Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Famous_and_Historical

Happy 300th battle, DM

4 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
91 posts
4,976 battles

I only realized after this battle that it was actually number 300. It was probably one of the best examples of carrying a battle and just doing everything required to win, even though it didn't come close to my damage record. The DM has been my most played ship for about two years now, and it has always been a tricky yet enjoyable cruiser to play. Unlike the Hindenburg or Zao, its high citadel forces you to take advantage of the spotting mechanics whenever possible. However, I think the DM has the best potential upside of any cruiser in the game because of its incredible DPM. When I first got the ship, it had a 2.5km stealth fire margin that I frequently took advantage of. Stealth firing was removed around about battle 100 for me, and that's when I started using the ship as more of a DD and CA hunter than a BB burner. I had great success for about the first 50 battles of this strategy, but around this time last year, the player base realized the danger of the DM and it has consistently been one of the first targets focus fired since then. Then came the "dark ages" for my DM. For about 75 battles I had very little luck with the MM and also played it too aggressively. I gradually experimented and changed my tactics during this era and they morphed into what I have been doing for the last 50 or so battles. Now, I tend to hang back more in the early phase of the battle and focus on burning BBs or dealing with cruisers. After the initial phase of the battle, I start pushing ahead of my battleships and using the radar to hunt down whatever destroyers are in the path of our push. Between radars, I fall back a little and focus on BBs or cruisers. The lesson that I have learned over these 300 battles is that you need to constantly think about how you play each ship and change your strategy if it is not satisfactory.

5b64caeea4abf_DM1.thumb.png.c08174b459c1480c5c7f9c993a0f54f1.png5b64cafe69fd4_DM2.thumb.png.6717cdac7975e145cc2d3a1ffe73db30.png

[GOFU]
Members
912 posts
9,470 battles

Will there be another 300 battles? 

The legendary upgrade on it looks mighty useful 

Members
2,165 posts
4,892 battles

Do you play more in open water or is your strategy mainly based on island camping? As far as I know USN cruisers don't do all that well in open water unless forced to and able to adopt a heavy kiting position.

Beta Testers
91 posts
4,976 battles
16 hours ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Do you play more in open water or is your strategy mainly based on island camping? As far as I know USN cruisers don't do all that well in open water unless forced to and able to adopt a heavy kiting position.

I usually start the game by island camping then go into the open water once my team gains an advantage

Sign in to follow this