from videos and posts to max out the tokens for the camo they like (seems the Shark camo is more attractive to a lot of players)and then switch to the other team.  They will only need a few tokens ($15 worth?) to get the second camo after they switch.  The issue is that your never play with your team.  Your actions to win help the other team as much as they help yours.  Daily play seems primarily to earn crates. )And to tank my WR, LOL)

Yep. If you're the only eagle on a team of sharks (and you probably are if you're an eagle) and you help your team win the match, you just gave a whole lot of points to the sharks and relatively few to your own.

The event is fail. Who even designed it?

[POET]
[POET]
Members
147 posts
4,796 battles
39 minutes ago, MrSparkle said:

Yep. If you're the only eagle on a team of sharks (and you probably are if you're an eagle) and you help your team win the match, you just gave a whole lot of points to the sharks and relatively few to your own.

The event is fail. Who even designed it?

TY for input, im hoping a dev actually reads this thread now to see about how some of the little issues have effected this event

I think its more about the %'s and mathematics to bonuses etc etc that have really made it fail, I would love to see some numbers on how many people are playing on each team

ive just tried to go on the % basis of overall points like but its hard as there are the quests to gain points which is always fun (good idea) to have but if like you say your only eagle in rest of sharks team you aint gaining anything really

[POET]
[POET]
Members
147 posts
4,796 battles

as a side note I know a lot of these events are run on a beta/test server prior to loading on to full server....

but it is showing that an event like this the % of people on a test server is not being calculated properly prior to it being released as a main and its taking too long for a fix

I thought the event was about the sharks trying to beat the eagles and visa versa.

not all join one team and farm stuff and then switch and farm more!!!! where is the competition in that???

Edited by Feclez

Members
433 posts
2 minutes ago, Feclez said:

TY for input, im hoping a dev actually reads this thread now to see about how some of the little issues have effected this event

I think its more about the %'s and mathematics to bonuses etc etc that have really made it fail, I would love to see some numbers on how many people are playing on each team

ive just tried to go on the % basis of overall points like but its hard as there are the quests to gain points which is always fun (good idea) to have but if like you say your only eagle in rest of sharks team you aint gaining anything really

Well you're gaining personal points toward crates, but your team isn't being helped nearly as much as the other team is.

[POET]
[POET]
Members
147 posts
4,796 battles
Just now, MrSparkle said:

Well you're gaining personal points toward crates, but your team isn't being helped nearly as much as the other team is.

I know everyone is going to have a different opinion <3 BUT!! for me it isn't about the crates or the go navy points to get items from the Arsenal....

it was the challenge of saying hey we beat you at last, and the gap just never closes on points or it gets further away, 

This is why I never switched teams coz I would love the team im on to win a game. but the way the calc's are in game etc its not going to happen unless as someone else said earlier, people fill up their contribution points on one side then switch teams to then fill up there...

to me that is not a comp pitting teams against each other, that is point farming to get loot

[POET]
[POET]
Members
147 posts
4,796 battles

so this is the current points tally for tonight, and its been like this all week

truly where on earth is the bonus for the daily losing team - coz near 3 mil down is a joke every day

is no benefit nor anything to encourage to play/concentrate on the event

try having the bonuses as +25/50% and also -25/50%

this way It would cut the previous days margin down, raise the losing team margin next day and then would also give people more of a choice in to claiming a crate or loyalty

I dont know personally what happens if you switch teams, but if you switch it should reset the loyalty you have gained on the other team

so you basically get thrown back to 0 - have it so this only happens once at 25 points loyalty and then raise the amount of rewards in a crate for doing it.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Feclez